#1 2009-02-15 09:16:21

liz is a mizerable person the town workers from the street workers dept  are giving her her monthly bath with a stiff broom well while she is outside i want to ask people out their do you think im crazey how have this secret desire to crap on her face when she is aslleepm at nite i just cant stand it the way she has treated her freinds these  past few years she has no heart no conscience she sold her papper to slager for  5  thousand and bought a new beret  a  green  dress an d  a beige sweater which she wears every day  she smells worse than us cats  seems like judas  who sold out jesus  what a pathtic person now slager fired her now she is home  driving us crazey  she is  a miserabe person  still a vergin her  problem is she has never been out  with a man no man can stand this  bossey hatefull person except slager they are 2 of a kind 2 losers who never amounted  2 anything 2 haters  2 liars   she now uses his pappers for us to crap on

#2 2009-02-15 15:32:36

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/467_kitties.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Last edited by Mixie (2009-02-16 10:47:38)

#3 2009-02-16 10:54:50

See...if the point of this site is to achieve credibility by presenting a fair and opposite view from that which is typically offered in Slager's paper, these types of very personal attacks do just the opposite.  I'll state again that I think Slager has a clear ax to grind; despite his claim of being independent and transparent.  However, what is the point of cheap and childish rants like this?

If you truly care about how Wareham is being governed and want to use a public forum such as this to argue your position and to provide a credible outlet to present the opposite point of view, you will lose people very quickly.  As a result, your message gets lost in the BS since people won't see beyond this stuff.

Perhaps I just don't get it or perhaps I'm missing the point of this website completely.  Otherwise, you have two sides equally retreated to the far left and right of their beliefs with no purpose other than trying to draw attention to themselves.

#4 2009-02-16 13:35:21

reply  to independant voice i know your right but these 2 people have caused so much pain so much hurt to people in town and were allowed to get this way because of spine less people who would not stepup to the plate and alowed them to get this way and allowed good people to get trashed  and elect a board of selectman who have ruined this town and when their goneit will take years to get out from the problems they have caused look at all the people who lifes have been ruined  their have been over 10 people who hve been fired close to retiremeant this papper reported these lies and kept them in power i  will try to raise the discorse in the future  by the way she has cruumey teeth plese dont critize someone s action untill you have walked in the shoes of the comminity where it has left people cryiing ,sleepless nites and some driven to their graves like joe murphey

#5 2009-02-16 17:50:01

IndependentVoice wrote:

See...if the point of this site is to achieve credibility by presenting a fair and opposite view from that which is typically offered in Slager's paper, these types of very personal attacks do just the opposite.

The inmates run this asylum but the site's participants don't share a mission, an agenda or a mythical one Wareham. Most appear deeply offended by the naked and inept aggression Slager and his BOS patrons practice. More than half, I imagine, are employed by the town and confront its rotten consequences every day.

We're flying blind here, IV, and I include myself, a 25 year veteran of computer networks and longer still in news media. I'm thrilled I lived to see it.

#6 2009-02-16 20:20:31

independant voice i think we have had this conversation before.  people are not going  to be turned off by a little humor,  the people targeted in things such as this have besmerched reputations at will/  a little humor helps people cope.     although  i have a great reverence for this site people dont come here for Pseudo intellectual discussions on whether bruce is using ego-ethics, virtue-ethics or if he has totally discarded all judeo-christion beliefs. 

just laugh it's funny

#7 2009-02-17 09:56:51

That's all fine and if I have misunderstood the purpose of the site....then have it....it is your site.

#8 2009-02-17 11:28:49

not mine ..... ind voice does it have to be all or nothing?  sorry if your offended but the site generates thousands of hits it is our only media outlet to refute slager and the bos's lies. until the site manager tells me to do something different i guess i will continue the way i have.

i would still say and urge you to contribut and that you have the ability to voice your opinion in your way here. 
trust me nothing would make me happier than to have more decorum reverance and respect for one another in this world but i would argue that they have thrown all that out the window and are not worthy.  that is just my opinion

#9 2009-02-17 12:28:16

Thank you, twoear, I could not have said it better myself.

I'll add, though, that small media markets like Wareham are the canary in the mineshaft for a future without news coverage as we knew it and this isn't quite the same; ain't near as polished and polite as some might like, but it is self policing. And it's only a nickle!

All views are welcome. Just remember where you are and wear flame retardant undies.

