#1 2009-08-03 14:00:29

The Wareham Observer reported:

[u]The following day a Cape Verdean couple met with Slager to inquire about taking out an advertisement under the name “Cape Verdeans for Free Speech in Wareham.” The couple said many Cape Verdeans in the community viewed Brady’s decision to ban those with opposing viewpoints as discriminatory against Cape Verdeans, who have in large part supported the current Board of Selectmen.

The Observer ran a front page advertisement from the group in Thursday’s edition. The ad called for a peaceful protest outside the middle school 15 minutes before the scheduled meeting. The protest did not materialize as Brady had reportedly eased his restriction on who could attend the meeting earlier in the day. Several people who came to join in the protest proceeded to the auditorium instead.
[/u]

For the past few weeks, you have been asking the questions about who rented the middle school, why the names of the CBW were taken off a website, you always seem to want to know and publish names of individuals that are part of various organizations, and that is understandable when doing a report.

So my question(s) are you so freely publish the advertisemant for a group you call "Cape Verdeans for Free Speech in Wareham" who sits on the Board of this group? is there a website? is there a number they can be reached at to join? when did they form? What was the name on the check that paid for the ad?

If you don't know the answers, maybe Mr Donahue, one of our elected officials in town could fill in the blanks, since he apparently saw fit to send this to a list of folks. Is he the leader of this group? Does he sit on the Board? are the folks on the email it's membership?

I know many doubt it will happen. BUT I do beleive at least one of the members of our BOS will speak out at the next meeting denouncing the first comments, the follow-up story, and the Moderator's email.

Please don't remain silent, by your remaining silent it will give the impression to the citizens that you support this type of divisiveness.

Thanks

Steve

#2 2009-08-03 14:23:15

Steve,
Read my new thread. Some of the Slager supporters are justifying his actions.

#3 2009-08-03 14:33:28

IF THIS IS A POLITICAL GROUP AS DENOTED AS "Cape Verdeans for Free Speech in Wareham" YOU HAVE TO PRINT ON THE AD WHO PAID FOR THE AD (IE GROUP) AND YOU MUST SAY WHO PAID FOR THE AD. IM SURE BOBO KNOWS THIS.....

#4 2009-08-03 14:39:00

I DOUBT  THERE IS A COUPLE  WHO PUT THE ADD IN , I THINK HE MADE UP THE COUPLE  LIKE PAUL SHOOTER   THERE HAS TO BE A NAME OR ORIGNIZATION BY LAW ON THE ADD , THERE WASNT,   ALSO LIZ PAZOLI SAYS HE POCKERTS ADD MONEYAS TO NOT PAY TAXES ACORDING TO RUMOR,

#5 2009-08-03 22:49:26

I think this was one of the most disgraceful, underhanded things this town has ever seen.  To stoop that low, to try and scare people out of going to a meeting critical of the selectmen by filling them with fear that they would be falsely accused of being racists...every day these morons stay in power is another day this town suffers.

What this board is hiding that their supporters would stoop to such a thing must be mind boggling.

Bobo should resign.  Mr. Moderator should resign.  Mrs. Moderator should resign, she certainly could have stopped it.  The selectmen should be ashamed of themselves for not speaking out against this racebaiting.  Any selectmen who do not speak out against this shameless racebaiting should resign.

Cape Verdeans are human beings.  They are NOT political poker chips to throw down to shut your critics up. 

Racebaiting is gutter politics, and these jokers have proven to everyone now that gutter politics is what they are all about.  They have zero credibility now.  Zero.  None.

They have no answers.  They have no solutions.  And most of all, they offer NO LEADERSHIP.  They offer nothing, NOTHING but hatred, fear, and retaliation.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-08-03 22:56:38)

#6 2009-08-03 23:24:06

Ham,this little ploy of their's is just the first shoe dropping.

They are allowing our finances to go out of control spending money, daring citizens to sue the town,appointing a new Town Accountant with no accounting degree, firing anyone that might get in their way, bringing on a partime police chief,adding a group of people to our liability insurance then denying they did it..and on and on and on we go,and let us not forget the word Westfield.

This all adds to a Prop 2 1/2 overide, the question is will they have the guts to do it themselves or will they wait and let things get so bad that the DOR will do it for them?

But mark these words, when it happens they will blame it on past boards and dept heads. That story is getting very old.

Steve

#7 2009-08-04 08:30:23

Steve,
Other than their propensity to make a power play, their lack of management skills have been on display since I can remember. How can you be part of an interview for the town accountant and not remember if she has a degree or not? That is basic interview skills, and we now know Brenda doesn't have them or she is lying. In either case, it speaks volumes.

They have left an underqualified TA in his chair, despite the obvious signs he is not getting the job done, and has made matters worse.

We have all watched in horrow as Bruce firmly told us we receive no money from the parking tickets, which anyone with sense knows is not true.

There are more open positions that need to be filled, but qualified candidates are not interested. This group is ruining the town.

I question their ability to lead a town and plan an attack to survive the economic crisis.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com