#1 2009-04-14 11:37:24

Last nights District Meeting was a disgrace. Are these people that are running the show really interested in the good of the district or are they on a personnel agenda? We have the Donahues. Did they realize that they showed thier true colors last night. First Lil Johnnie gets pushed outta his moderators seat. Hmmm I think people were sending you a message Johnnie.(They are sick of the BS) Then we have Mary Beth, who without Brother Johnnie pulling her strings and telling her when to speak and what to say, was in way over her head. Then we have Selectwoman Donahue get up and throw some support to her Sister-in-law. Did anyone notice the Donahue clan outside the auditorium making calls to bolster support for article 14. Some of these people were venturing into thier very first meeting, just because they were called to arms. Now the Donahues claim they are all about the best interest of the town and the district correct. So why did they gather so much support for $60K(the Clerk Treasurers Job) and once they were sure that was all set the Donhue puppets got up and walked out on the rest of the meeting, leaving the rest of the truely concerned district voters to vote on over 7 million dollars. Disgusting!! Hey, sorry you were called away from CSI Miami just to save the job of someone who would surely step on your back to get ahead, but you were made to feel important. (What an esteem booster) I think the people are finally getting fed up with it all and are ready to make some positive changes.
We got to hear from the PruCom members, although the only one that made sense or actually had a clue was Margret. The others really need to watch themselves on video, then maybe they would just sit and smile.
We did have the RAGMAN and his life support sytem BRUCIE make a showing. I guess the entertainment value wasn't enough without the 2 clowns from the BOS.
Mike Martin, well I'll just say this. Well said, well presented and well prepared!You speak to the people not at them, something others should think about before opening thier mouths.
The Fire Chief, he did a great job flying under the radar until Mr Swett fronted him out and he fumbled through his paperwork, only to lose part of his Protective Equipment to an ammendment made by Selectwoman Donahue. I would have thought the Chief would have gladly pursued this article, even though he didn't personally instert it in the warrant. (The Chief is appointed by the PruCom) Is this why the Fire Chiefs never raised a hand during a vote? Be yourself guys, you are known in this town and we do watch how you respond in certain instances. Walk tall and carry a big stick, or just sit there and hope you aren't asked questions.
Point of ineterst: In military and paramilitary organizations, hats aka. covers, are worn indoors when under colors or under arms only. The police officer was obviously under arms, there was no flag present, so why was the Chief strutting around with his hat on? Oh yeah it looked cool.
I could go on, but I am curious as to the take on the meeting trhough the eyes of some of you others. Lets hear it.

#2 2009-04-14 12:25:04

I snuck in, quickly got disgusted, couldn't keep my eyes open and snuck out.

The crowd seemed reminiscent of  a visit I once paid to a friend on a psych ward, all his fellow inmates tanked to the gills on Thorazine.

Really, what's it going to take to get the residents of this town to act in their own self interest?

#3 2009-04-14 12:35:53

its a disgusting shame what the donahues are doing to this town and it truly discusts me, they are worse than the mafia crime sinitacate,and i hope the town will wake up but i am not holding my breath.

#4 2009-04-14 13:00:17

No mention of any of this in the Rag?  He must be leaving that light on full blast...

#5 2009-04-14 13:06:00

JOHN DONAHUE FIRED FROM HIS JOB AS FIRE DEPT MODERATOR, THEM HIS SUPORTERS RUN OUT WITH THEIR CELL PHONES TO CALL IN REINFORCEMENTS AND SAVE JOHNS DUMB ASS SISTER WOULD NOT HIRE HER AS A SALES CLERK AT WALMART. ITS NOT THE TOWN THEY CARE FOR ITS THE DONAHUES , WHEN WILL THIS TOWN WAKE UP. THIS MAKES THE 4 TH TIME  JOHN WAS FIRED , WHAT A DUMB ASS.

#6 2009-04-14 13:10:07

A department under the Cat Lady's watch having so many problems that the only way to cure it is to move a position from elected to appointed? 

Talk about Deja vu!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wvoLtwni0kc/RflP1LzNI2I/AAAAAAAAHKk/Y0Vyv_zVCbI/s320/cat+lady+simpsons.JPG

Any chance that the people will stand up and get out to vote her out this Saturday?

#7 2009-04-14 13:22:06

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/catlady.png ~or~ https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/jabbathehut.png

You decide.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#8 2009-04-14 13:25:22

LIZ  WAS WAREHAM CLERK - TREASUER HER  JOB WAS CHANGED FROM ELECTED TO APPOINED , SHE TRULEY FUCKED THAT JOB  UP, WHAT IS THE FIRE DEPT A DUMPING GROUND  FOR DUMB ASS HOLES.  IS AFFIRMATIVE ACTION GONE AMUCK AT THE WAREHAM FIRE DEPT,  THIS SURE A DRAIN ON MY WALLET PAYING 2 PEOPLE TO DO ONE JOB AT THE FIRE DEPT AND THE DOR CALLED IN.  AND LIZ GETS PAID 99 % HEALTH CARE , A PAYROLL STIPEND AND WE HAVE TO HOSE HER DOWN ONCE A MONTH WITH A FIRE TRUCK TO GIVE HER  HER MONTHLY BATH,  CANT STAND THE SMELL  ANY LONGER THAN ONCE A MONTH.  DOES SHE HAVE SEX WITH HER CATS ,  I GUESS SO DO YOU KNOW ANY MAN THAT WOULD KISS THAT MISSERABLE DOG.

