#1 2009-08-11 09:52:49

I see he has a new "editorial" where he calls for the former trustees to open their books for the last 10 years to the public and the press (aka Bobo), " If they refuse, nobody should ever donate another penny to their foundation or The Friends of The Wareham Free Library".  WOULDN'T THIS BE CONSIDERED A "BOYCOTT"?

#2 2009-08-11 09:59:05

Note that, even though this is clearly editorial and advocacy content, Slager does nothing to separate it from the "news" content.  He doesn't even have the "in this corner" image up.  I don't see any other explanation than he is trying to present his opinion here as fact.  That's just sleazy.

#3 2009-08-11 10:11:43

In my opinion, he is running out of time, customers, and support. He will blame it on us, but it is truly his fault. He has been exposed numerous times, and I suspect people are just plain tired of him.

#4 2009-08-11 10:26:46

First, how many of your believe this?

The Observer has received dozens of phone calls from residents demanding to know the truth behind the “investments.” They want to know how much money was actually lost. They want to know what investment firm was used and into which areas of the stock market the donations were placed. They want to know why donated money was risked in the market in the first place.

Dozens means more than 24. Knowing how few people ever take the time to actually call a paper or write a letter to the editor, this seems to be to be unlikely.

And then there's the "which areas of the stock market" statement. What does he want to suggest? Does he want his readers to think the investments weren't sensibly diversified for a typical library trust? Or does he want everyone to think some crazed investment counselor convinced them to invest everything in Circuit City and Bear Stearns?

I'll wager that when it all comes out Robert Slager and Bruce will have pig sh!t on their faces. Not only that I'll bet that like most who rode out the downturn, the library investment will have recovered much of what they lost.

#5 2009-08-11 10:30:19

Why should a private foundation or a private business open up it's books to anyone? Is the newspaper owner willing to open HIS books for all of us to see?
Public monies donated to the Library have always been open for scrutiny and observation.
I said it before: don't respond to nonsense. It only gives it credibility.

#6 2009-08-11 10:39:46

JOIN THE CRUSADE TO PUT AN END TO THE WAREHAM OBSERVER, OBSERVER MEDIA, BETTER KNOWN TO US AS THE RAG.

Let it go people. It doesn't matter what ragboy writes. Ignore him. Let's take back Wareham and make it a better place. We can't do that with the rag in town.

We are better than the people who want to continue to see harm done to the library. We are better than the people who want to criticize citizens who are concerned with how their town is run. We are better than the people who are close minded and refuse to see the truth. So many of you here have left the dark and come over to the light. We can do it. You can do it.

IGNORE ANY MORE ONLINE POSTINGS AND DON'T BUY OR PICK UP THE PRINTED RAG----PRETTY PLEASE?

#7 2009-08-11 12:02:23

the IDIOT SLAGER SAYS THE NEW TREASURER WILL BE THE TREASURER ON THE NEW LIBRARY TRUSTEE BOARD AND WHAT IS HER EXPERTISE,WHAT WITH NO DEGREE, SLAGER OPEN YOUR BOOKS ,  LIZ SAYS YOU DONY PAY YOUR TAXES , WOULD THE LIBRARY BE BEETER OFF WITH BRUCE AS THERE FINACIAL PLANNER?   I PARTICUARLY DONT LOOK FOWARD WITH A BOARD OF TRUSTEES WITH BINDAS,LEISE CARMODY, BROCTON BRENDA,, THESE PEOPLE ARE ARE NOT LITERATE, SHALL WE THEN CHANGE THE NAME OF THE LIBRARY TRUSTEES TO THE BOARD OF STUPID PEOPLE.,WHO DO THE BIDDING  OF THE  SELECTMAN, THAY WILL THEN MANDATE A SCRIPTION TO THE RAG BE BOUGHT FOR THE LIBRARY.

#8 2009-08-11 13:03:19

Last week Mrs Donahue called for civility and toning down the rhetoric.

I guess she has no problem with their hired hand ratcheting it up.

He needs to keep picking scabs to get political ads and legal notices money.

