#1 2009-08-17 19:20:08

I just found out today that another staff person has quit the COA. I'm really upset, so if I start to rant, I apologize ahead of time.

About a month ago one of the dispatchers at the COA quit because of how Marcia treated her. Marcia would yell at this dispatcher, call her stupid to her face, in front of other staff people and call her stupid behind her back. This dispatcher decided that since she would never let anyone in her private life talk to her the way Marcia did she wouldn't tolerate being treated that way in the work place and she quit. This dispatcher had worked as a bus driver and a dispatcher for about 5 or 6 years. In her letter of resignation she mentioned why she quit and how disrespectful Marcia was to her and the rest of the staff. She sent copies of her resignation to all the selectman.

The dispatcher had given her notice and her last day fell during the week Marcia was on vacation. Before Marcia went on vacation she had the staff come into her office to sign a paper saying they would NOT give this dispatcher any kind of going away party. No flowers, no cake, no gift cards. They all signed the paper. Needless to say the following week someone from the outside who use to work at the COA brought a cake in. She didn't bring it in the office she brought to the room where they have mug and muffin or the lunch room. When Marcia got back from vacation she was furious.

You have to understand when people don't do what she wants she runs around the office screaming "I'M THE DIRECTOR, I'M THE DIRECTOR YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT I SAY"  She's like a 2year old having a tantrum. Her balding brown hair frizzes even more than normal and her face gets beet red arms flaying. Ham should do a cartoon of her.

Two weeks ago a clerk at the COA quit. This woman has worked for the town for 16 YEARS. She has worked for a lot of people. When Debbie Bell left and they didn't replace her for 9 months and then Rushton quit, it was this clerk and the rest of the staff that kept the COA going. Butt Monkey was suppose to be in charge but was zero help. This woman made sure everything was done without any extra help or supervision. Talk about stress, but she sucked it up and got the job done and then they hired Marcia.

This clerk, like the dispatcher, couldn't take the yelling and total lack of respect so two weeks ago she resigned. Again she has worked for the town for 16 Years. Also in her resignation she mentioned how disrespectful Marcia is to all the staff.

Marcia has only been director 7 or 8 months. She has had 2 long time employees quit. She has one part time employee who also volunteered 10 hours or more a week. She quit because Marcia had her in tears twice. Two other long time volunteers quit around the same time. Shortly after another long time volunteer quit because (your not going to believe this one) Marcia asked this person to pay attention to what staff members and other volunteers were saying around the building and also at the community lunch. She wanted this volunteer to report back to her if this person heard anyone saying anything negative about her or were seen talking to certain COA board members. So needless to say this volunteer quit. So she has gone through 2 staff people, 1 part time staff and part time volunteer, and 3 other volunteers in 8 months. Great job Marcia, you should be proud.

She will also tell anyone that will listen to her that she was sent over to the library to straighten things out. She doesn't think the library is anything great and thinks the children's section is especially bad.

I've been told but I havent confirmed this that she is trying to get the Friends of Wareham thrown out of building. She doesn't want them to have their meetings there anymore because they don't like her. Who does?

Thanks for letting me rant. Losing this clerk that has worked for the town for 16 YEARS pushed me over the edge. This clerk is the sweetest woman you would ever want to meet.

Last edited by marny (2009-08-17 19:47:51)

#2 2009-08-17 19:39:39

I have a director's job for Marcia... oh, never mind, they're supposed to close the GitMo Detention Center.

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-08-17 19:39:59)

#3 2009-08-17 20:16:49

How NOT to interview candidates for a job:

1. Don't ask about their educational credentials (Brenda and the town accountant)

2. Don't tell them the history of why a vacancy exists (The one day town planner)

3. Don't contact anyone at their former job for references (Marcia)

a. Marcia did not become an angry basket-case overnight. She probably exhibited the same
           behavior in her previous job (s).

b. Marcia was hired because she claimed to know how to write grants.  None of her Wareham grant
           applications have been funded.  Did anyone check her previous jobs?

#4 2009-08-17 21:01:10

There are laws against this type of behavior. If the former employees have witnesses to the behavior of this women, then they have a valid harrassment claim. Where is our resident lawyer when we need him?

#5 2009-08-17 21:23:45

Marny,

Were you there?  Did you witness this sort of treatment first hand?  Speaking like a cop.  Not a cop.  Know a lot about cops.  Love em.
I am thinking about meeting with this woman to experience her personally.  I am giving her the benefit of the doubt because many negative rumors about her come from this site. 
Marny do you work for the WPD?   Please tell the truth.

#6 2009-08-17 21:26:03

It's been awhile since I have worked but I thought the same thing Larry. I was also wondering, since the dispatcher sent a copy of her resignation to the selectman, does that resignation letter then become part of the public record.

I would also encourage friends of the dispatcher and clerk to post a copy of their resignation letters on this site. They could block out their names if they didn't want their names posted.

Nice analysis gogateman

#7 2009-08-17 21:30:36

I BELIEVE THIS HAS BEEN WELL DOCUMENTED ABOUT MARCIA GRISWOLD'S BEHAVIOR. IM SUPRISED ANYONE WOULD WORK FOR THIS TOWN.

#8 2009-08-17 21:43:20

First, I would recommend that anyone that did witness this type of behavior make sure they have documentation. There is nothing that can be done without documentation. Eye witnesses help a great deal. If this employee did send a letter to the Selectmen, let's see what they say about it.

If it is true, this type of behavior should never be allowed to happen. No one has the right to degrade or belittle an employee, especially in front of other employees.

#9 2009-08-17 21:57:07

Pink.. I am retired and I have never worked for the town or the state.

