#1 2009-07-30 19:30:25

Personally I do not have a problem speaking my mind in front of anyone, but I understand some do. The issue here is much greater than that and I wonder if the BOS and Slager understand the precedent they just set.
When a private citizen PAYS to rent a facility they are responsible for that facility and have control over who enters and who doesn't.
Now, here are some questions raised by their actions, when the Girl Scouts meet can anyone attend? What if that person is a registered sex offender but pays taxes in Wareham?
If someone's ex-spouse has their wedding in the school (believe it or not it happens) can the other spouse crash the party?
The problem is now that when the police did not remove the guests who Mr. Brady asked to be removed (for whatever reasons I do not know) a precedent was set. Now how does any group or private citizen get an unwanted individual removed from this facility? And how does the school justify charging a fee when the renter does not truley have control over the venue?
Unfortunately I could not sit in the seats, after taking a bad fall down my back steps this weekend, the injuries proved too painful to stay long and I am looking forward to hearing what transpired after I left.
I do however have grave concerns over the schools ability to charge a fee for rent to anyone and then deny the renter the ability to control their own forum. I believe Mr. Brady is due a refund of his $300.00.

#2 2009-07-30 19:38:33

GWB

haw many looked as though they were in agreement with Brady and the spirit of the meeting. And haw many were there with the protest crowd?

#3 2009-07-30 19:39:06

GWB

i meant how. Darn spell check.

#4 2009-07-30 19:40:24

GWB

I could not get a sitter. I also think many may have stayed away due to the spectactacle that it was turned into.

#5 2009-07-30 19:45:07

It was hard to tell, Marcia Griswald came in and seemed to have a group there, maybe half and half. Lots of faces I did not recognize, but that doesn't mean they are BOS supporters! There was no formal protest, I saw John D and Cruz outside and then I saw John D and Jane inside (even had a little conversation with Jane). They were not sitting together, but spread out.
Bob asked if anyone felt intimidated no one raised their hands, like they would!
Frank DeFelice made a motion and there was talk of not letting any opposition speak, but I stood up and said that wasn't fair, because it isn't and that the meeting should be rescheduled. They went forward and I am following it on Twitter.

#6 2009-07-30 19:49:45

I have to admit I didn't want to go in and be a part of a spectacle. I just want to see some change in a positive direction, specifically I want to see vacancies filled with strong candidates, fiscal restraint when it comes to litigation, a community round table to produce viable ideas for getting beyond this fiscal crisis, true listening and action when it comes to complaints such as the ones about Crime Watch, and real open dialogue.
I do not support a recall for a number of reasons and I will not run in a recall. I may never run again, that decision is a long way off! But I am tired of all of the negative press we get when what we need is strong industry, tourism, and a plan for the future!

#7 2009-07-30 20:21:01

Cara
I have to admit that I am not there due to intimidation. My Co. has to deal with this group of incompetents on a regularly basis. We work in many communities across the state and while not everything runs smoothly everywhere I have never experienced the likes of Wareham. We are in the process of considering moving out. That is not good news for the new Economic Development Director. I have not yet met him but have not got good reports to date. He is new and I will give him the benefit as I have not yet met him.
I am following on Twitter as well and hope this turns into something  postitive. Slager most go. If the BOS does not see that they should go also.
I thank you for your commitment to Warham even though I can't vote for you. Move to my town and you have my vote.

#8 2009-07-30 20:43:07

1. Just watched eckstrom blatantly dismiss a citizen trying to converse with her6 minutes ago from txt
      Attendance prob peaked around 2008 minutes ago from txt
      Again brady not behind recall. Going to read a statement from those who do want a recall, though12 minutes ago from txt
      Also no acknowledgement from slager on call for apology14 minutes ago from txt
      Swifts beach - 2 mil so BS and fam can have beachfront property. Must be nice15 minutes ago from txt
      Reference to very positive chronicle story about wareham. "Sounds like someplace I'd like to live..."24 minutes ago from txt
      Surprised at no mention of computer audit yet32 minutes ago from txt
      Tim mahoney says town employees scared to come to this mtg for fear of retribution34 minutes ago from txt
      Witness of coleman incident calls out slager for insinuating she lied bc her husband works at police station38 minutes ago from txt
      Defeliz accuses observer of being against anybody who opposes the bos. Says slager is the problem with wareham40 minutes ago from txt
      Fincom member on stage confirming the fincom not getting necessary info, has threatened FOIA requests to get necessary details43 minutes ago from txt
      St pierre talking about control via appointing cmmteabout 1 hour ago from txt
      Brady calls media rep of wareham "pathetic", and tells slager to print itabout 1 hour ago from txt
      Standing ovation for holmes calling on slager to apologize for race baitingabout 1 hour ago from txt
      Holmes commenting about slager contradicting bos about not paying or being liable for crimewatchabout 1 hour ago from txt
      Public comments startingabout 1 hour ago from txt
      First mention of recall is at bottom of "what's next" slide, BELOW planning for april electionsabout 1 hour ago from txt
      Video of savageau saying "sue the town", then the entire board denying it 1 week later. You have to laugh bc the other option is to cryabout 1 hour ago from txt
      Brady being careful to add "in my opinion" to many of his statements. Very curious how slager will spin thatabout 1 hour ago from txt
      Brady states emphatically that he does not want a recall and does not want to be on bos. Recognizes recall will be divisiveabout 1 hour ago from txt

