#1 2009-07-22 21:30:25

I've been reading for a while, but I'm newly registered.  Is it just me, or is anyone else appalled at how Bruce S. treated that woman on Roby Street at the last selectmen's  meeting? In essence, she lived there for THIRTEEN years, never had a no parking sign on her street, and now, without any communication, it is now "NO Parking"!  Bruce said they were just updating streets  that were previously designated as no parking.  If I were to buy a house,  it would matter to me if there was no street parking, especially if there was not a lot of parking available on the property. I think this women was wronged!!!  Again, thirteen years! Anybody care to comment?
Furthermore, if people are displeased with the current BOS, simply read their MISSION STATEMENT AND GOALS ON THE TOWN WEBSITE--they have failed miserably on almost all counts!
I will be there on the 30th!

#2 2009-07-22 21:46:34

nittygritty wrote:

Is it just me, or is anyone else appalled at how Bruce S. treated that woman on Roby Street at the last selectmen's  meeting?

More appalling still, we've smelled the same dead whale stink week in and week out eight long years and Bruce Sauvageau is still here.

#3 2009-07-22 21:48:27

Someone said, and I don't know if it is true, that people will now be forced to parkand pay in sweet brucie's lot.  If this is true, it might be something for the ethics commission.
Sweet Brucie treats most honorable citizens with disdain.  If you are a bully and are will to bow to him, then you can do no wrong.
I've been told there is a woman on Maple Springs Road who has contributed to some BOS members' campaigns, every time they go before the BOS, they are revered.  Because she does not want trucks travellingdown her road, the BOS has made other peoples' lives a living hell.  Welcome to this site. 
It's great to see folks mobilizing and the press taking notice.  Next the DA and others must pay attention.

#4 2009-07-22 21:49:03

That lady was pretty awesome.

#5 2009-07-22 21:57:07

I noticed anything to do with Sweet Brucie's neighborhood, he abstains.  But I had the exact same thought,--pay him to park!  He's not fooling me! He said the parking lot is never full, but many residents said there isn't any parking. Conflict with Bruce? He's playing it on the down-low. But I/We know what's going on!

#6 2009-07-22 22:17:42

The fact that he has all the BOS members drooling over him and who laughed at the suggestion he resign, whether or not he votes, he has an influence over the BOS.  Why is it the only neighborhoods they care about is Shirley Sweet Brucie's neighborhood and the woman who contribute to their compaigns neighborhood?

Last edited by Mixie (2009-07-22 22:18:47)

#7 2009-07-22 22:24:59

There  are defininetly conficts. These BOS have no real friends! Only those pretending to be friends for ulterior motives!

#8 2009-07-22 22:31:41

Like BoBo the HoBo?

#9 2009-07-22 22:40:27

To reiterate, please review the BOS's mission statement and goals. They have failed miserably and consistently. The word respect comes up over and over again, and this is what I feel is their biggest problem. More specificaly, Bruce S. has very little respect for the citizens of this town! I really feel it all boils down to respect! He says we can respectfully disagree, but it's obvious he isn't sincere. If you don't agree with him, forget about it!

Last edited by nittygritty (2009-07-22 23:00:42)

#10 2009-07-22 22:44:34

Again, I'm new to this blog.  I will reread my posts more carefully before I submit. I hate grammatical errors-sorry!

#11 2009-07-22 22:47:15

As long as you are signed on, you can hit edit and then correct those nasty errors seen only after posting.

#12 2009-07-22 23:02:43

Thanks Mixie! I feel much better now! I hope I fixed all the erors?!

#13 2009-07-22 23:06:21

OMG! ERRORS! Must be too late for me :)

#14 2009-07-23 07:31:27

I hadn't read this for a while. Thanks for the reminder---read it and weep--then laugh your head off--cost effective?  delivered courteously? enhance the quality of life? confidence in the leadership? LOL.

