#1 2009-04-06 15:07:53

We each need to vote, it's understood. But regardless of the outcome of this election I think that 15% of the registered voters ought not to be considered as high turnout or a genuine representation of what this community feels and thinks. In our community, this is indeed sad. And when a public official such as the Clerk pronounces it as a high turnout (in the S-T) , it underscores the degree of apathy in Wareham.

Wareham can be changed. It may not involve protest, but it needs to take place on a door to door basis. Without exploring and understanding many of the apprehensions and thoughts of our neighbors, it will be difficult to achieve any headway so that our town can be taken back. The internet, while promising is not enough. Nor certainly will the Rag prove to be longlived. We need to reconnect with our neighbors so that common sense and positive feelings may prevail.

Let's all be there:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=530Hqoamf3Q

#2 2009-04-06 15:26:14

wag the dog wrote:

The internet, while promising is not enough. Nor certainly will the Rag prove to be longlived. We need to reconnect with our neighbors so that common sense and positive feelings may prevail.

How about a potluck when the weather finally turns nice?

#3 2009-04-10 10:37:35

Nah, a BBQ is much more fun and the roast ought to be ready for our TM event where 15% could play into a much more focused force.

#4 2009-04-10 11:16:06

Im just a little dismayed at slagers cheer for the cv community.  As it reads cape verdeans now have a representative on the highest board and they should cherish it?   So i guess the existing board was not interested in the issues of cape verdeans and were not representative of all citizens in town.    and now that will change.   Shouldnt we all be glad to have a good guy in there?   shouldnt we all cherish it ?  Do people of cape verdean descent need to be told to cherish it im sure they already do without your direction bob.

between the race baiting and that paragraph i am a little concerned.  no bother I think i know how you really feel bob from halifax

Last edited by oneeardog (2009-04-10 11:17:33)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com