more# About 40 ppl hanging out after mtgless than a minute ago from txt
#
Slager just claimed he does not know BS personally and has not been to his house1 minute ago from txt

Last edited by onset ma (2009-07-30 20:48:06)

#9 2009-07-30 20:44:16

# Brady explaining why the charter review committee process was peeformed improperlyabout 1 hour ago from txt
#
Presentation could be a bit more organized, but brady getting his point acrossabout 1 hour ago from txt
#
Some a/v difficulties...getting the audio but no video on screenabout 1 hour ago from txt
#
Per brady, state DOR involvement in finances removes options for town in the future. Fincom doesn't know last years results yet, 30 day ...about 2 hours ago from txt
#
Looks like 764k in excess legal costs over the past three years...ouchabout 2 hours ago from txt
#
Brady sharing insulting comments from bruce savageau (bs from now on)about 2 hours ago from txt
#
New town planner worked 1 day, then left to work in walpoleabout 2 hours ago from txt
#
Topic 1. Civility and respectabout 2 hours ago from txt
#
Savageau making 2-finger peace signs at his friends...wth?about 2 hours ago from txt
#
Meeting now really underway, bos/slager refuse to leave. S-t and courier welcomed in out of media fairnessabout 2 hours ago from txt
#
Invitation was for ppl who are unhappy with leadership. Apparently bos and slager are unhappy. Why else would they be here?about 2 hours ago from txt
#
Police not going to forcibly remove bos/slager, so as to avoid the spectacle that will be created, and they likely wantabout 2 hours ago from txt
#
Have to respect sanguinet for having the courtesy to leave, as opposed to the bos, moderator, and slagerabout 2 hours ago from txt
#
Prob about 100 ppl here, including those that aren't welcomeabout 2 hours ago from txt
#
Police were here, but not in the room currently. Meeting on hold until slager, bos, and moderator removedabout 2 hours ago from txt
#
Bos arrogance in not leaving "just another example of why we're here" according to a residentabout 2 hours ago from txt
#
Bos members asked by attendees to "do the right thing and leave us alone" but refuseabout 2 hours ago from txt
#
Bos and press asked to leave, but are not moving. Note that urbon left voluntarily before mtg started. Police being calledabout 2 hours ago from txt
#
Brady calling mtg to order, states no press allowed to avoid intimidationabout 2 hours ago from txt
#
Sanguinet was here, but was being removed as I arrivedabout 2 hours ago from txt

#10 2009-07-30 20:45:05

# Slager, savageau, and other selectmen are here. Not sure for how long.about 2 hours ago from txt
#
Looks like about 60-70 ppl so farabout 2 hours ago from txt
#
Read rumors of a protest, none visibleabout 2 hours ago from txt
#
Just pulled in, looks like a pretty good turnout alreadyabout 2 hours ago from txt
#
Donahue/Slager turning tonight's meeting into a race issue. That's a bit....ridiculousabout 3 hours ago from web
#
Still working out the glitches with sms tweets. Hope to have it all set for bbrady mtg tonightabout 8 hours ago from txt
#
Coleman being discussed on 96.9 WTKK - will be interesting to see if one of these stories finally gets some state-wide legsabout 10 hours ago from web
#
Coleman story makes the Globe, and not as a reprint of something from the S-T: http://is.gd/1Ulwrabout 12 hours ago from web
#
Would there be *any* controversy about this meeting tomorrow if Slager didn't write about it?about 23 hours ago from web
#
ihateslager, btw your caps are on. (warehamobserver.com msg boards)12:41 PM Jul 29th from web
#
Testing sms tweets in preparation for bbradys mtg tomorrow7:34 AM Jul 29th from txt
#
Assuming I'm allowed in, will be livetweeting from the mtg tomorrow night7:29 AM Jul 29th from web
#
Slager, please add permalinks and update notifications to your stories so we can link to them. Thx6:55 AM Jul 29th from web
#
people relax-its just a mtg. not like they're giving out puppies wrapped in $100 bills...5:54 AM Jul 29th from web
#
Interested to see how many ppl show at bbrady's mtg. I put over/under at 308:29 PM Jul 28th from web
#
Does a truly neutral media outlet exist in the world today? Def not in Wareham, not sure anywhere else. S-T, Obs, blogs, Courier all biased1:27 PM Jul 28th from web
#
Interesting that Slager noted the update to his article. He usually just changes the text w/out notice12:07 PM Jul 28th from web
#
Update: BoS staging mtg at same time as Brady. Does this mean media will be allowed? (Source: thewarhamobs)12:01 PM Jul 28th from web
#
The battle for Wareham has entered the twitterverse! Follow me for realtime updates on the BoS, blogs, and newspaper(s)12:00 PM Jul 28th from web

