#1 2009-07-03 16:11:23

I feel almost obligated to write a long, hopefully not rambling or boring, narrative of the history of Wareham as I know it. There is an old expression: "If we do not learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it."
First of all, everything that you are going through has been happening for decades...at least 60 that I know of. All of the problems that you are facing in Onset/Wareham has happened over and over and for one reason: We have not learned from history and we are doomed to repeat it.
I am not the type of person to hide or run from a fight. I am happy to say who I am and tell you that I offer a look at the history of Wareham and Onset that you may or may not have ever heard.
One thing I promise you is that I will never lie. There will be some things I tell you that people who are still alive will be very upset about...but...I didn't care what they thought then, and I sure as hell don't care what they think now.
I will give you insights into politics that you have never heard or thought about. I will tell you the truth about Police Officers and how you can tell who really is a good cop and who isn't. I can tell you about dirty politics that are unequaled by what you face today. The list goes on and on. The question is: do you want to hear the story?
I will determine that by the response I receive on this site. I love this site! I said before... if this site existed when I was around, things would have been a lot different. Because..YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

My name is Daniel P. O'Connell, Jr. My nick-name growing up in Wareham by family and friends was "Biff".
I was a Police Officer in Wareham from 1969 to 1975. I taught school at Wareham High School while attending college at Bridgewater State in 1973, 1974, and 1975 as a "permanent substitute". I was a Selectman from 1975-1978.
I moved to Florida in 1979 and look back fondly about my life in Onset and Waream until I hear and read about what is going on.
So..you now know who I am. You decide if I continue.

#2 2009-07-03 16:37:15

GWB

Yes please continue insight into Wareham's history would be helpful. My question is this. It seems that you have been in Florida since 79'. Knowing what happened then is good but do you have a take on things that have happened from 1979 to present as well??

#3 2009-07-03 16:53:06

Yes...I have kept up with what has been happening through the papers and friends for 30 years. I am well aware of what is happening, and nothing is different...just the players. In fact, a lot of the players are the same...

#4 2009-07-03 16:54:53

I would love to read about the towns history. I think with this group of bloggers, maybe they'll be a change.

However, I have one question for you....

Wasn't it you that wrote a letter to the editor in the Wareham observer praising their coverage of Wareham? I distictly remember a former selectman residing in FL doing so.

I'm not asking to discredit you, I hoping that your here because you saw the rag paper for what it was.

Last edited by commonsense (2009-07-03 17:01:29)

#5 2009-07-03 17:05:06

Yes...I have written more than one letter to the Observer. I am also a paid member(for 2 years) to the online paper. You see...I want to see all sides of issues. I have never been able to make a decent decision until I know all of the facts and the reasons that people believe the way they do ...If I agree with them or not. One thing we will discuss if this goes further is : know your friends, but, know your enemies better.
This site offers uneditied opinions, and that is great to a certain degree. But, if the site is to be policed, it should be by the members of the site and no outsiders. I will continue to read, monitor and respond to the Observer site.
But, to be honest with you...this is my type of forum. I spent 20 years in Florida as a TV and Radio talk show host..so, I love this concept.
Once again...I will never lie to you...I promise you that..

#6 2009-07-03 17:08:45

Thanks for your honesty. I look forward to your future posts.

#7 2009-07-03 18:49:26

Okay Dan, you served prior to the recall in the 1980's, so now I am curious about what you have to say. But, if we are going to be totally honest, supporting a man who disparages anyone who disagrees with him is a complete waste of good money. You would be better to donate it to Turning Point. He doesn't write facts, only opinion.

#8 2009-07-03 20:14:57

I won't be picking on anyone. I will only be telling the facts. If I have some thing bad to say to someone, I say it to their face. I guess that's the Marine in me. Like I have stated, I don't run, and I don't hide. I am never afraid of debate, and have never lost one. Why? Because I deal in facts. Period. There is an old expression that I love...Don't let your mouth write a check that your ass can't cash. You don't spend as many years as I have being a talk show host on TV and Radio if you allow someone to destroy your credibility.
I never deal in personalities. Only facts.

#9 2009-07-03 23:26:34

dan,   I have heard of you I have researched you I welcome you.  No disrepect meant to the BOS or anyone else trying to solve the turmoil we are in. .
I do not support a recall.  I'm putting that out there.  Thats how I feel. 
Please continue.

