#1 2009-06-08 13:24:00

Hello Everyone - I just moved into town recently and there are three houses in my neighborhood that are dealing drugs 24x7.  I've watched dozens of deals happen in broad daylight . . .  Has anyone here dealt with this issue in their neighborhood, if so what was the outcome? and how did you deal with the situation?   Town Cops clearly don't give a crap about the situation.  Neighbors told me that this has gone on for years.  I'm not interested in hearing posts about how I should have done more research before buying the house . . . just interested in possible solutions to the problem. 

Thanks!!

#2 2009-06-08 13:38:49

bigshrimpin wrote:

Hello Everyone - I just moved into town recently and there are three houses in my neighborhood that are dealing drugs 24x7.

Document what's happening; dates and times. Take video if you can, audio and stills if you can't. File a complete report and prepare to testify.

Yeah, it takes time and effort. Don't object this isn't your job. It's your problem. If you don't give a shit, why should anyone else?

#3 2009-06-08 16:41:54

TBL

bigshrimpin wrote:

Town Cops clearly don't give a crap about the situation.

It's not that the police "don't give a crap about the situation" but first they have to have knowledge of what is going on. This town has about 1,200 streets and thousands of houses on those streets. It is impossible for a department of about 45 police officers to know what is happening on every single street. The police also have to follow the letter of the law and abide by very strict search and seizure restrictions that are imposed by the Massachusetts constitution which has even stronger search and seizure restrictions than the U.S. constitution.

So let's say you pass your information along to police detectives. First they have to find have to find the time to muster their resources to target the drug dealers. If case you have not noticed there are a lot of shady things going on in town so the police may not be able to act on your information as quickly as you want. It could take quite a while before they are able do something about the dealers in your neighborhood. They then have to go about building a strong case so they can get a search warrant. They can't just raid a house because you are positive there is drug dealing going on. Then when they raid the house they have to hope they get lucky and raid the house when there are actually drugs inside of it. Sometimes raids are done but the dealers had exhausted their supplies at the time of the raid. If a drug raid is successful it then has to stand up to the toughest test of them all and that is getting the case past ultra liberal Massachusetts judges who are notorious for supressing evidence and dismissing charges. Even if the dealers are convicted they usually get a slap on the wrist.

So basically what I'm saying is the police are pissing into the wind during a hurricane.

#4 2009-06-08 17:37:35

GWB

But TBL you should also add that the police do care and do the best they can with what they have. I can understand your frustration but I also have lived here long enough to know that even though the W.P.D. is not successful all the time in solving the drug problem here they have had some success. Would it not be true that if Big shrimpin took some of Bill W.'s advice and then brought it to the attention of the dectective division that it might help by giving them a clearer picture of what is going on in his neighborhood. Who knows mabey the detective division is already aware of the problem and is looking into it.
   Regardless of what critics may say about the Wareham Police I for one am glad they are on the streets doing the best they can to protect the public.

#5 2009-06-08 20:33:57

Well well well, what a surprise!  If the BOS was not always waging war with the police and empowering the criminal element of this town we would not have such problems. If the BOS did not make the police afraid to arrest any non white person for fear they will called a racist on the word of the criminal. Maybe if the BOS did not fire Lt. Bliss  who developed and created the NAT team for  complete political and personal nonsense we would not have these problems.  Last I checked the hardworking officers and the NAT team had cleaned up an entire section of town and were working with the public to prevent future problems. Maybe if the Chief was able to do his job instead of defending himself against BOS personal attacks, the problem would be under control. This is what happens when you simple want to destroy a entire department for personal reasons. It should be no surprise I saw this coming a mile away. It is going to be a long summer, and you can thank your BOS for it. Oh wait, maybe George Coleman will save the day????  Ya ok  !!!

#6 2009-06-08 21:29:36

I watched 6 more deals go down tonight in 2 hours.  I can imagine that the town's police dept is overwhelmed and needs the help and support of the community to do their job.   It sure sounds like making friends with the dealers (or minding my business) might be more productive and safer than pissing them off.  Documenting every transaction or running a webcam feed to the PD seems like something that might get me killed . . . no???

#7 2009-06-08 22:20:51

TBL

From the Wareham Police website: tip line 508-291-2300 I assume this would be a recorded line where you would not have to identify yourself. But keep in mind anonymous tips only go so far because the information needs to be verified through a extensive investigation.

Also from the police website: tips@warehampolice.com

Take back your neighborhood!

"The police are the people and the people are the police". - Sir Robert Peel

#8 2009-06-09 00:23:17

We had the same problem two summers ago, we met with Chief Joyce and the old town administrator the room was full and in no time at all it was cleaned up

#9 2009-06-09 06:49:46

WELL OF COURSE IT WAS CLEANED UP WE HAD BETTER TOWN ADMINERSTATORS , AGOOD CHIEF , AND BETTER SELECTMAN ,THINGS FOR GOOD GOT DOWN, NOW WE HAVE CROOKS RUNING THE TOWN.

#10 2009-06-09 07:50:33

WHAT KIND OF SELECTMAN CAN CRONAN BE ,CAN HE BE AN OBJECTIVE  SELECTMAN THREW LIFE EXPERIENCES IN DECIDING ISSUES IN TOWN .  CAN HIS LIFE EXPERIENCES OF BEING A CONVIVTED FELON , OF NOT GETTING A PERMIT FOR PUTTING ON  A DECK ON HIS HOUSE AND NOT PAYING THE CONTRACTORS WHO HAVE DONE THE WORK ON HIS HOUSE AND REPEATABLLY STIFFING PEOPLE WHO WORK ON HIS HOUSE BE A GOOD OBJECTIVE SELECTMAN. LET ME KNOW.   HE IS A CROOK IN MY OPINION .      MY NAME IS  C R O N A N  YOU KNOW.

Last edited by ihateliz (2009-06-09 07:51:56)

#11 2009-06-09 09:07:08

TBL

onlyinwareham wrote:

If the BOS did not make the police afraid to arrest any non white person for fear they will called a racist on the word of the criminal.

Sad, but true.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com