#11 2009-07-30 20:48:18

thank you Onsetman not all know how to twitter.

#12 2009-07-30 20:52:04

TakeBackWareham

Just watched BS smile and wave at slager in parking lot1 minute ago from txt
      BS thanked brady on way out door. Didn't seem sarcastic

#13 2009-07-30 21:07:10

Slager exits parking lot against one way sign, going right past BS. Doubtful that's a coincidence

#14 2009-07-30 21:24:22

A couple of points from the meeting. I didn't see a group of protesters, not sure where they were.

Mr. Sauvageau was rude to one of the speakers after the meeting, telling her he didn't give a shit what she had to say. Nothing changes.

I apologize. I had a long speech prepared, but I looked out into the audience and there was Slager. About 2 minutes into my speech, all I could think of was how much i wanted to curse him for all the damage he caused to this town with his twisted truths.

Steve Holmes is my hero and I told him so after the meeting. Bob Brady is to be commended for getting this grassroots effort off and running.

Mr. Cruz was very friendly and receptive.

I look forward to more meetings and taking wareham back for ALL people!

#15 2009-07-30 21:41:55

A great meeting, thank you Mr Brady, you are a true hero for standing up to these scumbags.  Too bad we had to look at Bobo's ugly head, maybe if he can't be tossed out of future meetings, can we at least require that he wear a paper bag so we don't all feel the need to vomit throughout the meeting?

What happened to the big huge protest?   Sounds like it was just 2 white guys using Cape Verdeans as political poker chips to protect their BOS buddies all along.  Pathetic and embarrassing...for them.  They should resign because they do not belong in positions of public trust.

Thank you Mr. Holmes, he does owe an apology.

#16 2009-07-30 21:45:12

Ham,
I am so disappointed! I wanted to meet you! Maybe next meeting! Hurry up with the T-shirts

#17 2009-07-30 21:49:03

DID ANYONE HEAR ECKSTROM SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS WHEN SHE ENTERED THE ROOM. WHAT A PYSCHO!

#18 2009-07-30 21:56:01

This is my first time posting.  I went to the meeting tonight.  I'm absolutely sickened by the agenda that these selectmen and the Donahue machine has.  IMO, 4 of these selectmen have to go, so I disagree with Bob Brady on this point, there HAS to be a recall of the ones not up for reelection in April.  There has to be, as that's the only way to derail these personal agendas.  I thought during the meeting, that maybe the rest of the board should pressure Bruce to give up the chairmanship.  But who would take over as chair that wouldn't pursue the same agenda?

One thought I had at the meeting, I loved the brief snipits of BOS meetings that illustrate so clearly what our issues are.  Is there any way we can get more of those snippits, like Mr Moderator forging ahead with his "agenda" when there hasn't even been a formal motion at town meeting.  If that doesn't scream "agenda", I don't know what does.

We have to get more irreputable evidence of the lack of professionalism of the current BOS.  Nothing makes our case like their very own words and actions.  To that I say "Jesus".

#19 2009-07-30 22:01:56

Speaking about agendas, my jaw dropped when that lady talked about the road that town meeting accepted, but that the ITA neglected to file the land taking paperwork with the Registry of Deeds in a timely manner.  Make no mistake about it, this was deliberate.  This was done according to the script of a predisposed agenda.  F-ing incredible.  I don't blame her for being so pissed that she contacted the AG.

#20 2009-07-30 22:02:29

YES I HEARD BROCTON BRENDA SCREAM AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS MR WHEELER KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME ( DICK WHEELER ABOUT 80 YEARS OLD) , WOW IS SHE A PHYSCO.     THESE SELECTMAN HAVE NO DIGNITY.                                 I SUGGEST THE NEXT MEETING BE HELD AT THE MOVIE THEATER.    THEY RENT OUT THEATERS.

#21 2009-07-30 22:05:43

128Commuter wrote:

Speaking about agendas, my jaw dropped when that lady talked about the road that town meeting accepted, but that the ITA neglected to file the land taking paperws work with the Registry of Deeds in a timely manner.  Make no mistake about it, this was deliberate.  This was done according to the script of a predisposed agenda.  F-ing incredible.  I don't blame her for being so pissed that she contacted the AG.