Last edited by PinkPanther (2009-07-03 23:36:17)

#10 2009-07-04 04:28:49

pink panther ,i do suport a recall they should be tar and feathered and thrown out on there colletive asses , they are stupi ,mean aned vindictive , bruce could not even run a pizza joint , they belong in jail.

#11 2009-07-04 12:32:42

ihateliz,  I know how you feel.  Thats exactly how I used to feel about some of our finest in this town.  But I don't want to go there today.  I've got to get cooking.  happy 4th to you.

#12 2009-07-04 15:51:10

On this beautiful Independance Day let's remember that our forefathers fought and died so we could be free. The board that was recalled in the 1980's was "guilty" of far lesser offenses. Recall is a part of democracy. Speaking of which, I hope the national democratic party knows that based on the behavior of the local one I will not cast a ballot for a democrat again in my life.

#13 2009-07-04 16:30:53

Just as an aside: why recall the whole Board? Isn't there any Selectmen that you can support? Understand that a recall is very expensive. You not only have the costs of the production of ballots, etc., but the time to have the elections people scan the needed proof of qualification to office, the amount of time and money to be spent on election day itself, and what if it doesn't work?
Why not think about how to improve the Charter to get it into line that holds Selectmen responsible for their actions and the budgets they are supposed to be in charge of. The problem, as I see it, is that over the years the BOS have been emasculated and lack power because of over-reaction by the electorate in the past.
Something to think about. I hope I hear from more people. I think I would like to write about what took place in the past and what could work today.
You know, if you improve the system of local government, I believe there are many of you that would make good Selectmen. But, no one in their right mind wants to be in a position that requires you to be a weak manager. Any business person will tell you that success is ability, leadership and control.
Let's find the weak spots, change them, then elect people to office that can be competent and responsible.
It will take time...but...what good thing doesn't take time?

Last edited by danoconnell (2009-07-04 16:38:27)

#14 2009-07-04 18:52:33

Zoo--if you judge ALL democrats by the ones in office in Wareham, isn't that a form of prejudice? You know--pre-judging people because of a group or affiliation?  That's what racism and bigotry is based on, and I don't think you would fit into that category.

You should vote for people based on your own views, beliefs, etc. In local politics in Wareham, parties were never really a consideration. If I named you 10 former selectmen, I would bet that most people wouldn't be able to tell you their party. So, isn't it better to keep an open mind when we are looking for local politicians? We the people should vote for selectmen who will follow the will of the people. That is not happening now.

When we vote down articles three and four times....guess what? That's the will of the people. Yet the word is, we are going to go another round on the nitrogen and earth removal articles in October and I'm sure Westfield,  that we voted down at least twice that I remember, is ready to go again. Elected officials work for US. We Passed the bdod, but the bos are not exactly welcoming Makepeace's business development which was the point of passing the bdod. I could mention many other items that town meeting voted against or for that have been ignored. Where is the will of the people in Wareham? Watch the fireworks tonight and remember, we the people have a right to be heard, and to be listened to!

#15 2009-07-04 19:25:47

THERE IS FIREWORKS TO NITE AND WAS PAID FOR BY FURLOUED TOWN EMPLOYEES AND THERE LOST WAGES , I WILL NOT GO SEE THE FIREWORKS BECAUSE TOWN EMPLOYEES WERE ASKED TO TAKE FURLOUE DAYS ,  AND THEY NEED MONEY TO PAY THERE BILLS.                                                                                ABOUT  I LIVE IN A ZOO AND DEMOCRATS AS FAR AS I CAN REMEMBER THE ELECTIONS IN WAREHAM WERE NON PARTZAN TILL JOHN DONAHUE MADE IT PARTIZAN AND BROUGHT THE LOCAL DEMOCRAT PARTY INTO THE ELECTION , IT SHOULD NEVER BEEN MADE PARTIZAN, REPUBLICANS AND  DEMOCRATS ALIKE CARE FOR THERE TOWN  AND ALL 5 SELECTMEN ARE DEMOCRATS.                                                                                                                                                                           THE HAND PICKED CHARTER REVIEW COMMITEE WILL CALL FOR  A MAYOR FORM OF GOV. WE DONT NEED A MAYOR DONAHUE OR MAYOR BRUCE WITH A 100 K SALERY OR CONCILMAN BRENDA MAKING 75 K  . WITH THERE BENEFITS AND RETIREMENT PACKAGE AND WE WOULD STILL NEED A TA .    THEN THEY WOULD GET WESTFIELD THROUGH AND THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE WOULD BE LOST , VOTE AGAINST THIS.