Nothing he can do about it now it's too late,and he is in too deep.

At least we know what the cost of his soul was worth.

Just my opinion.

#9 2009-08-11 16:36:43

I heard her make the call for civility last week too. These bos ran on a platform of civility. They owe it to the people who voted for them to fulfill that promise.

The legal case with the library is over. Enough already. Show me some civility tonight--I assume there will be a 7 pm show?

Let this board of selectmen take the high road. If they agreed to this mediation, then they agreed to it. I don't think you can have a do-over when the case is finished. I think that's what it means when there was a settlement.

It's not easy to take the high road. Let's see if they have what it takes.

#10 2009-08-11 16:53:02

molly if you saw last meeting after jane made her TONE DOWN speech slager asked if media would be allowed at the westfield info meeting brenda snickered and said yes.. you dont have to be a rocket sciencetist to figure out that that was a backhanded comment about bradys meeting so much for TONIG DONE that lasted 60 seconds..

as far as the legal case slager has said the bos have not signed off on the agreement yet so according to him it is in fact NOT OVER..

#11 2009-08-11 16:53:41

Here's a guarantee: Not only won't the BOS be civil tonight, they will be downright nasty, feisty, defensive, arrogant, obnoxious, and with the leadership of their "chosen one" Chairman...they will ignore any questions from the public that require a legitimate answer and I would not be surprised to hear one of them say, "Sue us." during the evening.
Their level of intellect, based on a scale of those who post on this site, would be below 2 on a scale of 10.
I don't have much faith in any of them, unfortunately. Too bad.
Time to Take Back Wareham.

Last edited by danoconnell (2009-08-11 16:54:59)

#12 2009-08-11 17:08:35

no meeting scheduled for tonite according to town site or selectmans link off town site and i didnt recieve and email but i havent been lately..

#13 2009-08-12 21:46:38

I just went back through Slager's articles about this alleged loss, and I can't find any reference to the name of the person who supposedly said it had occured.  It's amazing to me that he's trying to stir up this giant pile of sh*t based on an apparently anonymous quote that somebody allegedly told a judge and we're told the judge relayed to the selectmen who then told him.  Oh, and there's no documentation to support any of it. 

Did I miss the name in there somewhere?  Currently on his site he uses the following terms to attribute the quote:
-"the former board of library trustees"
-"they"
-"the former trustees"

If there's no name on this, and he's just mudslinging, then that is completely irresponsible journalism, and he should be ashamed of himself.  No responsible journalist without an axe to grind would go forward with a story based on third-degree hearsay from a source who obviously has a vested interest in how the story plays out, with no documentation to back it up.  Simply irresponsible.

#14 2009-08-15 08:45:17

It all seems very settled to me.  Typical Bobo trying to make something of nothing.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbc … /OPINION01

#15 2009-08-17 07:57:10

Robert Slager, who owns and is listed as publisher and editor of a weekly paper in Wareham, Massachusetts called "The Wareham Oberserver", published an update to an article about the Wareham Friends of the Library. The article appears in the free online "front page" version of his publication.

It seems to be a somewhat modified version of any earlier article which was published a week or two age.

He did not highlight the updates or changes to the original article.

If someone has saved the original article, in the interest of promoting good journalism (if nothing else) it would be helpful to list them.

#16 2009-08-17 10:11:05

I don't believe this is Slager's doing. I believe Sauvageau is pulling his chain on this one.

#17 2009-08-17 16:07:32

urneighbor, i'll try to take a look at it tonight.  To be honest, it'll depend entirely on how hot it is when I get home, and what time I get out of the pool :)

#18 2009-08-17 22:58:59

I must have missed my invitation to the pool.sure could have used that today.

Steve

#19 2009-08-17 23:30:35

searay240 wrote:

Last week Mrs Donahue called for civility and toning down the rhetoric.

I guess she has no problem with their hired hand ratcheting it up.

He needs to keep picking scabs to get political ads and legal notices money.

Nothing he can do about it now it's too late,and he is in too deep.

At least we know what the cost of his soul was worth.

Just my opinion.

I like your opinion.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com