That same lady tried to speak to Bruce Sauvageau outside after the meeting and he told her, "I don't give a shit". It's clear this man is telling the truth. He doesn't care about anything we have to say. April cannot come soon enough!

#22 2009-07-30 22:07:46

There is always the Elks. The rent it out for private parties and have plenty of parking. They use it a district polling place. Just a suggestion.

#23 2009-07-30 22:21:36

Anyone have more information on the Wildland's Trust being poised to take over the town land at Sweet Brucie's now expansive sweeping panorama?  First time that I've heard that the Wildland's trust was to be Sweet Brucie's good neighbor.  How does this land get conveyed to the Wildland's Trust, so we'll know how to stop it?

On a related matter, I was somewhat shocked about the registered letters to convey expansive Swift's Beach front land to the town, free of charge, never made it on the public record.  You would think at the very least, it would have been brought up at a BOS meeting, rather than immediately forwarded to the town's attorney, due to the ongoing legal action.  I see this as another form of control and the relentless pursuit of an agenda.  If the townspeople knew they were going to get such a nice chunk of beachfront, then there might have been pressure on the BOS to settle.  "Settling" wasn't on the agenda.  A nice sweeping parorama for a select few was the ultimate goal. 

7 certified letters were ignored - not one made it in the public record.  Incredible.  The BOS didn't want to send the message that the other side in the Swift's Beach Debacle was trying to be reasonable.  Why, being reasonable was never part of the agenda.

#24 2009-07-30 22:32:17

I was very pleased that they let Slager stay because I got some things off my cheast that I really needed to say to his face even though he was writing in his hand dandy note book the entire two minutes I was speaking. Then, once knowing who I am began glaring at me for the rest of the meeting. Thank you Bob (the moderator of the meeting) for getting together people who need to see a change in Wareham. Well now I have to go and find my fictional son. Haha thanks Slager for informing me of that birth I missed

#25 2009-07-30 22:37:27

I was a bit overwhelmed by the meeting tonight.  I guess it's in part that our Chairman of the BOS has so evidently violated the (proper) oath of his office yet does not have to explain himself.   I want answers!!!!!   Also, did anyone notice Slager slouching in his seat as if to hide especially when Mr. Holmes called him out on the race issue.  I will be so interested in how he turns this one around in his FAKE observer and IF he apologizes to ALL of Wareham residents.  As well, the Wareham PD has now justified anyone interrupting any meeting whether paid for by a private resident or not.  Does this mean we can all go make crafts with the Girl Scouts?

#26 2009-07-30 22:40:34

brocton brenda ,get your hands off of me, she is  so full of shit and a fat slimey pig.

#27 2009-07-30 22:40:39

larry: yes the Elks and/or other venues in the Town, even restaurants, many of which have meeting rooms.

But, from the preliminary reviews, it appears that the purpose was served, the BoS was apprised of opposing opinions, and the PR flack for the BoS heard from the real world regarding his ongoing perfidy. And a BIG PLUS: the moderator was made to look like the miscreant he truly is.

You cannot believe how I longed to be there, however, a family situation took away that option. So, I look forward to the postings of the real people who managed to send a message by their mere presence.

And, it will be fascinating to see how the "real" journalists report this scene.
No doubt the pseudo-journalist (who could it be, now) is stirring the pot. How did Shakespeare set it?: eye of newt, etc.

#28 2009-07-30 22:42:34

the next meeting has to be at a private placenext time and i agrre that jane and brocton brenda have to be raecalled at the same time those other  ass holes are up for relection

#29 2009-07-30 22:51:19

OK one more.  Maple Springs Road.  Now why in the world wouldn't you accept free road work from the entities that are heavily using that road.  Anyone with with any common sense (Meaning no predisposed agenda), would say if you want to fix that road for free - go for it.  How can you screw it up any worse than it is now.  Anyone with common sense would see such a gesture as a noble move by the folks that are heavily using that road.  They know that they're causing heavy wear and tear on the road and they want to make things right.  Why I bet spreading calcium for regular dust control could be part of the gentlemen's agreement.  But one party to this, our BOS, are far from being gentlemen.  They, and their supporters have an agenda regarding Maple Springs Road.

Now just think if Mr Tucy and AD Makepeace had been allowed to fix up the road.  Trucks would be gliding relatively silently and cleanly past the houses rather than  banging over huge potholes with dust wafting through the air.  It just doesn't make any sense to me.  How could that free road work not done anything but help this situation?  Unless of course the desired outcome is no trucks, hence no banging, hence no dust.  Kind of a pompous position to take, don't you agree, when one buys a house on a major access road to active cranberry bogs.  One thing this BOS and their supporters are, and that is pompous.