#16 2009-07-04 19:34:08

TO DANOCONNEL THERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN PROBLEMS WITH WAREHAM GOV  AND A LOT OF INFIGHTING  , THE   DECADE OF THE 1990, S  WERE NOT BAD, BUT THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANYTHING AS BAD AS IT IS NOW , THERE IS CORUPITION IN THE TOWN OF WAREWHAM , THEY ALL HAVE TO BE RECALLED EXCEPT CRUZ AS HE JUST GOT ELECTED, ANS AS FAR AS YOU GETTING INFO FROM THE RAG , SLAGER IS THE BIGGEST LIAR THAT EVER WALKED THE  EARTH.

#17 2009-07-04 19:35:16

The problem is that the dominating members of the Democratic Town committee do not have democratic values.  Somewhere along the way, these were lost.

#18 2009-07-04 19:45:26

/

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-04 19:47:29)

#19 2009-07-04 22:30:52

The way I see it you have very high level democrats both on the state and national level who support John Donahue, birds of a feather flock together so they say. Marc Pachecco, Barney Frank, John Kerry have all been more than helpful to the leader of the Communist Town Committee. Therefore, no vote from me. Think about hwo they hang around with and the options narrow. In my opinion I need to make a stand that when you support people like JD then voters will not vote for you. I have talked to some of the state democrats who visit the town I work in and they all feed me this line of bullshit about how this isn't what the party stands for and then low and behold appear their pictures on the TDC website with big smiles and JD. Strange.
I went to the fireworks and they were the worste I have ever seen. People started leaving after about 15 minutes and we were not far behind. Onset center was a nightmare and I am sure their will be trouble tonight. Kids everywhere, at least where I was. It was nothing like years past. The police will be overwhelmed tonight with crowd control, traffic and the trouble that is sure to brew. Overall what I saw tonight was how far we as a community have gone backwards. Then I got to thinking, how is our municipal maintenance going to clean up this mess with only a few men, even assuming they all come in for the overtime, what a big mess. For the first time in my life I am not sure that I will go back. I am very sad at the level of incompetence these "leaders" have shown and their inability to move the community forward is shining tonight.

#20 2009-07-05 02:36:39

these are my sentments exactley, and i did not go to the fire works , i boycoted them i cant see haveing them and laying off people  , maybe  john and jane will come down and sweep . johe donahue ruined this town many years ago when he was selling abatments for votes and now he is makeing a comeback and a lot of people forgot, and why i like the library , jane leaned on  pacheco to have the library recertified when it should not have been, the library director voted with her feet out the door,DO YOU KNOW THAT THEY WERE TOLD THEY COULD NOT TURN ON THE AIR CONDITIONERAT THE LIBRARY FROM SANDQUIST, WHO GETS HIS MARCHING  ORDERS FROM BROCTON BRENDA. WELL AT THE SAME TIME THAT GOD FORSAKEN SANDQUIST SITS WITH HIS FAT ASS IN AN AIR CONDITIONED ROOM.        THIS IS THE SAME SADQUIST WHO HAS APPLIED AT OTHER TOWNS RECENTLY FOR TA AND WAS  QUICKLY SHOWN THE DOOR.                                 PACHECO. BARNEY FRANK,AND KERRY ARE ALL BAD NEWS , AND TO MOLLEY I CAN TELL YOU ARE A LIBRARY SUPORTER AND SO AM I BUT IT IS NOT PREDJUDICE NOT TO VOTE FOR THESE GUYS , THEY HAVE BEEN IN TO LONG THESE GUYS ARE ASS HOLES, PLAIN AND SIMPLE AND THEY DONT GIVE A RATS ASS ABOUT WAREHAMS PLITE,     THERE IS AN ECONOMIC SOWNTURN IN THE COUNTRY AND THESE SELECTMEN HAVE USED THIS DOWNTURN TO SETTLE OLS SCORES.                                               WHY THEY FORCE OUT BELL ON COUNCIL ON AGEING AND CUT HER PAY AND PAYED THE NEW DIRECTOR MORE , WHY DID THEY PAY THE EDIC DERCTOR MORE THAN THE LAST ONE AND WHY DID THAY CUT THE PAY OF SUSAN 25% ONLY TO ADERVERTISE THE NEW LIBRARY DIRECTORS JOB FOR AT LEAST 40% MORE THAN WHAT SUSAN GOT WHWN SHE WAS THERE 20 YEARS  AND THIS NEW LIBRARY DIRECTOR WOULD BE JUST STARTING OUT, I PREDICT THEY WILL HAVE A HARD TIME GETTING A DIRECTOR IN WAREHAM .

