#1 2009-06-09 00:11:46

I consider us new in Onset a place we have called home for almost three years.So I am not familiar with the history as most of you are.

We became aware of town business through the free weekly paper. That experience was short lived I sent in a few letters never published, then they began charging and I must admit it was not worth the few cents they were charging.

Recently I stumbled onto this forum and it has got my attention. I think what you have started is a great forum for the average citizen / voter in town to share news and express opinions.

One issue I would like to comment on is the language some use to express their opinions, I believe you can get your opinions known and shared with others without the vulgarity, dropping the F bomb does not make the story more credible, some would argue that it lessens the credibility of the facts.

A viewer's point is taken much more seriously when simply stated and the vulgarity while fun to read for some can damage the reputation and credibility of the speaker.

Just a thought from a new member.

#2 2009-06-09 00:26:55

searay240 wrote:

A viewer's point is taken much more seriously when simply stated and the vulgarity while fun to read for some can damage the reputation and credibility of the speaker.

Paraphrasing Kurt Vonnegut, the treachery and hypocrisy of predators lost its way in the language of reproduction and excretion long before the Victorian era bannished it forever.

Vulgar - that's to say common - expression was condemned, along with opposition to the rotten behaviour it described, and assholes got a free ride.

Cute trick, if you were a king or a cleric. Sorry if you're offended but welcome to the real world of liars, thieves and Selectmen.

Bill Whitehouse

#3 2009-06-09 07:11:21

I AM ONE OF THE BIGGEST OFENDERS OF VULGARITY, AND YOU HAVE A POINT , HOWEVER YOU ARE NEW TO TOWN AND YOU READ THE FREE NEWSPAPER AND MAYBE BELEAVED THEIR LIES , I HAVE LIVED IN THIS TOWN  A LONG TIME AND I AM SICKENED WHAT HAS  HAPPENED TO THIS TOWN, YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE SOME TIME TO FIND OUT WHAT THE TRUTH IS , HOWEVER I AM PISSED  THAT WE HAVE THAT FREE NEWSPAPER YOU PICKED UP TELLING LIES ABOUT PEOPLE AND RUIINING THE REPUTATIONS OF GOOD PEOPLE. THE ENEMIES LIST THAT THEY HAVE AND MAYBE IT ISNT WRITEN DOWN , BUT BARABRA FORD WAS THE FIRST ON THE HIT LIST AND MANY GOOD PEOPLE   HAVE BEEN FORCED OUT SINCE THEN.                               DEPTS  HAVE BEEN CUT   , WHY FOR EX . THERE USED TO BE 50 OR PEOPLE IN MUNCIPAL MAINTENCE  NOW THERE IS 5, NOW GIVE ME A BREAK HOW CAN 5 PEOPLE DO THE JOB OF CLEANING NUP OUR TOWN,       THE PEOPLE RUNNING THIS TOWN ARE CROOKS , ONE WHO WAS ELECTED WAS A CONVICTED FELEON , ANOTHER ONE HAS OVER 30 COMPLAINTS AGAINST  HIM AT THE POLICE DEPT, THEY INSULT PEOPLE WHO COME BEFORE THEM TO TALK TO THEM AND EVEN CALL THE POLICE TO THROW OUT PEOPLE TRYING TO BE HEARD ,   I HAVE THOUGT ABOUT TONING MY LANGUAGE DOWN  BUT UNTILL PEOPLE WAKE UP  ABOUT WHAT IS HAPPENINGIN THIS TOWN I DONT NO IF I CAN.   ALSO MIXIE DOES QUITE GOOD CARTOONS.    WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO DO IS FORCE THESE CLOWNS OUT OF OFFICE AND UNTILL PEOPLE WAKE UP  I JUST MIGHT CALL BRUCE AN ASS HOLE BUT HE SHOULD BE CALLED A CROOK.