Since we're on a renaming road kick, let's rename Maple Spings Road, "Pompous Place" .  That ought to be good for a few more lawsuits.

#30 2009-07-30 22:56:06

128Commuter wrote:

like Mr Moderator forging ahead with his "agenda" when there hasn't even been a formal motion at town meeting.  If that doesn't scream "agenda", I don't know what does.

We have to get more irreputable evidence of the lack of professionalism of the current BOS.  Nothing makes our case like their very own words and actions.  To that I say "Jesus".

I missed tonight's meeting.  I had to work. 
That was not the only incident where the moderator would not allow BB to speak.  I think it was last town meeting, BB was at the mike and moderator kept telling him he wasn't allowed to speak for one reason or another.  This went back and forth for quite awhile until a vote was taken, but moderator never allowed bb to speak.

#31 2009-07-30 23:01:00

I have to say, the call for an apology from Slager was one of the more moving things I've seen in a long time.  Bravo to Mr. Holmes for calling him out like he did.  That was something that needed to be done, and it alone made up for Slager staying when he was unwelcome.  Slager didn't acknowledge the need for an apology at all in the meeting, here's hoping he finally does the right thing and apologizes on his site tomorrow

#32 2009-07-30 23:14:10

Whatever Bobo and the BOS hoped to accomplished tonight by going backfired.  They ended up looking like total fools and in a way, maybe we should be glad they did go.  Bobo likes to be the big man hiding behind the pen, but doesn't like checking into reality all that much. 

I heard that a well respected Cape Verdean woman gave Bobo an earful over the racebaiting.

Bobo, why don't you just look yourself in the mirror, admit to yourself that you have wasted the last 4 years of your life, and worse, you have wasted the last 4 years of the town of Wareham's life, and go find something productive to do. 

All this ranting about a major Cape Verdean protest and discrimination so bad the ACLU was looking into it, and in the end, the only two people talking about it were 2 lame white guys desperately trying to cling to whatever little power they have left.

Thank you Liz Hater, I heard the Brockton Broad screech like a hoot owl, but didn't hear what she said.  Why are these nutjobs so afraid of an 80 year old kayak paddler?

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-30 23:21:42)

#33 2009-07-30 23:20:20

I say meet at the Gateway Tavern next time.  Call it "Bitching about Bobo and Brucey with Beers and Buffalo Wings."

Or wherever, but we should avoid this unpleasantness by meeting on private property.  Remember, Bobo has already written that if this meeting had been on private property, he wouldn't have had an issue, so we can just whip that out if he opens his yap to whine next time.

#34 2009-07-30 23:25:09

It`s a shame the police dept didn`t have the guts to make them leave, they were uninvited and think they can do anything they want to in wareham, they should be recalled the sooner the better

#35 2009-07-30 23:26:56

Check out his jeers.  He knows how to put th spin on anything.

#36 2009-07-30 23:28:24

I wouldn't blame the cops, any cop who removed them would be smeared unmercifully.  This crew has no problem with retaliation.

#37 2009-07-30 23:44:31

hey Ham: you forgot to add Bullshit dissection for your meeting at the Gateway, just to extend the alliteration.

While Bobo rails about the meeting being in a public building, we should take note of a meeting in Washington, where the 'boys' got together for a few beers. Last time I checked, the white House was a public building. But, the press was EXCLUDED from the chat among the Pres & VP, along with Prof. Gates & Sgt. Crowley. Why, where is the national outcry?  There is more noise in Wareham over Mr. Brady's  meeting than in all 50 states over the White House beerfest (and it ain't even October).

It seems that Mr. Brady is due for a high five, at the least. Good Job, tough conditions, points well made. What more can you ask for at this point.

#38 2009-07-30 23:45:14

in that case, when you have rotten apples mixed with good ones you remove the rotten apples, and save the good ones, recall the bad selectmen they don`t deserve to be represting the good people of wareham and keep the good ones

#39 2009-07-31 00:34:47

ihateliz wrote:

YES I HEARD BROCTON BRENDA SCREAM AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS MR WHEELER KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME ( DICK WHEELER ABOUT 80 YEARS OLD) , WOW IS SHE A PHYSCO.     THESE SELECTMAN HAVE NO DIGNITY.                                 I SUGGEST THE NEXT MEETING BE HELD AT THE MOVIE THEATER.    THEY RENT OUT THEATERS.

