#1 2009-07-22 23:24:02

I came home from the BOS meeting last night and watched the TAPE of the meeting where the BOS and ITA stated repeatedly to my questions that NO town money goes to Crimewatch.

Also they stated the group signs waivers, no liability to the town.

They told Steve Baptiste to write a letter to ITA, he handles day to day operations dealing with Crimewatch. ITA tells paper he has nothing to do with Crimewatch.

At last nights meeting the Chairman did not misspeak about the revenue from tickets, he gave a speech about it and more than once said the money goes to the County.and the other Selectmen and the ITA just sat there not saying a word about the truth, I would think the ITA should know the revenue from tickets come to the town.

Does the Observer Media folks not know how to watch TV? If you don't tape the meetings I will be happy to provide you with a copy. This way you can publish the facts.

Speaking of the facts I do not and have never worked for a local establishment in Wareham. I have written two emails to Observer Media requesting a retraction in the free portion where the lie was published.

No retraction yet. I have a contract with my employer to have no outside employment. My boss knows I was at the meeting and saw the headline story in the Observer...not very happy.

I was never asked where I worked by Mr Slager. Well my attorney will now get to the bottom of this, I tried to be nice but I guess being nice and honest in certain circles of this town is a lost art.

#2 2009-07-22 23:33:58

PS I enjoy my boat thus the name Searay240. I have told you all who I am, and if you wanted to know my name you simply look at the tape from the meeting, my name is Steve Holmes.

You and I are not anonymous hate bloggers, but VERY concerned  citizens. I for one will chip in for the rental of the school for the meeting!!!

#3 2009-07-22 23:39:49

Now, after 500 re-writes, bobo's article says that the liability of crime watches actions are to be absorbed by THE TOWN.

The complete opposite of what brucie claimed at the last meeting. I guess the truth does come out in the wash.

#4 2009-07-22 23:44:21

Although bobo, how can you write the complete opposite this week and not acknowlede it contradicts what you wrote last week?

Last week: town gives crime watch NO money & and crime watch signed waiver so the town would not be responsible.

Today: town gives them gas money and covers them under THE TOWN liability insurance.

For Christ's sake you can't get your lies straight!

#5 2009-07-22 23:55:28

He talks about how the announcement for executive session on crimewatch was notorized and announced on 7/16. Well I receive email from the town with agenda and other public information, and it clearly says 7 pm. Also, from what I've read they need to open it up, vote it, and state whether they'll return after exec. session. Did that occur?

#6 2009-07-23 00:01:11

So either the BOS and the ITA are not being honest or the Observer is mistaken in it' story.

Mr Slager mentioned a debate, well let's have him debate the BOS and ITA at our meeting:

1- does the town pay any money to Crimewatch (BOS and ITA say no) Slager story says yes.

2- is the town liable for harm caused to these folks or by these folks (BOS and ITA say no) Slager story says yes

3- there was mention by Chairman last night the crimewatch will continue to hand out tickets with no exclusion of their Director. Mr Slagers article states that the Director cannot participate in this program, since he is still driving the vehicles around he is very much part of the ticketing patrol.

If we could pull off this debate it would be fun to watch.

I would be more than happy to moderate the debate

#7 2009-07-23 00:05:20

We were there at 7 and had to wait in the hall.crimewatch was there as a group with their lawyer. This had to be planned how could all these people and a lawyer show up at 6 for a meeting that started at 7? Maybe another question for the debate

#8 2009-07-23 07:30:04

They told Steve Baptiste to write a letter to ITA, he handles day to day operations dealing with Crimewatch.

As I was leaving the arraignment Monday Robert Slager and a uniformed Wareham police officer with the name tag "Baptiste" were standing just outside the door talking.  I asked Baptiste that what would happen next and he said that there would be a bail hearing.

Unless there are two officers with that name I assume he is the one referenced above. Don't you have a right to have a copy of that letter?  Maybe someone could get it and publish it here.

As for the executive session, I wrote about this on another thread as have others. It is clear what the open meeting law says.

As for Coleman continuing in his role as director of Wareham Crime Watch, while a legal opinion would be of value, it seems only common sense that if he is driving a Crime Watch vehicle with ticket writers who are under his supervision he is still writing tickets (if by proxy) even if he never leaves the car.

#9 2009-07-23 07:42:25

The Steve Baptiste at the meeting is a retired police officer that owns Pier View restarant. He was upset over Coleman tracking him then giving him a ticket.

Bruce told him to write a letter about the incident and send it to th ITA.Bruce also mentioned that Coleman was not pesent to defend himself.

The BOS can rip anyone they want cops,dept heads etc and they are not there to defend themselves. But let a private citizen have a complaint and that's not allowed

#10 2009-07-23 08:08:25

searay240 wrote:

The Steve Baptiste at the meeting is a retired police officer that owns Pier View restarant. He was upset over Coleman tracking him then giving him a ticket.

Bruce told him to write a letter about the incident and send it to th ITA.Bruce also mentioned that Coleman was not pesent to defend himself.

The BOS can rip anyone they want cops,dept heads etc and they are not there to defend themselves. But let a private citizen have a complaint and that's not allowed

The Baptiste I talked to briefly after the arraignment, who was chatting with Slager, was a Wareham police officer in uniform.