#9 2009-04-14 13:53:24

GLAD THAT DONAHUE WAS VOTED OUT. HE WAS FIRED FROM HIS PROBATION OFFICER POSITION BECAUSE OF HIS WORK PERFORMANCE. OBVIOUSLY THIS GUY DOESNT DO THE WORK OR HE WOULDNT HAVE BEEN FIRED FROM DISTRICT MODERATOR, PROBATION OFFICER, ASSESSOR SOMERSET, ASSESSOR WAREHAM. JESUS I HAVE NEVER BEEN FIRED FROM A JOB IN MY WHOLE LIFE.

#10 2009-04-14 15:35:49

Just a few thoughts on last night's meeting:

1)  Mr. Donahue unethically made an attempt to moderate over a meeting where his sister's job was at
stake.

2)  The Donahue machine can elect anyone with the exception of...Mr. Donahue.  Ironic.

3) Put a Cat Lady in charge and history will repeat itself. 

4) The light the Ragman left on for the Cat Lady means no light is shed on problems in the fire district.  Not that any light on it was ever shed before in the rag...one of the many reasons why public officials shouldn't work for newspapers.

5)  The level of mental gymnastics the Ragman will have to go through just to put a positive spin on this for his side will be of Olympian proportions.

6)  There is so much bipartisan disgust in Donahue's moderation skills that a trained circus chimpanzee could run against him next year and win in a landslide.  Someone with brains should consider a run.

7) Get out this Saturday and send the Cat Lady packin.  Vote for DeBlois and Enos.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-04-14 16:23:20)

#11 2009-04-14 17:36:09

The Cat Lady -

Shown here wheeling away her severance package from Ragserver Multi-Mega Media Corp Incorporated:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/27/60141523_f3856b91d7_o.png

#12 2009-04-14 17:56:08

Oh God, Ragman has his new spin column out on this already  Just summarizing - according to the Ragman, it was "political" to vote Donahue out as moderator.  No, how about, when one of the warrant articles directly affected his sister, it was the only ethical thing to do, and if a so-called power eliter tried to preside over an article that affected a family member, you'd be all over that person, you hypocritical bullshit artist.

Brucey questioned St. Pierre's residency status.  Give me a break.  Jimmy lived in Bourne and they didn't care.  St. Pierre has lived and owned a business in Wareham for decades, and they give him a load of crap because he owns some property in Marion.

The truth hurts, Ragman, and the truth is that you ignored the district's financial mess for far too long because the Cat Lady needed the insurance benefits, and you're too incompetent to run your newspaper successfully enough to pay it for her.

When your side wins a town meeting issue, you say it's the will of the people.  When the opposition wins an issue, you say they "stacked" the meeting. 

You'd actually argue that Donahue should have been allowed to preside over an article that his sister had a financial stake in.  Ragman, go on to Wikipedia, look up "hypocrite" and put a picture of yourself in there.

Shouldn't the Ragman have mentioned in his article that one of the Prudential committee members is the founder of his paper, his former employee, and that a light is currently being left on for her?

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-04-14 18:00:56)

#13 2009-04-14 21:47:22

It was unfortunate that Donahue was fired from his moderating position because that gave them the heads up that everyone attending might not be there to support them.  As a result, they got out the cell phones and called in their political favors....why isn't that considered stacking the meeting?  And then isn't everyone who spoke on behalf of Fernandes a relative of hers?  Should that have  been disclosed?  The vote for further study was close:  72 to 63.  At least it wasn't a landslide.  There's hope for a better tomorrow.

Now about Elizabeth....she has done enough to anger all of us, but I think we need to be careful that we (dumb cliche) don't cut off our nose to spite our face.   I've heard that Eliz does a reasonably good job on the Pru. (even though I wanted to smack her for her crap last night)  I would ask what is your over all goal for the pru and for this town and then take a look at who the candidates are and who will get you where you want to go.   Just a thought to consider.

#14 2009-04-14 23:33:47

Ragman writes, "It’s time to put aside the politics. It’s time to file away the personal vendettas and the egos and the immature insistence on being proven right."

Good idea, Ragman.  Anytime you want to go ahead and start doing that, that would be great.  Shutting down your hate rag would be a good start.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-04-14 23:34:50)

#15 2009-04-15 22:34:11

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Ragman writes, "It’s time to put aside the politics. It’s time to file away the personal vendettas and the egos and the immature insistence on being proven right."

Good idea, Ragman.  Anytime you want to go ahead and start doing that, that would be great.  Shutting down your hate rag would be a good start.

That is so true...if there is anyone who spews hate, it is slagerk and his rag.  It would be nice to have a journalist who could put aside politics to report the news accurately instead of as his private soap box.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com