#21 2009-07-05 02:44:51

BOY COTT EVERTHING THE SELETMAN WANT AT TOWN MEETING , IF THEY WANT FIRE WORKS DONT GO,  IF THEY WANT WESTFIELD VOTE AGAINST IT WITH THE KNOWLEDGE THAT THEY ARE STUPID AND WILL SCREW UP ANJTHING THAT THEY TOUCH, THATS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN GID RID OF THESE ASS HOLES AND I HAVE NEVER IN ALL MY LIFE SEEN BIGGER ASS HOLES THAN THESE GUYS.

#22 2009-07-05 02:50:20

THE CAPE VERDEAN FESTIVAL IS A GOOD THING BUT DONT GO THERE AFTER NITE WITH THE BARS OPEN  THERE WILL NOT BE ENOUGH POLICE PRESENCE AND I WOULD FEAR FOR MY SAFETY. PREVIOUS SELECTMEN CLOSED THE BARS AT 6 00 NOT THESE GUYS AND IF I WERE A POLICEMAN GET THE BLUE FLU AND CALL IN SICK , YOU ALL REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED IN THE BARS A FEW YEARS AGO WHEN THE BARS WERE KEPT OPEN PAST  6 00.

#23 2009-07-05 03:18:14

THESE ARE THE MOST INCOMPEDENT SELECTMEN I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE AND THERE LEADER  BRUCE COULD NOT EVEN RUN A PIZZA JOINT , HOW CAN YOU HAVE A GOOD PIZZA JOINT WHEN YOU STICK A PLASTIC FORK INTO A KIDS HAND T HAT YOU ARE SERVING ORWHEN A COUSTMER COMPLAINS THERE IS PLASTIC IN HIS GRINDER YOU DONT JUST MAKE HIM A NEW ONE , YOU REACH IN WITH YOUR HANDS AND PULL OUT THE PLASTIC AND SLAP THE GRINDER  BACK DOWN ON THE COUNTER AND SAY HERE ,  HIS COUSTOMER BASE DWINDLED WITH THERE SHITY SERVICE AND VOTED WITH THERE FEET TO PAPA GINOS , BUT IN EAREHAM WE GET SHIT ASS SERVICE WE HAVE NO PLACE TO GO , WE  DONT HAVE ANY PLACE TO VOTE WITH ARE FEET  UNLESS WE MOVE OUT OF TOWN AND I HAVE LIVED IN THIS TOWN A LOT LONGER THAN  THESE CROOKS , THEY HAVE TO GO FIRST, ITS EITHER THEM OR ME AND IT AIINT GOINY TO BE ME , I WAS HERE FIRST AND I WANT WAREHAM THE WAY IT USED TO BE  WE HAVE TO FIGHT FOR THE WAREHAM WE WANT , WE DONT HAVE TO BE AFRAID  WE HAVE TO RECALL THESE ASSHOLES  CANDIDATES HAVE TO STEP UP FOR THE FIGHT IF WE WANT TO SAVE WAREHAM , I KNOW IT WILL BE HARD WHAT WITH THAT SLAGER CRAPING ON YOUR PRADE BEFORE YOU EVEN BET STARTED  , WE ALL HAVE TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND WRITE LETTERS TO THE EDITORS  ,THE SELECTMEN HAVE SHIT ON US FAR TO LONG , I FOR ONE WANT TO CHASE THEM OUT WITH PITCH FORKS.