#11 2009-07-23 09:11:18

Sweet Brucey is literally on tape during the meeting where the officers complained saying that Crimewatch benefits the town because it brings revenue to the town so it is not going anywhere and then after this incident with Crimewatchman he starts denying that the town makes any money off of Crimewatch.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-23 09:11:32)

#12 2009-07-23 09:16:52

There is an officer on the WPD named Carl Baptiste. Perhaps this is the officer who was talking to Mr. Slager. Heresay is that during a recent court hearing, Mr. Slager identified this gentleman as his "informant".

#13 2009-07-23 09:27:14

If there's only one active Baptiste on the WPD that is who it was. They were standing closer together than people who only know each other casually. My impression was that neither of them appreciated being interrupted in their tête-à-tête by a stranger asking about Coleman.

#14 2009-07-23 09:36:02

Wasn't he, Baptiste, listed as a witness for the defense in the Joyce vs. Slager case?   If my memory does not fail me he was.  I also believe Baptiste was fired from the WPD by Joyce some time ago and then sued for his job back.  Joyce refused to issue him a LTC firearms.  It was in the local papers and quite a mess.  Eventually, Baptiste got his job back.

#15 2009-07-23 09:37:07

searay240 wrote:

I was never asked where I worked by Mr Slager. Well my attorney will now get to the bottom of this, I tried to be nice but I guess being nice and honest in certain circles of this town is a lost art.

I understand completely. I tried the logical and civil approach and it has fallen on deaf ears.We, my wife and I, have also requested retractions for obvious blunders in Slager's paper, but we have yet to see any sort of retraction.

I even tried to approach the Selectmen in a nice way, but that has also resulted in little or no response. It's a shame we have to hire lawyers when all they have to do is DO THEIR JOBS.

#16 2009-07-23 09:43:45

Searay, maybe you can sue Ragboy?  If what he wrote interfered with your job, then you have damages.

This idiot claims to be the best ace reporter around, he doesn't even know who Capt Cardalino is, who is a bit of a local Wareham legend.  He reported that he worked at the restaurant too.

The story was better if it was Stevie came in with 2 of his employees instead of what really happened, 3 independent citizens.

He always goes with the story that sounds better, not the story that is true.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-23 09:44:08)

#17 2009-07-23 10:20:03

I don't know him personally, and he does not know me. However if he thinks I have the time or the inclination to play games with him and his publication, he is seriously mistaken.

I have a meeting here today at work to discuss this matter, and my lawyer is drawing up papers, in the event my company takes actions against me for moonlighting, which is a very serious offense to my employer.

#18 2009-07-23 10:58:13

spideratc wrote:

I also believe Baptiste was fired from the WPD by Joyce some time ago and then sued for his job back.  Joyce refused to issue him a LTC firearms.  It was in the local papers and quite a mess.  Eventually, Baptiste got his job back.

This short ride to E Wareham was the weirdest 20 minutes I ever want to spend.

#19 2009-07-23 11:55:19

urneighbor wrote:

searay240 wrote:

The Baptiste I talked to briefly after the arraignment, who was chatting with Slager, was a Wareham police officer in uniform.

The police officer is Carl Baptiste, an active member of the WPD.  Steve Baptiste is a retired WPD officer, and business owner in Onset.  Unkown if they are related.  It doesn't really matter.

#20 2009-07-23 13:09:50

slager is bad

Last edited by ihateliz (2009-07-23 14:49:29)

#21 2009-07-23 13:24:22

I was told the story -- perhaps from someone who read the lies from the Slobverser.

#22 2009-07-23 14:23:12

One of my famly members went to Walmart a couple of weeks ago, on a Saturday, and there were three members from Crime Watch standing out front soliciting donations. She was approach by one older gentleman, whom she described as very rude and abrasive. He asked if she would like to make a donation to Crime Watch. She is a very polite, well mannered person, and simply replied, "I'm sorry, I don't have any cash on me." This rude gentleman then asked, "Well ! How do you intend to pay for your purchase at Walmart?" She replied, "I use a debit card when I shop."  So he said to her, " We can take your debit card information." She was taken aback. "Why would I give out my debit card information to total strangers?"

She is still sputtering.

#23 2009-07-23 14:38:45

ihateliz wrote:

CARL BAPTISTE  WAS IDENTIFIED AS AN IMFOMANT OF SLAGERS IN THE LAWSUIT BETWEEN SLAGER AND THE CHIEF.

Yes, rumor was that he was exactly what you say and even though I heard from a reliable source that he was continuing to be an informant, and leaking information to "whoever", I will still consider it a "rumor" until Carl tells me to my face or to the powers to be in a public arena.  Do I, personally think he is an informant?  Yes, my personal opinion.

#24 2009-07-23 17:48:02

The Observer posted a retraction to my employment issue today. It took a few emails, I had a meeting with my Human Resource Dept. Finally done.

All this because I went to a meeting in Town and asked a few simple questions.  And according to the Observer reports about paying for gas, and including the Crimewatch group in our Town liability, it appears the entire BOS and the ITA lied to me during the meeting.

Maybe it is time for some changes, and being from Onset maybe I need to consider putting my name on the ballot!!!

I am looking forward to next Thursday to see what others have on their minds about making this a better place to live and how we can work more cooperatively with our Town Govt.  Because we do live here and this is our Town!!

#25 2009-07-23 17:49:39

PS and as I started this post....this was all on Public Access TV and I taped it, maybe bbrady would like to play it again next week for the folks.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com