MISSION STATEMENT AND GOALS
adopted Apr 28, 2003

The Wareham Board of Selectmen will try to provide the most services possible to all the citizens of the Town of Wareham, considering the most cost effective ways to deliver those services. Through example and expression of its own commitment, the Board of Selectmen will encourage and expect that all services will be delivered courteously and at a high level of commitment to the taxpayer. The Board will identify specific service areas through goal setting for customer service, finance, natural resources, housing, infrastructure, historic preservation, and economic growth and development. The services provided must enhance the quality of life for the residents of the community.

The Board of Selectmen will endeavor to secure confidence in the leadership of the community and will actively seek to develop open lines of communication with the town’s boards and committees. The Wareham Board of Selectmen will seek opportunities to work with the leadership of other communities on projects that may conserve natural and financial resources.

#15 2009-07-23 07:38:43

Mixie wrote:

Someone said, and I don't know if it is true, that people will now be forced to parkand pay in sweet brucie's lot.  If this is true, it might be something for the ethics commission.
Sweet Brucie treats most honorable citizens with disdain.  If you are a bully and are will to bow to him, then you can do no wrong.
I've been told there is a woman on Maple Springs Road who has contributed to some BOS members' campaigns, every time they go before the BOS, they are revered.  Because she does not want trucks travellingdown her road, the BOS has made other peoples' lives a living hell.  Welcome to this site. 
It's great to see folks mobilizing and the press taking notice.  Next the DA and others must pay attention.

The worst that can happen if you complain to the ethics commission is that they will do nothing.

Is Sweet Brucie smart enough not to discuss anything he has a financial interest in during BOS meetings and abstain from voting on those issues?

It is hard to prove that contributing to campaigns was done to influence decisions and BOS members favor those who give them money, but contributions are public and someone should publish them.

Of course outright bribery is illegal.

#16 2009-07-23 20:14:37

I'm looking for information and hope someone can help.  I know there are so many issues to dicuss in this town, but this Roby Street episode has really gotten to me. Bruce S. stated at the last BOS meeting that they as Road Commissioners have the authority to have the no parking signs put up. And maybe umteen years ago they were there. But more importantly, when  and where did the discussion about this matter take place? Was it  a public discusssion? I 've never noticed any posting of a Road Commisioner's meeting. So when did the Road Commisioners get together and decide to reinstate the signs. Maybe I'm missing something, but discussions have had to take place.  Someone please enlighten me.

#17 2009-07-23 20:18:30

Best I know, the ITA came up with this at a recent BOS meeting and just rattled off a list of streets where signs were being placed. This after a site visit with the police chief and maybe the maintenance director. There was no real discussion, as far as I know.

#18 2009-07-23 20:23:55

Well at the meeting which many have on tape he tried to use up all the 15 minutes od Citizens time talking about beach parking as the reasons for the signs.

Then Brenda steps up and says the sole pupose of the sign was fr public safety.

Then Bruce said the signs are to protect the citizens?? From what??

#19 2009-07-23 20:38:50

Thank you. I must have been away, or fell asleep or something for that meeting. I just wanted to make sure a discussion took place in the open. I still have the gut feeling  a more indepth discussion about this issue took place beforehand. For some  reason, I'm always suspicious of the actions of this board?!?!

#20 2009-07-23 21:39:42

I am referring to this week's meeting during Citizen Participation.

Many towns that have high parking spots like Hospitals will post signs parking by permit only. Why did they not think of that for the residents of Roby and other streets? Just a thought.

#21 2009-07-23 22:02:55

You're right.  That's what they do in Boston.  That seems like a very fair thing to do, then all of the residents, not just sweet brucie, get to enjoy their property.  Maybe they could get a permit to park free in sweet brucie's lot.

#22 2009-07-23 22:08:25

If sweet brucie and cronon are voted out of office this April, it could mean the beginning of the end of this terrorism.   If those two are gone the entire balance of power will change.  Is it Margaret Jane? Well she misses 1/2 the meetings.  That leaves Cruz and Brockton Brenda.  How much damage could they do by themselves?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com