When I heard a little static about the meeting being held in the school and even though it was privately hired, unwanted persons insisted they could attend, I hoped Mr. Brady would have then chosen the Onset VFW.  It is  a beautiful building, probably would have been cheaper and unwanted persons could be physically removed by police.  I wish I had mentioned that, now.  Then the email and notice from the representative of the Cape Verdeans for Free Speach (John Donahue), would probably not have been invented.  I wonder what underhanded scheme he would have come up with?  Maybe his new organization would be that Mr. Brady was discriminating against Scotch, Irish, English, Polish, Swiss, Oriental, German, French - okay, you got the message, because the VFW in Onset is in a predominately Cape Verdean neighborhood.

#40 2009-07-31 00:47:18

TBL

A suggestion for any future meetings. Rent a place out of town just over the border where the police will not be afraid of retaliation or smearing for making an arrest for tresspassing. Maybe at that veteran center in downtown Bourne. Out of town police will have no reason to be afraid to arrest Wareham selectmen.

#41 2009-07-31 01:02:52

Hamatron5000 wrote:

I wouldn't blame the cops, any cop who removed them would be smeared unmercifully.  This crew has no problem with retaliation.

Yes, and considering the fact that they have hired a new police chief from Andover or N. Andover who will only be able to work a certain amount of hours a week and then back home to work on his own police dept. for how ever many days he has to and then repeat, repeat, repeat.    Does any part of this make sense to anyone?  I thought a Chief of Police was on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week.  If we have an emergency that calls for the chief, how many hours before he gets here?  Is acting Chief Wallace going to be "chief" on his days off?  Chief Wallace is being made to pay for the past sins of other politicians and personnel.  I'll bet this NEW chief is only here a short time before they slide in their pet, with no education.  This is such a disservice to a man who has dedicated his adult life to the Town of Wareham Police Department.  His knowledge of the town and it's people and his education, with a law degree no less, is being eliminated from applying for the Chief's position.  Like him or not - he is the most qualified and dedicated person for the job.  AGAIN, WAREHAM VOTERS - THE BOARD OF UNSELECTMEN ARE DUMPING THE SEWER TRUCK ON US.  What is it that the Barboza Cesspool truck says on it?  Something like - Caution this truck is filled with political promises.

#42 2009-07-31 08:01:10

128Commuter wrote:

Since we're on a renaming road kick, let's rename Maple Spings Road, "Pompous Place" .  That ought to be good for a few more lawsuits.

We can't do that. This is a place where 90% of the people aren't causing the ruckus. There are several issues with this road, but the main focus seems to be Ms. Bindas. I am sure she isn't alone, but it's a very small group. They have managed to create this fiasco because they threw support behind the Selectmen and their campaigns. This why she is allowed to bring up issues that have been settled and use the Selectmen and ITA to further their actions. This is why we need new Selectmen. Someone just needs to stand up and say ENOUGH.

#43 2009-07-31 08:14:27

Isn't it funny how Slager took the focus of the meeting off the good citizens (of all races) and put squarely on the Selectmen and himself? What a poor excuse for a journalist. I now join the other good people in boycotting the Wareham Observer and their advertisers. This man has caused so much pain and damage to the town.

What Slager didn't know was that Mr. Brady had reached out EARLIER to the cape verdean community and their leaders. The protest didn't materialize and while you were allowed to attend, you are not a citizen of Wareham and not a spokesperson for ANYONE but the Selectmen. You are a sad excuse for a journalist and an even sadder excuse for a human being.

That sucking sound you here is your subsribers and advertisers moving to REAL newspapers.

#44 2009-07-31 08:14:53

Trikeman wrote:

It`s a shame the police dept didn`t have the guts to make them leave, they were uninvited and think they can do anything they want to in wareham, they should be recalled the sooner the better

As much as we all wanted the Police to drag them out, I think they made the right call.  Despite being uninvited guests, they were not creating a disturbance.

In addition, if they did take them out, that's EXACTLY what the Board would have wanted.  And they would have milked that situation for all it was worth.  Bobo the race baiter too.

#45 2009-07-31 08:37:14

I would like to thank Bob Brady for organizing, leading and conducting a very constructive meeting last night, giving many of us a chance to speak out about our government and it's leaders. I look forward to working with Bob to continue to educate our community on the actions of our leadership.

We all can continue to have a conversation about our community and take the high road as Bob did last night, by allowing the meeting to go forward. Our current leaders needed to hear the comments of the citizens, so this morning a fresh start, let's see if they really heard what we had to say. Each one of those leaders have been given a second chance to listen to the citizens, we will soon see if they will.

I really enjoy my Searay240 so I will continue to post under that name but have added a signature.

Thanks again Bob, give me a call, I will be more than happy to organize the group here in Onset.

Best of luck to us all.

