#1 2009-05-28 14:03:18

Maple Springs Man asked for a list of blunders for recall purposes. I don't know them all, but let's use this thread to create a list. Here are some:

1. Violated open meeting law twice
2. Fired McAuliffe because he wouldn't be their puppet--cost us $$
3. Fired Bob Bliss--heard he is suing--$$
4. Fired Don Bliss
5. Fired Chuck Gricus--paid him $$ as result of suit
6. Lost the Tucy fight--$$ legal fees
7. Filed an illegal cease and desist against agricultural expempted bog owners--big legal fees coming$$$$$$
8. Illegally dismissed Board of Trustees and sued Library Friends-legal fees still not done$$$$
9. Illegally posted a 10 mile an hour sign-may cost us $$$
10. Tried to kick out chief of police but learned he is civil service
11. Publicly humiliated town employees at town meeting and at weekly bos meetings
12. Publicly called a police officer a racist and did not apologize
13. Keep trying to push through a whacky nitrogen law when town meeting has voted it down three times
14. Got rid of Debbie Bell and Marilyn Whalley
15.  Doing a town wide seizure of hard drives in computers
16. Tried to push their own budget at town meeting a couple years ago forcing fin com to quit
17. Dismiss petitions when they don't like the names of the people on the petition
18. Use K and P at the drop of a hat costing us huge $$$$
20. Ignored the state's ruling on Wakinko Drive
21. Advised town meeting that DOR said it was illegal to vote CPC money for Swift's Beach but we should do it anyway
22. Violated town charter more than a year ago moving all town records from library to town hall
23. Are going ahead on Westfield when Town Meeting voted NO

Ok someone, start with number 24. My brain is fried thinking about these jokers. Let's not make it personal (sure it's interesting to know whose husband got fired, who lied on student loans and then defaulted, who got repos and who filed bankruptcy, who built decks without permits etc. but that doesn't belong in recall. It has to be bos related).

#2 2009-05-28 15:13:37

I think 24 is enough to get the movement started. If you want to proceed, I'll see what I can find out about a recall vote and go from there. It's time to wake up the voters in Wareham and get this going!

#3 2009-05-29 11:35:31

Last edited by indianchief (2009-05-30 21:28:36)

#4 2009-05-29 17:03:42

TBL

Actually indianchief, your post is number 24. Maplesprings Road Man didn't add to the list. Here are two things I can remember that have not been mentioned yet.

25. Demanded an outside investigation of the Onset incident last summer even though there clearly was no need for one.

26. Encouraged citizen complaints against the police encouraging the likes of a now deceased career criminal and a career con man (who recently tried to run over two Barnstable police officers when they approached him to question him about a big fraud scheme he had going), to come forward and complain about the Wareham Police. Both number 25 and 26 could expose the town to liability and encourage frivolous law suits.

27. Had the town administrator suspend the police chief for issuing a press release that cast the board of selectmen and town administrator in a bad light.

28. Made statements that implied that Wareham police officers are out of control and undiscilpined.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com