#1 2009-07-20 22:25:58

Unbelievable!!!  BOBO thinks the whole incident was staged to railroad Mr Coleman.

#2 2009-07-20 23:13:28

TBL

Of course he does. What else would you expect from Mr. Conspiracy?

#3 2009-07-20 23:29:55

According to the free pages on Slager's website, the woman jumped in front of the car.  BoBO breaks out the violin music for Coleman, when he bemoans the damage to the 70 year old volunteer's reputation.  I know I am supposed to ignore BOBO's website, but it is the funniest show in town.

#4 2009-07-20 23:33:08

So, the lady threw herself in front of the Crimewatchmobile and all of the witnesses lied, because the police union wrote a letter?

Bobo, stop wearing that winter coat in July.  The heat stroke is damaging your brain.

#5 2009-07-21 00:22:04

The railroading of George Coleman

George Coleman sat in a glass booth at Wareham District Court on Monday, his wrists bound by handcuffs. He looked up for a moment, a swath of sheer disbelief etched across his face. He slowly shook his head before leaning forward, his eyes staring down, looking for an escape hatch he would not find.

CRY ME A FUCKING RIVER WILL YA

#6 2009-07-21 07:50:44

Then he seen his favorite "reporter" with a jacket on and had a big smile, knew the article would be written in his favor!

#7 2009-07-21 08:19:39

Slager adds new information as "update" to his Friday article

Instead of writing a new article Slager inserted important new information into his old article.

Victim: Kim Miller

Witnesses: Oonagh Jacobsen, East Wareham; Kimberly Lake

Quote from witness Jacobson:

"I was in the area with my kids to take my kids for the free lunch they offer at the band shell... (Coleman) was parked and drove straight out. The woman put her hands and arms on the hood of the car to brace herself from falling... He was a very nasty man. I had never encountered him before. He accused her of being stupid. He refused to call the police for her. He wouldn't give her his name. She said she didn't have a cell phone and he wouldn't give her his."

Coleman's current status with Crime Watch: per Sauvageau he can't write parking tickets until legal issues are resolved, is on the Crime Watch board. (from ur: We still don't know if he can drive other ticket writers in CW vehicles and do the crime watching part of Crime Watch.

Sauvageau on Crime Watch: they will continue to write tickets; the BOS will discuss this in executive Tuesday night to discuss how the organization will move forward.

On the railroading of George Coleman

from Slager:
He looked up for a moment, a swath of sheer disbelief etched across his face. He slowly shook his head before leaning forward, his eyes staring down, looking for an escape hatch he would not find.

what I wrote yesterday:

In court, at first he sat alone with Bob Slager in the row behind him a few feet to the right. The two talked until Coleman's lawyer came in and sat next to him. Then those two engaged in some conversation that has both of them smiling.

Coleman look uncomfortable most of the time.

Judge Thomas Barrett (excsue the terms, I'm not a court reporter) bound him over for 30 days, but a bail hearing was scheduled for later today.

A court officer handcuffed him and led him to sit in the prisoner's  section behind a glass partition. He sat down and look up with dismay briefly at Bob Slager and shook his head once from side to side.

When I was leaving Slager and Officer Baptiste from Wareham were standing near the door. I asked Baptiste what would happen next to Coleman, whether he'd be leaving anytime so. He asked if I worked for a paper before he'd answer and I said I was freelance. Always a good answer. He told me Coleman would be held in a lockup at the courthouse until bail was set.

From where I sat it sure appeared that he made eye contact with Slager. Only two people know for sure. One is supposedly a reporter. Is that part of the story? You be the judge.

Also, how did he know he was [highlight]"looking for an escape hatch he would not find"/highlight]? Did he tell him this afterwards or is this the reporter's impression? If the later it should read "as if he was..." or appearing to".

(Just a few free lessons in news writing style for Mr. Slager.)

Blame the victim: Slager's defense of Coleman

The charge against Coleman involves battery, that is the intentional striking of someone in anger, with a dangerous weapon (a car).

Slager's defense seems to be that in an attempt to keep him from leaving she "jumped" in front of his car and that she was wrong to do this.

He seems to want to depict the victim's "jumping" in front of as excusing Coleman for striking her. Is he say she jumped so quickly Coleman hit her inadvertently?

That in fact might be his best defense if that's how it happened and witness attest to this, although this doesn't seem to be what witness Jacobson reported.

It seems to me that Slager is too close to Coleman to report on this case objectively. He certainly can publish his opinions but should make his relationship with Coleman clear.