Steve

#46 2009-07-31 08:48:09

searay240 wrote:

Each one of those leaders have been given a second chance to listen to the citizens, we will soon see if they will.

sadly no after the meeting a resident asked bruce what he thought about what she spoke about he said "I DONT GIVE A SHIT"

jane was told about bruces response and she said "hes had a long week"

#47 2009-07-31 09:15:43

The Police and Bob Brady did exactly the right thing by not arresting or removing the BOS.
My question is: why did the whole BOS show up at this meeting, and for what purpose?
Did they meet out of the sunshine to decide to attend?
All 5 of them agreed?
For what?
To hear citizens complain? All they have to do is honor their own rules allowing public comment at their meetings.
Did they think they were going to intimidate anyone?
Who?
Why would anyone elected to office want to attend a meeting that is going to slam them unless they knew they had the opportunity to debate or respond?
I give the BOS credit for remaining quiet and not attempting to interfere.
I question their motives for attending as a group.
I hope they didn't speak to each other after the meeting.
I can only assume that you will be seeing the entire BOS at any meetings that you call for any reason for the next several months., i.e., Girl Scout rallies, VFW, American Legion, flower clubs, fishing classes, etc.
It is obvious that the "spin" will not out due the good of your meeting last night.
Congratulations!

#48 2009-07-31 11:20:17

Good morning to all you good people and thank you for taking time out
of your busy lives to be a part a new energy here in Wareham.  Also thanks
for the many kind words and thanks for all your input last night. 
Going forward, my objectve is to engage more of our citizens with a deliberate effort to put a positive face on our town.  We all have witnessed that The Wareham Observer and the leadership are not capable or refuse to do the same therefore its up to us.  If that means replacing them in April, then so be it.
They did their best to disrupt the meeting and clearly influenced attendance by playing the racism card and intimidating.  I think the good people of Wareham can see through that nonsense.  John Donahue should be truely ashamed of himself for forwarding that discrimination propaganda.  Brenda
Eckstom's outburst at the door was absolutely appalling (sound bite to follow), and the chairman of the Board should resign immediately.  But he won't because he still doesn't get it.
As to the police response, they did the right thing considering the circumstance.  I wasn't any more pleased than most of you, but in looking back it was for the best.  Our leaders wanted to provoke a situation together with their mouthpiece to further discredit our public safety.  I'm glad cooler heads prevailed.  My hat is off to them.
I'm taking the weekend off and you all should do the same. 
Like I keep saying, ignore Mr. Slager and he will have to go away.  Its long overdue.
Bob

#49 2009-07-31 11:24:06

Bob,
You are right. It's time to ignore Slager and his propaganda sheet. I will refrain from reading his tripe. Thank you again for being the catalyst for change.

#50 2009-07-31 11:53:30

Thanks Bob and Larry for joining the boycott club. The reader/advertiser boycott is going to work completely this time, I just know it. The tide has turned in our little coastal town. Hooray!

Bob, you deserve some down time. Enjoy the weekend, but please don't forget us.

#51 2009-07-31 12:06:33

Slager and company certainly set a dangerous precedent last night, and for what, to prove they can? How silly and immature, real leadership skills bozo's!
I don't care if it is now or later they all need to go (all 5 of them). Why didn't Cruz stand up and de-cry the race baiting? I'll tell you why, because he was outside talking to Johnny Boy, getting schooled in how to not piss off the mouthpiece. When I saw that I immediately walked back to my car and left. So, yes, you did lose a few (I wasn't the only one who turned around) because of the "spectacle" but I am happy it went well for you. This has gone on far too long and it is time to bring good things to Wareham.

#52 2009-07-31 12:15:29

Mr. Cruz sat right behind me. We did speak briefly before he left. I will say this, he is friendly and does listen. I know for a fact he has spoken with a few residents and he does listen.

#53 2009-07-31 12:24:40

Listening and doing are two entirely seperate things.

#54 2009-07-31 13:06:01

I wasn't there so I don't know for a fact, but my impression is that Cruz has been only listening to the BOS and really when you are new, who would you listen to?  But maybe now that he hears other people speaking he will listen and become more objective.

#55 2009-07-31 13:54:16

Now is the time to reach out to Mr. Cruz.
If he knows that he has people behind him, he will act differently.
See if you can make a friend of him. Find out where he is coming from and what he envisions for Wareham's future.
Now is the time to be inclusive. Reaching out to the only Cape Verdean on the BOS sounds reasonable and wise to me.
According to all accounts there were a lot of Cape Verdeans at your meeting last night. It's not an accident that Mr. Cruz was elected to office. Find someone who knows him and sit down with him. If he ishares your vision, welcome him and seek his support. No incumbent Selectman is going to support any opposition of a sitting Selectman, unless there is a serious problem.
However, there is nothing negative about having a friend on the BOS, and it would be nice to know that, after the election and your two new Selectmen are elected, they have a third vote on the Board.
Power.

