#1 2009-07-04 14:10:20

TWO NEW TOWN EMPLOYEES STARTED THIS WEEK A NEW TOWN ACCOUNANT AND A TOWN PLANNER ,  THEN THEY FOUND OUT ABOUT THERE PREDECESSORS AND WHAT HAPPENED  TO THEM, AND ABOUT THE SELECTMANS REIGN OF TERROR , THEY BOTH QUIT AFTER A FEW DAYS.                                                                                                                                                                                                      WITH  THE DEPARTURE OF THE ACTING LIBRARY DIRECTOR AND NO NEW HELP IT IS MY OPINION THAT THE LIBRARY WILL HAVE TO CURTAIL ITS HOURS BECAUSE OF A LACK OF HELP. THIS SHOULD NOT COCERN THE SELECTMAN BECAUSE THEY HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THING TO DO , LIKE TRYING TO RID THE TOWN OF HATE BLOOGERS AND PERSUEING THE HATE BLOGERS AND THERE COMPUTOR AUDITS.                                                                                                                                                                                ON ANOTHER NOTE THERE MIGHT NOT BE A SELECTMENS MEETING NEXT WEEK ACORDING TO MIXIE A HOUSE FELL ON BIG MOUTH BRENDAS SISTER .

#2 2009-07-04 14:33:30

HAHAHAH splitting a gut on that one.  That was truly witty and funny.

#3 2009-07-04 15:01:12

Is that really true????  I find it hard to believe they quit because they heard what happened to the past ones.  I wouldn't have quit.   I would have waited and done my job.   See what happened.   I suppose it's possible.  But if what you say is true, they were wimps anyways.

#4 2009-07-04 15:55:06

Pink:
Any idea how far reaching our reputation is? Last year we laid off a long time high level employee is our accountant's department, she was more than qualified for the job here and lives just over the bridge. So I called her and told her about the job. Do you know what she said? She said she would rather be unemployed, Wareham is the kiss of death for a career. Nice, too bad we can't attract qualified people, in the end it will only cost us more money. But, who cares?

#5 2009-07-04 17:01:18

That is both funny and tragic.  They left after asking around?  I wonder how many good people never apply for these positions to begin with because they google the town and say to hell with it.

#6 2009-07-05 09:42:59

The sad part for us, the taxpayers and residents, is the continuity of service. You simply don't have the head count to cover services provided by the town. From an operational standpoint, you have periods of inactivity or you have to hire high paid temp services (accounting as an example) to fill in. This not only costs money, but you really don't get value for your money.

I know that if I was hired and walked into the mess the town accountant would have walked into, I would have not been happy. As far as the town planner, how could you do your job with the direction the town is going in?

Folks, it just keeps getting more and more insane. A clean sweep of the Selectmen and ITA would stop the process and allow the town to heal with new blood and a direction.  I know it is impossible with the time constraints we face, but there has to be something that would make the Selectmen realize how poorly they are handling things. Maybe they have the common sense to step down? I"m sure they have pressing personal issues to deal with? (foreclosures and tax liens)

#7 2009-07-05 09:50:58

PinkPanther wrote:

Is that really true????  I find it hard to believe they quit because they heard what happened to the past ones.  I wouldn't have quit.   I would have waited and done my job.   See what happened.   I suppose it's possible.  But if what you say is true, they were wimps anyways.

The crazy part of what you are slinging is that you believe in what you say. Regardless of why they quit, you aren't getting the big picture. This is what is applying for the town jobs. Candidates are avoiding Wareham because of the mess. Just think, you can now support YOUR Selectmen by applying for a job in Wareham. There are plenty of openings and I'm sure you can work in an environment that promotes mistrust (audit), unhappy employees, doubling up on job duties because they can't afford to bring in more headcount, and you can sit an listen to your Selectmen make senseless comments to their very own citizens! Oh, and you get vacation, but not now, there aren't enough people to get the work done.

It's your chance Pink, fill out that application and turn in that resume!

#8 2009-07-05 09:52:33

ALL TOWN EMPLOYEES HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS TOWN. BELIEVE ME EVERYONE IS LOOKING ELSEWHERE AND I DONT BLAME THEM ONE BIT. NOT WIMPS PANTHER, THEY ARE THE SMART ONES.

#9 2009-07-05 10:15:38

While we're debunking the many lies told about town employees, let's debunk another one.

Remember how all we ever heard was oh, that evil MJP used her influence to raise her salary as a library director?  She topped out at about somewhere above 70,000 and oh, they said, that's horrible, no library director would ever ever earn a salary like that without hanky panky involved?

Well, feast your eyes on this:

http://mblc.state.ma.us/jobs/find_jobs/ … order=date

That's right.  The open library director position has been advertised at a rate between 60,000 with a top out at 76,000.

Guess what happened?  After shooting their fat ugly mouths off for years, they actually DID SOME RESEARCH and discovered that in the library industry, nobody is going to take on the responsibility of running the library that we have for less than 60,000 and not without a chance to eventually get to 76,000 over time!!!

Keep in mind MJP started out in the 1970's, and it took her something like 30 years to reach this range.  She worked most of her career in the smaller library on High Street, which meant much, much less.

She worked for the town for something like 36 years - the next person is going to step in and earn in the range she earned without having worked for the town a single day.