#4 2009-06-09 07:41:44

iI BELEAVE THERE ARE  A FEW PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD WHO ARE POLICEMEN, I HAVE A QUESTION I HAVE HEARD THAT THERE ARE OVER 30 COMPLAINTS AGAINST BRUCE AT THE POLICE DEPT ,CAN AN AVERAGE CITZEN GET ACCESS TO THESE COMPLAINTS SINCE HE IS A SELECTMEN THREW THE FREEDOM OF INFOMATION ACT  OR SOME OTHER WAY .  I WOULD LIKE TO TYPE UP HIS RECORD ON THIS  FORUM FOR ALL TO SEE ,  PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

#5 2009-06-09 07:48:29

Welcome to Wareham SeaRay. You probably moved here for the beautiful beaches, quaint villages of Onset and downtown, the close promixaty to the Cape, the natural beauty of this area. We did too, so many years ago.........

Too bad our lovely little piece of heaven on earth has been mismanaged to the point of utter destruction. In the last 4 years this BOS (not a past Board) have managed to ensure that we have:

1. No lifeguards on the beaches.
2. No recreation department.
3. More vacant department head positions than filled (and by the way, no one wats to work for these clowns anyways), but this hurts our bond ratings to not have a strong management team.
4. Our library budget has been slashed in half and it is only certified because Jane kisses Marc Paccheco's behind (remember that on voting day).
5. Our Town Hall has been furloughed one day a week for the past ten weeks (that is 2 weeks of pay for every employee, could you live without 2 weeks of pay this year?)
6. We have laid off half of the municipal maintenance department, don't even call them about the beaches.
7. There is a large sum of money missing from the Health Insurance Trust Fund, it is illegal to spend that money, if there is left over money it should be returned to the employees in the form of lower rates. When this situation hits the fan the poop will fly.
8. This Board has failed to provide transparency in government, failing to keep minutes, meeting illegally, and of course being rude to every person who aks a question or makes a comment they do not like.
9. The Town Moderator used to be the Assessor, until there were some suspicious things going on and the state came in, he left and went on to another Town only to get booted from there too. Recently he was forced to resign from his political (thanks again Senator Paccheco and Senator Kerry) hack job, now that is amazing.
10. This list is by no means inclusive, I could go on all day, the ITA that they have placed all their "faith" in is the same man who was fired (contract not renewed) in Abington back in 2002 because the BOS there saw how inexperienced and incapable he was. But, that is exactly what this Board wants so they can manipulate him.

Welcome to Wareham SeaRay.

#6 2009-06-09 09:19:26

TBL

searay240 wrote:

Just a thought from a new member.

I agree with you searay240 I think the language has turned off a few visitors to the site and reinforced the "hate bloggers" label Slager gave to those that write on here. But with that being said I can also understand the complete frustration that people have with the current board of selectmen and I don't fault them for letting a few F-bombs fly.

#7 2009-06-09 10:06:31

TBL wrote:

I can also understand the complete frustration that people have with the current board of selectmen and I don't fault them for letting a few F-bombs fly.

I thought the woman behind the library's circulation desk was having fun at my expense the other day when she addressed me as sir. She was born and raised in Wareham, after all, and nobody here calls anyone sir or ma'am, unless they're implants from more refined jurisdictions. Or unless they're sharpening their knives for you.

"No," the librarian insisted, "I'm just better than most people." Hear that Bishop-Stang twang?

Screw it, I cuss a lot. I had world class teachers. Fuck our selectmen.

#8 2009-06-09 22:45:34

WELCOME SEARAY,
Glad you found us.  We are a group of many people who post for many different reasons.  None of us are perfect.  Some of us are intellectual, some try to be humorous,  some are sad and angry, but most of us are frustrated with the dishonesty and destructiveness of the BOS and the bobo rag.    I hope you will stick around and share your opinions /information with us. 
Boobie repeatedly demonizes us bloggers. He claims that he prints letters with differing opinions in his rag..thanks for pointing out one more of his untruths.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com