#1 2009-08-01 12:51:39

I think this is what BoBo the HoBo meant to write:
  Living in a bubble - The Observer  has printed a lot of ignorant things in the past, but race baiting by  publishing quotes of a fictional  Cape Verdean couple on the Observer web site is truly warped.
    Observer readers, take your heads out of the sand. The Observer didn’t approach this couple. They made them up  because BoBo  furious over being excluded from Brady’s meeting and threatened by the whole concept of this meeting,  thought by creating racism where it doesn’t exist, he might take the focus off the scheduled meeting.    The Observer has never accused Brady of being racist. But only a blind partisan would deny that the Cape Verdean voting block is a major threat to the current BOS. That’s not to say everyone for that community votes the same way, nor should they.  But the current Board of Selectmen have used the members of the CV community all along, and to deny that is disingenuous.
    Even if you don’t believe Brady’s exclusionary policy is racially motivated that doesn’t mean other people can’t see things differently if they receive untrue information from the Town Moderator or the Observer.  That’s the typical dismissive attitude shown far too often by the narrow-minded  Ragman. There really are people who don’t think the way you do. That doesn’t make them stupid or evil. It makes you stupid for believing what is written in the Rag by the Ragman.

#2 2009-08-01 17:10:19

And there lies one of the biggest obstacles I see in Wareham. Far too many residents are clueless to the real goings on in town. And when you're uniformed and someone says," hey did you hear this or  I  just read this"  they take it as fact.  More Wareham residents need to be better informed and educated about their town by being more involved in their town.  Then they can form  truly educated opinions. Whether it is the same or different than your own. At least it wouldn't be soley based on hearsay, and  these days, more likely false information!

Last edited by nittygritty (2009-08-01 21:54:06)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com