#56 2009-07-31 14:24:23

Brucie and Brenda were together as they walked into the meeting. I overheard Brucie say "I just want to hear what they say" (probably intended for anyone to hear-and justify his righteous intentions). I think after the meeting they consciously made an effort NOT to be together as a group(but I bet they've been in contact about it since). Sanguinet was leaving as I entered, and I heard him say to his guest, "I can't stay because I'm not a citizen". Wasn't there a problem with the previous TA because they didn't move to the town in the allotted time, or something? Maybe because he's "Interim TA"? I don't know. Brenda confirmed my opinion of her that she's a nutjob who just takes an opposing view and then lashes out at her adversary with all the disdain she can muster. Mr. Cruz sat right in front of me, we spoke a little and he seemed nice. I sensed some nervousness (when it looked like BOS/"press" would be removed) from him, and his companion(daughter?). Good listener, I wish he could find his voice on the board, because I think he may be the only one with a sound mind. When I first came to this site I was hoping to find a few like minded indivduals and maybe some good people I could support to run this town. I can happily announce there's about a half dozen, I'd happily support in an election. BBrady, thanks, and great job. Searay and others who spoke, thanks your comments were enlightening and hopeful. Take Wareham Back!!

#57 2009-07-31 14:37:06

also, just my thought. Brucie was on crutches, I have no idea what happened to his leg. Did he think when he was dragged out of there it would be a great photo op when the poor, injured, abused Chairman was unpatriotically removed from the room?

#58 2009-07-31 21:40:49

09-20232 1821 UNWANTED GUEST
Location/Address: [WAE 372] WAREHAM MIDDLE SCHOOL - VIKING DR
Unit: 37
Unit: 10
Unit: 1
Unit: 9
Narrative:
REPORT OF TWO PERSONS CAUSING A PROBLEM AT THE MEETING IN
THE AUDITORIUM. SPOKE WITH ALL INVOLVED. THE PERSONS THAT
WERE UNWANTED ARE BEING ALLOWED TO STAY AND ATTEND THE
MEETING.

funny the post the names of everyone else ?

#59 2009-08-01 07:06:28

I HAVE SAVED A LOT OF OLD WAREHAM OBSERVERS AND LOKED AT THE ADVERTISING FROM 6 MONTHES AGO AND I CAN TELL THE BOYCOTT IS WORKING , HIS ADVERTISING HAS DROPPED A LOT ,ONLY ONE BIG ADVERTISER LEFT ANCHOR LIQUORS  IN WEST WAREHAM ,  I WILL NOT SHOP THERE ,  KEEP UP THE BOYCOTT ,I  HAVE IN THE PAST WALKED IN SOME OF THESE PLACES AND TOLD THE OWNERS I WILL NOT SHOP THERE AND WALK OUT AND I WILL NOT BE BACK TILL THEY STOP  ADVERTISING IN THE PAPER HORAY FOR THE BOYCOTT

#60 2009-08-01 07:23:16

That report must be wrong, because wouldn't the police also have talked to Paul Shooter?

#61 2009-08-01 07:31:41

I witnessed first-hand the arrival of Sweet Brucey, Bobo in tow sucking his ass as usual..Betty Ann Roderick was also there, claiming she was attending a Selctman's meeting!!..like they write her letters, I'm sure her friends Jane and John put her up to this charade..Brenda staggered in then showed her usual lack of class..John, doing his best Lance Armstrong impersonation, came in later Was outside doing some community organizing!!

All in all, these folks looked as pathetic as we now know they all are..

#62 2009-08-01 07:34:22

Still in Washington DC and finally have had time to read at least this thread which is an good summary. What hits me related to Wareham is how this country is based on freedoms and rights which so many fought for, and died for, and not to overly dramatize but I have to say it, which the officials of Wareham are trampling over.

Take back your town.

As we used to say "power to the people".

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/615_koreanwar.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#63 2009-08-01 07:41:30

Hopefully with Paul Shooter now on staff the quality of rag reporting will rise.

#64 2009-08-01 10:31:06

I JUST SAW THE AD IN THE HARDCOPY OF THE RAG (GOT FOR FREE BOBO SORRY) SO WE ARE EXPECTED TO BELIEVE THAT A PERSON WHO CANT AFFORD A COMPUTER CAN TAKE OUT A FRONT HALF PAGE ADVERTISMENT REGARDING THE BOYCOTT OF CAPE VERDEANS FROM THE MEETING? WAS THIS A POLITICAL ADVERTISEMENT ? ARENT ALL POLICTICAL ADVERTISEMENTS HAVE TO SHOW ON THE AD WHO PAID FOR THE AD? SLAGER FOS!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com