#10 2009-02-18 13:24:23

I'm not offended in at all....just questioning the viciousness of the attacks.  I've followed Bob Slager and his tired act where he hides behind a blanket of so-callled journalistic integrity while he is actually trying to draw attention to himself and trying to put himself into the middle of every major controversy in town.  I don't question your dislike of him, his paper or his style....as he and is paper are shameful, "amateurish", decieving and biased.

My only point, which I now understand to be incorrect, was that if the goal of this site was to call him out and to provide an alternative to that style or the other side of Wareham politics, that the comments would be less personal....that's all.  Now that I understand that was not necessarily the case, my point is really moot.

I may not care for the personal attacks but I can read in between those and find real and often unreported information that you will never find in his paper.  THAT is is my real problem with Slager....he claims to report all the facts but rarely does.  He CLAIMS to be this journalist that is driven by journalistic ethics but is really using his paper as sound board for those in his corner.  He doesn't report news....he reports how the "Observer Learned" of this and how this person or that person hates him or the Observer, etc, etc.   You can't get through a paragraph without learning how he or his paper is involved.  THAT is not news reporting.

I know how he operates.  I posted on the ST website I think it was a few months ago.  He responded by posting that he knew who I was because an inside source told him...that I was an employee of the courier or something like that.  When I responded telling him how wrong he was and to present his evidence, he claimed it was a joke.

#11 2009-02-18 14:13:45

IV I remember, now that you mention it, that whole exchange.  Robert Slager uses those tactics to intimidate others, probably into remaining quiet.  He has accused me of being someone else too, but he always wrong.  And even though he is wrong, he still posts the name of the person he thinks I am in his paper and unnecessarily jeers the person.  What a dork!

#12 2009-02-18 19:20:09

You reminded me of something else that he does with his "jeers" and "cheers" section.....  He'll throw Bruce into the "Jeers" every so often as an attempt to show you how fair and balanced he is.  Likewise, he'll put someone he despises, like the police, into the "Cheers" section.  Such a joke.

#13 2009-02-18 20:32:13

IndependentVoice wrote:

You reminded me of something else that he does with his "jeers" and "cheers" section.....  He'll throw Bruce into the "Jeers" every so often as an attempt to show you how fair and balanced he is.  Likewise, he'll put someone he despises, like the police, into the "Cheers" section.  Such a joke.

The only difference is that when Robert Slager throws the town a bone by putting Bruce in the jeers section, he tempers what he says about Brucie.  He never throws him to the wolves as he does to the more upstanding and honorable members of the community.  I wonder if Bruce and Robert Slager are both angry men who feel better about themselves when they get to put honorable people through the ringer.  And you are right, he uses his rag to promote himself...."oh I bet I won't get a thank you note from the Library staff for the thousand dollars that I sent to them"  He gets to pat himself on the back while putting down someone else for absolutely no reason.  Why didn't he just use his giant headlines and write " Hey everyone the Observer has donated one thousand dollars to the Library.  Please send me accolades...blah...blah...blah"  I hate the way he uses his paper to hurt honest, hardworking people.  There are plenty of people in this town who work unselfishly and harder than the town clerk.  (not that she doesn't work hard)

#14 2009-02-19 10:09:33

Right...and like I've said...my biggest issue with his style is how he injects himself into most major stories.  It can't be a story just about the struggles between the police and the BOS in a factual news story.  Rather, the story must include some random note about how the police won't return his calls or something about the Joyce lawsuit agains the Observer.  It can't be a piece about the fact that John Wylde from the Gatemen has cancer but has to be a piece about how HE hasn't always agreed with John Wylde and how HE loves the Gatemen.  It can't be a story about Bruce Savegeau's antics at certain meetings, it has to include how HE is accused of being close to Bruce.   There are countless other examples of this style.

He has every right to cover the news and I suppose he also has the right to inject himself and the Observer into those stories.  However, it would come across much more professionally if he simply reported the news fairly, accurately and factually and then if he decided to editorialize on any subject, do that separately.

I've noticed that he more often than not now puts his "In this Corner" tagline at the top of certain stories now probably to excuse the forthcoming one-sided presentation of whatever he is writing.  This is another example of how he is using his own publication to cover up his bias.

I was originally encouraged when this paper was started.  The Courier is the Courier...not a lot of really local reporting and over time it has become more of a regional news source that happens to cover Wareham.  THAT doesn't work for a weekly publication and I think turned people off....like me.  The Observer, while not as large or not exactly pleasing from a design standpoint, presented an alternative and appeared to provide citizens with hard news option.  What it has become is very disapointing and an obvious lightning rod in town.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com