#8 2009-07-21 08:28:40

AGAIN SLAGER IS NOT A REPORTER. HOW CAN A REPORTER IN THE LAST SENTENCE STATE THAT THE PERSON IS INNOCENT. THE ARTICLE IS NOT AN EDITORIAL ITS AN ARTICLE. YOU CANT BE OBJECTIVE IN YOUR REPORTING WHEN YOU DECLARE SOMEONE'S INNOCENCE. HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH THAT CONCLUSION. MY SOURCES TOLD ME THAT SIX PEOPLE SAID COLEMAN'S VERSION WAS NOT TRUE. SIX PEOPLE ! THEY ALSO TOLD ME THAT COLEMAN REFUSED TO CALL THE POLICE AND ONLY UNTIL AFTER COLEMAN HIT HER WITH THE CAR DID HE CALL THE POLICE. IN ANY OTHER NEWSPAPER IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA YOU WILL NEVER FIND "REPORTING" LIKE SLAGER DOES. HE IS A PATHETIC NOBODY STILL WRITING "BOBBIES NEWS"

#9 2009-07-21 08:33:43

According to Steve Urbon in the article in this morning's Standard Times the victim's first name is Pamela:

An hour or more later, as the only condition of his release, the judge ordered him to stay away from the woman, Pamela Miller, who had taken her children to the free lunch program at the Onset band shell last Friday, only to run afoul of Coleman and his parking law enforcement style for parking her truck in an improper spot.

Most important, he contradicts Slager's account of the incident that she "jumped" in front of the car.

According to the report and eyewitnesses, Coleman, refusing to give his name to Miller, who kept demanding it, got behind the wheel of his 1997 Ford Crown Victoria, and drove it toward Miller, who was standing in the path toward the exit of the parking lot for the handicapped.

She did not budge, and he struck her at low speed on the legs, when she and the witnesses said she fell on the hood of the Crime Watch car, unhurt.

We also learn from Urbon the seriousness of conviction on either of the charges. The assault and battery could result in a 2½-year state prison sentence and a $1,000 fine; add "with a dangerous weapon" and he could be sentenced to 10 years in state prison and/or a $5,000 fine.

He reports that at midday Monday, there was little or no Crime Watch activity in Onset, and I can report that there was none at all between 11AM and 2PM at Little Harbor on Sunday.

#10 2009-07-21 16:42:50

Grandpa Bobo the Hobo's new poll question - "Was George Coleman set up by the police?"

Yes, Bobo, you cracked the conspiracy!  The police used a mind control device to make a woman jump in front of a Crimewatchmobile and they used the same mind control device to get all the witnesses to lie!

They probably used the same mind control device to make you bundle up on a July day like it's the friggin Blizzard of 78!

#11 2009-07-21 18:57:35

any legitimate journalist would get some facts, something the Hobo rarely does..the woman was in Onset on a sunny summer day, having lunch with her children and lots of other families..Crusty felt like imposing his will and acted in his usual abrasive manner..there should have been a stop put to this maniac before this incident ever happened..here's hoping he does time (the Hobo can get an exclusive from the can)

#12 2009-07-21 19:28:23

Hamatron,

I really thought you were making the poll up so I had to look:

Was George Coleman set up by police?

Yes. There are too many coincidences.
No. There are too many witnesses.

Is he ready for the http://fresnobeehive.com/news/assets_c/2009/04/Joaquin_Phoenix_in_Aluminum_Hat-thumb-200x239-20097.jpg
aluminum hat conspiracy brigade?

A little reporting is in order. First he apparently gets the woman's name wrong. Besides that how about trying to interview her.

He should do some digging, aka known as investigative reporting. Find out if she has any connections with the police department.

While he's at it, maybe she knows some of the hatebloggers, or could it be she's one of us?

Maybe the police or a so-called hateblogger  plotted with her with no  concern for her safety and not caring about the fears of her children.

Of course, there's the little matter of it not mattering one iota if she set him up by provoking him. Is he going to claim some kind of entrapment.

"She deliberately got me so angry that I ran my car into her so it's her fault."

Bottom line is that he can't even claim she got into his face and he feared for his safety so he hit her because he believed she was about to hit him.

If this ever gets into court a lawyer who counsels any blame the victim defense would have to be truly desperate. Better to go with temporary insanity.

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-07-21 19:31:33)

#13 2009-07-21 19:53:03

Yeah, Bobo was a cartoon character long before the invention of "Bobo the Clown."  Thinking the police could somehow arrange for a lady to throw herself in front of a Crimewatchmobile is something only a cartoon character would think.

#14 2009-07-21 20:47:11

Wow....I'm sure she begged to be call Stupid and a retard. Yes, it sounds like a set up to me. Geez...how does anyone come up with a load of nonsense like Slager did?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com