Here's another tidbit - Susan P loved the library to the point that she was willing to be the director at her current salary, even with a paycut.

That's right.  In tough fiscal times, we could have had a library director for about 20,000 or so less.  Oh, but we have money to burn because she most have incurred Sweet Brucey's wrath somehow so she's got to go and we'll spend the extra money anyway.

Finally, keep in mind - this phenomenon is going across the board in all town departments.  They rant and rave and rail about how they must get rid of evil overpaid town employees!!!  Then they fire the suckers and replace them with new flunkies at, GUESS WHAT?  THE SAME RATE AS THE PERSON THAT WAS CANNED!

If you can look at these facts and conclude anything other than the BOS has a hit list and are mowing down anyone who ever looked at them cockeyed, then you are smoking massive amounts of potent refer.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-05 10:18:41)

#10 2009-07-05 10:19:24

Everyone is entitled to the pursuit of happiness.  No one is a whimp for not leaping into what could be a nightmarish situation.  Why would you think labeling people negatively is the answer to t he situation?  But then again, that is what these individuals are escaping....being belittled.

#11 2009-07-05 20:58:10

I am just saying I would not run from a decent job in these hard times because of what people are saying.  I would have at least gave it a good try.

#12 2009-07-05 21:35:57

You're assuming this job was their only option.

#13 2009-07-06 11:51:22

PinkPanther wrote:

I am just saying I would not run from a decent job in these hard times because of what people are saying.  I would have at least gave it a good try.

Again, you aren't getting the big picture...sigh...."decent" is the key word in your sentence. If you find the current atmosphere and work load the employees have to face as "decent", then I am guessing you also love how the Selectmen are improving the town?

#14 2009-07-06 18:52:55

Mixie,  If they are lucky enough to have more than one decent job offer/option in this job market than they are doing very well and I wish them much luck.   
MapleMan, I do see the big picture.  Times are very hard and we must take care.

#15 2009-07-08 11:36:45

FROM THE COURIER:

"The position of town planner has reopened after the candidate Sanguinet hired backed out. He said no reason was given for her decision, only that she had “changed her mind.”"

TRANSLATION: This person googled "Wareham" and ran for the hills.

#16 2009-07-08 12:21:50

THE CANDIDATE FOR TOWN PLANNER HAS BACKED OUT DURING THE TOWN WIDE COMPUTER AUDIT BEING CONDUCTED BY THE TOWN OF WAREHAM

#17 2009-07-08 12:25:46

IM WATCHING THE SELECTMANS MEETING AND I CANT  BELIEVE HOW RUDE BRUCE IS. HE SCOLDS PEOPLE ASKING QUESTIONS DURING THE CITIZENS PARTICIPATION. HE EVEN SAID "JESUS" WHEN THE PERSON CONTINUED TO TRY AND ASK A QUESTION. HE EXPECTS PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR HIM TREATING PEOPLE LIKE THIS?

#18 2009-07-08 17:45:46

If the Charter was changed properly, you don't need a Town Planner.
There are so many people living in Wareham that would DONATE their time to plan the future, the only thing you would need is an administrator to carry out the will of the Planning Dept., and BOS.
What could a Town Planner's qualifications possibly be? If a person doesn't come from a Town, or lived there most of their lives, what could they possibly plan for? How long would it take to learn about the Town, the people of the Town, etc.
I am about ready to do my thing regarding the history of Onset/Wareham. The more I hear, the more convinced I am that I must do it. Too many people want to know.

#19 2009-07-08 19:14:11

Wow !!!

#20 2009-07-08 20:15:07

Yup, I trust my future to a volunteer. Let's see, volunteer decides they don't want to show up, who is going to deal with all the complicated issues surrounding development? You have to have an experienced Planner in order to make sure that the long range plan and desires of the citizens are carried out. Duh.

#21 2009-07-08 20:21:13

Dan,
Will you please clarify your comments about the Planning Department?  I would like to understand your position before I respond.  When you refer to an administrator, are you refering to the Town Administrator or are you refering to an Administrative Assistant position?  Also, when you refer to the "will of the Planning Dept.", are you referring to the Planning Board?

#22 2009-07-08 20:39:06

Yes, I am sorry...The Planning Board. In response to volunteers who are available to share their knowledge, who wouldn't want them? Do you think that voulunteers with the expertise that they posses and are dedicated to the Town won't show up to meetings?
The Planning Board, filled with qualified volunteers and with the input of the citizens of Wareham, plan and offer development  plans to the Town Meeting which ulitimately decides yea or nay.
One person in the Planning Dept., Administrative Assistant, can carry out the will of the people as long as all depts. cooperate.

#23 2009-07-08 21:03:27

With all due respect, I wholeheartedly disagree with you.  We absolutely need a full time Town Planner and a fully staffed Planning Department.   Even when we had a full time planner and a full time secretary, we were woefully understaffed for the amount of (and complexity of) development that passed through the gates.

#24 2009-07-08 21:35:22

I agree you were...but because of what? Muddluing, fumbling BOS and TAs' that tried to stumble their way into trying to make a prisitne plan for Wareham while being paid off or intimidated by the developers and special interests in Town? Simple problems need simple answers...don't try to complicate things more than they have to be. Protect the Town from unwanted and expensive developments, and concenrate on restoring the dignity and respect of the Town.
Wareham should never be second best.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com