#1 2009-07-30 14:20:42

John Donahue is circulating an email with the American and Cape Verdean flags on it, suggesting people join him for a silent protest at 6:15 this evening..he states "we' should not be excluded!!..he's as bad as the DB Slager, such a poor excuse for a town official..

#2 2009-07-30 14:33:45

Let me repeat---THE ONLY PERSON WHO SAID CAPE VERDEANS WOULD NOT BE INVITED WAS SLAGER!!!!

I think it is time for Steve Urbon to clarify the issue for us. Does anyone know him well enough to contact him?

Enough is enough.

#3 2009-07-30 14:50:24

How do you know this? If you or someone you know is on his email list, hit "reply all" and send an email back stating that Mr. Brady has not exluded anyone except the press, the BOs, and and moderator. Everyone else is welcome and if John Donahue is stating otherwise, he is spreading malicious propaganda.

#4 2009-07-30 15:00:57

I didn't know that Bobo or Mr. Moderator (two white dudes) were elected spokesmen of the Cape Verdean people.  Too bad they don't see Cape Verdeans as human beings, they only see them as political poker chips to throw down when all other attempts to squash BOS dissent fail.

I think they will find out in the next town election that this race baiting is pathetic and no longer going to be tolerated.

What the selectmen must be hiding for their supporters to stoop so low must be earth shattering.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-30 15:19:55)

#5 2009-07-30 15:23:06

I wonder what Mr. Cruz thinks of this. If he read ragboy's claims that CVs would be barred from the meeting and realizes that Mr. Brady never said it--he should be furious. But, if he only listens to his fellow bos and the town mod. he will think he is being kept out too.

Does slager even begin to realize how much MORE he has hurt this town with his race baiting? Does he care? He claims to "love" this town.Don't hold your breath waiting to see the love.

#6 2009-07-30 15:43:32

Who's in charge of organizing the protest?  Surely an objective bagel biting reporter would not be...

#7 2009-07-30 16:20:35

Someone should get that email and forward it to Deval. I am sure he would love it.

#8 2009-07-30 16:25:38

TBL

This blatant lie about the exclusion of Cape Verdeans is disgusting and shameless! Does the Slager/Selectmen crowd think Cape Verdeans are fools?

#9 2009-07-30 16:34:36

Here is what  his email says--I have a copy:

There is indeed both an American and a CV flag. The copy reads:

Take Wareham Back from the Haters

Cape Verdeans for Free Speech in Wareham object to our public schools being used to discriminate against our community! Because many of us have a different view on the town's future we will be prevented from attending a community meeting at the middle school! This is wrong! Let every voice be heard! We must never be silenced again! Please join us!

#10 2009-07-30 16:38:42

Molly

Funny how the same exact statement and same two flag graphic you all say is being e-mailed around town by Mr Moderator is also up on the bottom of the rag website.

So who's really behind this protest?  Surely not white dudes that have a lot to lose if their select-buddies are given the heave-ho in the next election.  No, say it 'aint so.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-30 16:40:17)

#11 2009-07-30 16:49:24

Well Ham, as you know, I won't look at the rag. But why am I not surprised.

Ragboy started this with a LIE and now he is promoting racial discord amongst the good people of our town.

And he has the audacity to call himself a journalist. No journalist that I know would create the news in this way. And no real journalist would have an ounce of respect for anyone who did so.

#12 2009-07-30 17:06:55

I had a communication with the S-T yesterday they do not consider Slager or Observer media to be a credible news agency and will not respond to him to recognize his dillusions.

I'm sorry to Molly I peaked on line the funny part is that in almost all free stories he states that Observer sent emails to folks and they did not return them.

Nobody takes him seriously any more

#13 2009-07-30 17:14:04

Outraged: the only word to describe the feeling i got when learning about Donahues actions..this is an all-time low, even for him..

#14 2009-07-30 17:28:06

SLAGER IS A LIAR, NO ONE BUT SLAGER HAS SAID CAPE VERDEANS ARE NOT ALLOWED AT THIS MEETING. THE CV COMMUNITY SHOULD BE OUTRAGED BY THIS AND SHOULD BOYCOT SLAGER'S PAPER AND ADVERTISERS!

#15 2009-07-30 21:39:51

Molly wrote:

Cape Verdeans for Free Speech in Wareham object to our public schools being used to discriminate against our community! Because many of us have a different view on the town's future we will be prevented from attending a community meeting at the middle school! This is wrong! Let every voice be heard! We must never be silenced again! Please join us!

What a poor attempt at racial baiting. Instead, I didn't see a protest? What I saw was an auditorium full of people wanting change. It's a good start.

#16 2009-07-30 21:47:24

YOU DID NOT SEE A PROTEST. THE THING YOU DID SEE HOWEVER WAS A CAPE VERDEAN WOMAN GIVING SLAGER AN EARFUL REGARDING HIS SHAMEFUL RACEBAITING AT THE END OF THE MEETING. GOOD FOR HER

#17 2009-07-30 21:52:56

If one thing came out of the meeting, it was that there are more people interested in change than the BOS or Slager thought. it will only grow from here. Any comments on how the BOS will respond or will it be the same old BS?

