#1 2009-06-03 13:21:56

Check this out folks, the standard times has a new article saying our ever-professional selectman owes something like $181,000+ in taxes. And Slager takes Bruce seriously? Remember when this came up before and Slager wrote in his paper that Bruce owed no back taxes.

Journalism 101---do a little research. Thanks Steve Urbon.

Could the town of Wareham be more embarrassed? Bruce certainly isn't.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbc … 015/TOWN14

Last edited by billw (2009-06-03 14:24:10)

#2 2009-06-03 14:05:33

What does owing money have to do with professionalism? Just wondering.

#4 2009-06-03 14:22:24

Owing the amount of money that is reported he owes and then expecting him to be capeble of the administration of the Towns (YOUR) money is like the Fox in the hen house.  The reprehensible bully is incapable of doing anything honest and truthful.  That includes conducting himself in a professional manner.    For those of you that haven't been paying attention he consistently conducts himself as an uneducated, ignorant boob.

Last edited by Seymor (2009-06-03 14:23:41)

#5 2009-06-03 14:31:39

Standard Times wrote:

The IRS lien against Sauvageau’s home includes back taxes, interest and penalties for the years 2000 through 2004, a total of $161,670.37. The lien is dated Feb. 20, 2008.

Pop quiz, grade school math. What happened to years 2005 through 2009?

Eyes on your papers!

#6 2009-06-03 14:37:24

peaches9 wrote:

What does owing money have to do with professionalism? Just wondering.

If you read the article, you will understand that the correlation is not between owing money (which is also an interesting comparison), but between his reaction and professionalism. I guess my first question is, are you accusing Bruce of being professional in his actions and handling of the Selectmen job? If so, please recall the emotional outbursts and unprofessional statements made while sitting on the board.

#7 2009-06-03 14:41:02

Thanks Seymor. I thought it was obvious. Yelling out profanities at a reporter--that's real professional. Flipping the bird at people from his seat in the BOS meetings (the one that  is still on you tube)--that's real professional too. I could go on, but I'm afraid I'd get carpal tunnel from all that typing. So, I stand by my facetious comment (sorry you didn't get that Peaches/Ragman) that he is ever-professional. At least he is consistent in his bad behavior.

And remember, this is the man who stands up at town meeting chastising the body because charging the admin fee for sewer users is unethical and immoral. What would you call not paying your taxes for 9 years? I guess you don't have to be professional to be a hypocrite. Maybe instead of vacationing in Mexico, he could have paid down that hefty tax bill. Of course, maybe if he got a real job he could pay some of it too.

What is that foul odor coming from the BOS? I'm smelling a recall.

#8 2009-06-03 19:11:55

Bruce has no right to hold public office. you have no right to make policy decisions that affect my taxes or income. you cant pay your own taxes but you cant understand why the town of wareham is in a financial crisis? try paying your taxes! your a financial planner? the sad thing is bob slager has known about this for at least a year. he was given the publication, page number, and amount and he refused to report it. he is biased and not an objective journalist. no one that hides this type of information is not biased. now if the chief of police owed 181,000 dollars in back taxes do you think bob slager would not report on that? thought so!

#9 2009-06-03 19:13:35

IF BRUCE CANT RUN HIS OWN LIFE THAN HOW CAN HE RUN THE TOWN AND WHEN YOU OWE 181 K IN TAXES YOU ARE ONE TRULY DUNB SHIT.   ALSO HE OWES MONEY IN TAXES TO THE TOWN IS THE TAX COLLECTOR GIVING HIM PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT IN NOT PUTTING UP HIS PROPERTY   FOR SALE  IN LEW OF NON PAYMENT IN TAXES..       ALSO RO YOU REMEMBER WHAE PEOPLE BROUGHT OUT THAT BANKER AND TRADESMEN SAID HE OWED TAXES THE RAG SAID HE DIDNT AND TRIED TO COVER UP FOR HIM , I REMEMBER .

#10 2009-06-03 19:16:11

MAYBE THIS IS WHY THE ASSESSOR INFORMATION WAS ACCESSED BY THE BOS ILLEGALLY?

#11 2009-06-03 19:17:23

THIS MAN HAS TO GO TO JAIL FOR NON PAYMENT OF SUCH A LARGE AMOUNT OF TAXES DOES ANY BODY KNOW WHAT THE PEOPLE THAT HE OWES TAXES TOARE DOING  IN TRYING TO COLLECT THE TAXES HE OWES.

#12 2009-06-03 19:20:19

APPARENTLY YOU JUST RUN FOR PUBLIC OFFICE

#13 2009-06-03 19:30:26

You heard it here first.

2009-02-07 08:09:23 - Guess Who Doesn't Pay Their Taxes????

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#14 2009-06-03 19:45:25

ONLY Bruce would think a witty comeback line is "Hey, I owe more than you earn!"

#15 2009-06-03 22:04:57

it is not professional for someone not to pay his fair share of his taxes.  In a way it is like stealing.  He took money that did not belong to him, it belonged to the government, and he spent it - maybe on too many bagels for his buddy so that he could get positive spin on his evil ways????

#16 2009-06-05 07:24:35

From my on-line subscription to Bankers and Tradesmen:

Credit Records, Bankers and Tradesmen, January 21, 2008 issue, beginning with Page B21 State Tax Liens.

Wareham
Sauvageau, Bruce D., 188 Swift's Beach Rd., Wareham, 02571-2709
D: 11/20/07
Tax: INCO
Amt: $11,353.00

Here you go Bill W., here's where it all began.  I told 50 people if I told one about this when I found it a year ago.....but apparently nobody listened then.
This is just the original state tax lien.  Folks this has nothing to do with his HOME, his PIZZA business or whether Rose his wife or he own the home.  This is STATE INCOME TAX.....YOU KNOW, WHEN YOU FILE ON APRIL 15TH, YOU PUT A CHECK IN WITH YOUR RETURN....APPARENTLY, BRUCE DOESN'T HAVE TO....(do you know who I am?????)

#17 2009-06-05 07:47:05

All the spin in the world won't make this one go away. But no one is really surprised about this tax business. And just being a real sleaze in your personal life has never kept people from running for or being in political office. Remember, if you will, people voted for Cronan who readily admitted to having a felony conviction. And building a deck without a permit is just another example of his bad above-the-law behavior. Our moderator has been reprimanded by the ethics commission and still gets to run town meeting to favor the bos time and time again. (Let's buy this guy one of those jumbo calculators so he can add the votes up correctly. And how many times will he give the BOS members the floor when the discussion looks like it is going against them?--and forget to remind the time keeper that the clock isn't running for them but shut off a citizen when the mood strikes?)

If we want these wing nuts out of office, we need to concentrate on their behavior as members of the BOS. So, I say let's concentrate on this executive session business. I heard there was a recording and someone was doing the transcript. Is that true?

If it is, what can be done about it? This is way out of my area of expertise, but it seems like you can't go into exec. session without first being in open meeting. Then, you can't talk about employees without giving them prior notice and allowing them to be present with counsel. If all this is true, then they deserve more than a wrist slapping for open meeting violation from the AG's office.

Slager says it is all out WAR in his latest online crap. The war was started by the BOS and their butt sniffer/licker Slager. Wareham and its people deserve to live in peace. What can we do?? Any ideas on how to make this one work for the people?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com