#1 2009-07-30 21:33:51

Just attended the citizen's meeeting hosted by Bob Brady. I thought he did a great job! After leaving,  I came up with a slight compromise to the idea of a recall of four out of the five present selectmen. I believe Bruce Savuvageau and John Cronan will be up for reelection in the spring.  How about if we get a recall petition going for Brenda Eckstrom and Jane Donahue and have it put on that same ballot. The hopeful result would be a new BOS without the cost of a special election and it would be one clean sweep. Someone enlighten me if I am misinformed on something. But I'm hoping this would be a much more  cost effective and less divisive way to clean house of the present board. Oh, and we can add John Donahue to the list. Same election, no extra cost and much needed change for the town of Wareham!

#2 2009-07-30 22:01:38

GWB

Sounds like a great idea to me. Someone should find out for sure if that could be done.

#3 2009-07-30 23:06:35

nittygritty wrote:

How about if we get a recall petition going for Brenda Eckstrom and Jane Donahue and have it put on that same ballot. The hopeful result would be a new BOS without the cost of a special election and it would be one clean sweep. Someone enlighten me if I am misinformed on something. But I'm hoping this would be a much more  cost effective and less divisive way to clean house of the present board. Oh, and we can add John Donahue to the list. Same election, no extra cost and much needed change for the town of Wareham!

I agree!  One thing that was brought up at tonight's meeting is the litigation driven agenda of 4 of our 5 BOS.  Simply put, we can't afford to keep any "litigation addled" incubents on the BOS.  The financially prudent thing to do is to recall Brenda & Jane.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com