#24 2009-07-05 03:20:35

THESE ARE THE MOST INCOMPEDENT SELECTMEN I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE AND THERE LEADER  BRUCE COULD NOT EVEN RUN A PIZZA JOINT , HOW CAN YOU HAVE A GOOD PIZZA JOINT WHEN YOU STICK A PLASTIC FORK INTO A KIDS HAND T HAT YOU ARE SERVING ORWHEN A COUSTMER COMPLAINS THERE IS PLASTIC IN HIS GRINDER YOU DONT JUST MAKE HIM A NEW ONE , YOU REACH IN WITH YOUR HANDS AND PULL OUT THE PLASTIC AND SLAP THE GRINDER  BACK DOWN ON THE COUNTER AND SAY HERE ,  HIS COUSTOMER BASE DWINDLED WITH THERE SHITY SERVICE AND VOTED WITH THERE FEET TO PAPA GINOS , BUT IN EAREHAM WE GET SHIT ASS SERVICE WE HAVE NO PLACE TO GO , WE  DONT HAVE ANY PLACE TO VOTE WITH ARE FEET  UNLESS WE MOVE OUT OF TOWN AND I HAVE LIVED IN THIS TOWN A LOT LONGER THAN  THESE CROOKS , THEY HAVE TO GO FIRST, ITS EITHER THEM OR ME AND IT AIINT GOINY TO BE ME , I WAS HERE FIRST AND I WANT WAREHAM THE WAY IT USED TO BE  WE HAVE TO FIGHT FOR THE WAREHAM WE WANT , WE DONT HAVE TO BE AFRAID  WE HAVE TO RECALL THESE ASSHOLES  CANDIDATES HAVE TO STEP UP FOR THE FIGHT IF WE WANT TO SAVE WAREHAM , I KNOW IT WILL BE HARD WHAT WITH THAT SLAGER CRAPING ON YOUR PRADE BEFORE YOU EVEN BET STARTED  , WE ALL HAVE TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND WRITE LETTERS TO THE EDITORS  ,THE SELECTMEN HAVE SHIT ON US FAR TO LONG , I FOR ONE WANT TO CHASE THEM OUT WITH PITCH FORKS.

#25 2009-07-05 07:08:52

another reason there was not enough police presence last nite at the fire works is that the selectmen did not tell the sherifs dept in time and they had other commitments and they could not send the 25 or so officers they usually send, probaly to busy have ing illegal meetings about the blogers.

#26 2009-07-05 10:09:44

It is outrageous if the ITA has denied airconditioning in the libraary and all other town offices have AC.  Maybe now that Susan has left, they will stop their childish vendetta.  Emotionally secure individuals recognize what a sad day it is for Wareham now that Susan has moved on. They will not find a smarter and more dedicated individual who will care for both the town and the library.

I noticed too that for all the complaints about town employee salaries, new salaries are just as high or higher.

#27 2009-07-05 10:26:26

Mixie wrote:

I noticed too that for all the complaints about town employee salaries, new salaries are just as high or higher.

That "speaks volumes" to use a Ragman phrase.  The BOS could be setting the salaries at whatever they want, much less if they think the positions are overpaid.  They aren't.  They're hiring new people at the same rates as those who have been canned, retired, resigned, etc. because they're finding that within whatever industry the job falls under, people aren't going to take these jobs for less than what is being paid already.

That tends to happen when you DO SOME RESEARCH.  If they'd only start researching before they start blowing hot air, the town would be in a lot better shape.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-07-05 10:27:04)

#28 2009-07-05 11:42:11

Mr. O'Connell,
You are definetly a generous man to share your knowledge of the history of Wareham.  In 2000, I stepped back onto Wareham soil - many years after two especially happy experiences: 1) as an 8 yr old on a week's vacation from Brockton in the late 40's and 2) as a graduating senior after my HS Field Day.

I regret ever having a delusion of building a summer family homestead in Wareham for my growing family scattered around the country.  I was attacked on all fronts.  No decent person could imagine that in this Country - or any democracy - that the magnitude of corruption and irresponsibility could be not only tolerated but accepted as the "norm".

Is it true that about half of the property owners in Wareham are seasonal residents?  Most of these folks are not allowed to vote during Town meeting, at all.  In Connecticut and some other States, subscribing to Town Government System,  property owners can vote on BUDGET ARTICLES.  In Mass, this privilege is permitted  - if adopted by Charter.  Wareham may have more responsible government and administration if the people who pay the bills have a stronger voice.  Wareham has "Taxation without Representation".  How about the Boston Tea party? Have we also forgotten that part of our History?

John Adams and our other forefathers risked all they had to ensure against the very things that are happening in Wareham.  The Selectman are violating the BIRTHRIGHT of all its citizens.