#10 2009-08-17 22:10:14

What do you suppose would happen if the Friends of the Library decided not to meet in formal session for a long period of time. During that period of time, monies donated to them would continue to accrue until they meet to distribute the monies. How would the Town like not getting paid for awhile?
When are they going to appoint the new Trustees, and how many of you can apply?
Now's the time to go after every committee, board, association and anything else you can grab.
Time is running out.
April is not that far off, and Town Meeting is even closer.
Time to get organized and educated.

#11 2009-08-17 22:26:27

dan,
One question.  What is your opinion regarding ex Chief Joyce?

I remember.   So please tell the truth.
Many of us are very interested to hear your response.

Last edited by PinkPanther (2009-08-17 22:29:08)

#12 2009-08-17 22:42:03

Marny. Then with much respect I ask you to please have an open mind.   Because the truth about what has taken place here in Wareham will boggle your mind.   Hopefully, it will not all come to light.  Just pinkie thinking.

#13 2009-08-18 07:55:25

My opinion of Chief Joyce?
Goodbye....good riddance.
I could never respect a Chief that doesn't support his men and women on the job.
A young Marine came home from Iraq a few years ago to Wareham. A Police Officer. A man that dedicated himself, not just to Wareham, but to our Nation.
Chief Joyce was with the other numb nuts that wanted to hold justly deserved pay, benefits, etc., to this American hero.
It took an "act of Congress" to get him the monies he was owed.
I don't have any use for anyone in management that doesn't fight for his people. No matter who it is.
I said many times...Wareham's loss is really Mattapoisett's loss.
Hope that answers your question.

#14 2009-08-18 07:57:27

Pink...  You said "Because the truth about what has taken place here in Wareham will boggle your mind. "  I have read this a couple of times, maybe I'm dense, but I don't know what the heck you are talking about.

You refer to the "negative rumors" about Marcia:

Fact... the woman has a serious anger management problem

Fact... 2 of her staff have quit because of her being so disrespectful to them

Fact ...4 long time vounteers have left, one of whom she had in tears

Fact...These volunteers are seniors and should be treated with respect

Fact... She was hired because she said she knew how to write grants, not one
          of her grants have been funded.

Pink... Please respond to these "facts"

#15 2009-08-18 10:08:40

I apologize. I said Mattapoisett and I meant Marion.
Thanks to someone for pointing that out to me.
I respect his opinion, especially when he tells me not to spout my mouth off without knowing what I am talking about.
That is what I preach every day.
Again, thanks for pointing it out.

#16 2009-08-18 15:21:00

Pinkie, are you sure you are thinking because your slurred and incomprehensible posts sound more like you are drinking. Just a question, please answer honestly.

#17 2009-08-18 15:39:11

Thank you dan for the truthful answer.  I appreciate it.

#18 2009-08-18 16:07:34

Marny,  I hear good and bad things about her.   So I can't help but be curious.   If you have witnessed these outburst's of hers.  Than some of the bad things I have heard must be true.  That's why I asked if you had been there to see things first hand.   I'm only interested in the truth.

Last edited by PinkPanther (2009-08-18 16:13:59)

#19 2009-08-18 16:11:50

iliveinazoo,  No I was not drinking.  But if I wanted to it's legal.  I am over wayyyy over 21.   I was busy and tired.  I'm always busy.

#20 2009-08-18 16:13:18

dan,
I know exactly whom you refer to.  He's a good cop.  I have known his family for 35 years.

#21 2009-08-18 16:23:59

Please do me a favor, Pink. Please tell him I said thank you for his service. Please tell him that a brother Marine thinks of him every day, and he, along with all of the others who serve us in every branch of the United States Military, are in my prayers many times a day.
Please tell his family I thank them for "lending" this fine young man to our Nation and our Corps.
Thank him for his service to Wareham.
Please tell him I am proud of him and that "Once a Marine; always a Marine".
I will not forget him. Nor should anyone else.
Bless you, brother. Bless you, son.
Welcome home!

#22 2009-08-18 16:25:56

I have walked by the office this past winter and heard her yelling at staff. I have been at the dispatcher desk waiting for information and have witnessed how rude she is to her staff. She really doesn't seem to care what people think or even see anything wrong with the way she treats people. More important than what I have witnessed are the 5 FACTS I listed about her in my previous post. Those are all FACTS. The truth, you can either accept or reject what I have said.

Now answer my question what the heck did you mean by...  "Because the truth about what has taken place here in Wareham will boggle your mind." Sorry I don't understand what you were trying to say. Only the facts please.

#23 2009-08-18 16:59:46

marny, 
Thanks for the insight as to what is going on in yet another town department that this current administration is responsible for turning absolutely upside down starting with the loss of Debbie Bell.  It is yet another example of interference with day to day together with the lack of qualifications to lead and manage a municipality such as ours. 
Like gogatemen points out, doesn't anyone do a background check as this sort of personality doesn't develop over night ?
And now she's in the mix of over seeing very competent, considerate staff at the library.  Maybe the BOS and the administration know this about her and want her to force others to resign.  God help us.
I thought we had 12 qualified applicants for the library director's position and were told several weeks back that one would be on board before the end of July.  What happened ?  Interviews scare them all away ?

Last edited by bbrady (2009-08-19 21:34:01)

#24 2009-08-19 18:30:44

I haven't confirmed this yet, but someone told me one person from the library has retired and another has quit. I'm not sure if this was before or after Marcia was appointed interim. Why is Marcia taking staff from the COA to help her at the library? Can this woman do anything on her own? If she needs help doing her job, the staff at the library is more than competent to answer any and all questions.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com