#18 2009-07-30 23:38:53

Hamatron5000 wrote:

I didn't know that Bobo or Mr. Moderator (two white dudes) were elected spokesmen of the Cape Verdean people.  Too bad they don't see Cape Verdeans as human beings, they only see them as political poker chips to throw down when all other attempts to squash BOS dissent fail.

I think they will find out in the next town election that this race baiting is pathetic and no longer going to be tolerated.

What the selectmen must be hiding for their supporters to stoop so low must be earth shattering.

I am so angry.  These men are trying to make race an issue in this town. We are not back in the days of segregation, thank God.  I must be blind, but I work with people, am friends with people and invite people to my home.  Some of these people are of Cape Verdean heritage.  I don't even notice it, I honestly don't see any differance between them and me because we are all just people who enjoy each others company.  How dare anyone try to divide my community, my Wareham by lying.  Do not speak for the Cape Verdean people.  That liar, Slager, needs to be removed from our town. NOW!  John Donahue - you can go with him, along with the entire (except Mr. Cruz) BOS, and the ITA.  Marion ran you out of their town, Slager, when you tried to incite problems regarding their EMS.  The MAN upstairs doesn't sleep and he's watching over our beautiful town of Wareham and I'd say he's pretty mad right now.  Your day will be here soon, I'm sure.

#19 2009-07-30 23:47:51

Molly wrote:

There is indeed both an American and a CV flag. The copy reads:

Take Wareham Back from the Haters

Who are the members of "Cape Verdeans for Free Speech in Wareham"?  I have never heard of such a group. The "Many of Us" that have been asked not to attend a community meeting are really only a handfull of people. The BOS, the ITA, the town moderator and Slager.  Please, if anyone knows who any members of this group are, I would love to talk to them.  Only a slimey snake in the grass would slip discrimination by race into his own agenda.

#20 2009-07-30 23:50:27

IHATESLAGER wrote:

YOU DID NOT SEE A PROTEST. THE THING YOU DID SEE HOWEVER WAS A CAPE VERDEAN WOMAN GIVING SLAGER AN EARFUL REGARDING HIS SHAMEFUL RACEBAITING AT THE END OF THE MEETING. GOOD FOR HER

Did you get her name? I would love to thank her.  She's a hero!!!!

#21 2009-07-30 23:55:17

Briefly spoke w/ Mr. Cruz tonight, seemed nice enough. The rest, I support the idea presented for a recall that would have the other 4 up and out in April. Meeting was good. It was great to meet you LM, and your wife. I hope some light was shone on the spinmasters for their devious motives and reprehensible behavior.

#22 2009-07-31 05:35:37

I DIDNT GET HER NAME, HOWEVER SHE IS PICTURED IN BILLW PHOTOS TURNING AROUND AND YELLING AT HIM DURING THE MEETING AS WELL AS AFTER. KUDOS!

#23 2009-07-31 06:48:50

Just wanted to thank you all lfor calling these scum bags on their race baiting and for the slamming of slager last night. I was so proud to be a part of  it. You are my heroes guys. And a special thanks to Steve Holmes. You go Steve.

Now, the next step is to BOYCOTT THE RAG TOTALLY! We are halfway there in getting this guy and his lies and his racial divide out of town. Let's work together to get this done.

#24 2009-07-31 07:25:31

DONT SHOP AT A STORE WHO ADVERTISES IN THE RAG , OR SEELS THE RAG  , AND DONT BUY  ONE , PUT THIS SCUMBAG OUT OF BUSSINESS.

#25 2009-07-31 07:44:04

BROCKTON BRENDA WAS OVERHEARD BY AN ATTENDEE OF THE MEETING WHEN HOLMES WAS CRITICIZING THE RAG SHE KEPT YELLING,  "DONT READ IT THEN, DONT READ IT THEN" I WISH BRENDA HAD LISTENDED TO HER OWN ADVICE WHEN THEY DECIDED TO DO A TOWN WIDE COMPUTER AUDIT IN UPWARDS OF 51,000 +++DOLLARS TO SEE WHO WAS BLOGGING ON THIS SITE. ALL SHE HAD TO DO WAS TAKE HER OWN ADVICE AND DONT READ IT IF SHE CHOOSES. THATS MY TAX MONEY YOUR SPENDING!

#26 2009-07-31 07:48:57

I Have A Feeling After Last Night He Might Have Put Himself Out Of Business. Judging By What I Witnessed He Has No Real Support. If They Were There, They Certainly Didn't Stand Up For Him (including The Bos). Now He Is Seen For The Pot Stirring Trouble Maker That He Is.

#27 2009-07-31 08:23:41

warehammom wrote:

I Have A Feeling After Last Night He Might Have Put Himself Out Of Business. Judging By What I Witnessed He Has No Real Support. If They Were There, They Certainly Didn't Stand Up For Him (including The Bos). Now He Is Seen For The Pot Stirring Trouble Maker That He Is.

Yes, if last night taught us anything, Bobo has zero support beyond the BOS and their cronies.  And the cronies are believed to be... pezewick, gaines, camoroy, and John Donahue.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com