Mr. O'Connell,

Please share your memories and knowledge of the history of this beautiful community.  I understand that problem spots of Onset, Swifts Beach and the other beach colonies had great influxes from the Cities starting in the early 20's.  The summer folks were a major part of the community - many settling permanently or retiring to their renovated seasonal homes for the summer and spending the winters in the South.

Obviously you still care about the Wareham Community.

#29 2009-07-05 14:14:02

THE TOWN WAS NOTIFIED WEEKS AGO THAT STATE AID WILL BE CUT 400,000 DOLLARS THIS FISCAL YEAR. THIS MEANS MORE LAYOFFS AND FURLOUGHS. WHAT IT DOESNT MEAN I GUESS IS CUTTING FIREWORKS, FESTIVALS, AND COMPUTER "AUDITS"

#30 2009-07-05 15:35:32

To Waterview...Thank you for your kind response. I can recall that when I was a Selectman, I would counsel summer residents who owned property in Wareham to split thier voting rights. In other words, if folks came from other parts of Mass. or any other State, I would recommend that the wife register to vote in their "home" Town, and the husband register to vote in Wareham. I don't believe there was a minimum residency requirement then. If you owned property, even though it wasn't what you and I would call a homestead, you were allowed to register to vote and of course attend Town Meeting. In fact, in those days, we reserved the balcony of the Town Hall Auditorium for the spouses of folks I described and others who wished to watch the proceedings but could not speak or vote .There were times that the Town Meeting members voted to allow some people to speak from the balcony.
Consider that if you are not yet registered to vote in Wareham. Yes, I still care for Wareham. It was were I was born and raised and spent 33 years. I loved it then, I love it now. I am sad about what is happening, but, I really believe that there are some very fine people out there, like you and others who visit this site, that can learn from the past and adapt to the present. I believe that with forums like this, the chances of resolving Town issues are a 100 times greater than when I was in office.
It's not the fight that's important..it's how you fight the fight.
There is no greater weapon, especially against a Politician, than knowledge.
Thanks again for your kind words. I am going to decide over this weekend if I will write the history of Wareham/Onset. I have been pleased by the responses I have received, and if I continue to hear such positive responses I feel compelled to write the story as I remember it, and to share some very interesting things with the viewers and members of this site.

#31 2009-07-05 16:53:13

Does anyone know how it went last night in Onset?  I haven't heard anything bad.  Except there were some dudd fireworks at the beginning. Anybody get hurt? Arrested? Beat uP.  Just curious.

#32 2009-07-05 16:58:29

Mr. O'Connell,

I feel that the seasonal people are not aware of their rights.  They could be a valuable
asset to the community- as in Florida - as volunteers, committee members, and active participants who have knowlege and experience.  Some of these older citizens may help restore a standard of conducting Town business in a professional and ethical manner without the lawyers and infighting and big city politics.

Looking forward to your history.  You may find that other people will come forward and contribute to your effort. If people want to contribute do you have an email address?

#33 2009-07-05 18:35:30

The only contribution that I need, or ever will need, is your input. However, I am happy to give you my e-mail address and I look forward to hearing from everyone who wishes to contact me.
E-mail: danoconnelljr@msn.com
Thank you again for your interest. Do I know you?

#34 2009-07-05 22:00:46

I have never had the pleasure of meeting you, but i recall reading your "Letter to the Editor" from a couple of years ago.  There was no contact information.  I will contact you through your email address within the week.

#35 2009-07-06 08:28:47

I have already heard from a couple of people via e-mail. I welcome anyone to write me. Thank you..

#36 2009-07-06 09:24:01

GWB

I still very much hope you begin to write your memories. Even if some of the stuff is bad. If it helps to allow some of us who may not be sure of how we got to where we our now ,so that we may change our future then it needs to be told. Mabey a weekly series from you covering different periods going back as far as you can remember? I am looking very forward to seeing what you have to say.

#37 2009-07-06 18:51:31

Dan,

Since you were a real police perhaps you'd want to go to the Crime Watch thread and weigh in on that with you opinions.

We are seriously considering moving to Wareham since we have many friends there and our town isn't near the water. We like everything about the town except the politics and the crime in Onset.

We are always checking out houses online and who knows if the right one turns up at the right price  we might buy it and then put our house on the market.

If you have pictures of old Wareham on your computer it is easy to put them on this message board. If you just have prints and a digital camera the quickest way to get them onto your computer is to simply take pictures of them with a digital camera.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com