#1 2009-01-12 10:32:02

Since Bobby doesn't believe in a fact checker or "real" editor.  I'm going to clean up his article a bit. 

After the recap of what appeared in OTHER NEWSPAPERS (no plagerism there since you weren't sent a press release).  Slager continues with...

Oh, where do we begin? First, let’s put aside the fact that Joyce released this statement to his favorite propaganda tool rather than to the Standard-Times or the Observer or any newspaper which might actually ask some questions.

It appeared in the Standard Times on Sunday

It’s also interesting to note that the statement was released several weeks after the fact, when Sauvageau is out of the country on vacation and unable to respond. But we’d prefer to focus on the factual inaccuracies of Joyce’s statement.

I'll bet you know where he is and where he's staying to.  However, Bruce felt to speak out the day after his arrest knowing that no one would be able to counterpoint for at least a week. Why does everything have to be immediate with you?

Joyce claims the judge at Sauvageau’s arraignment never found that there was no factual basis for the arrest. That’s interesting because shortly after the arrest the Standard-Times interviewed Joyce about the incident. The S-T reporter wrote “When asked why Mr. Sauvageau’s license was suspended, Chief Joyce said he did not know and was unable to find the information on the state Registry of Motor Vehicles’ database.”

Which in code means, I don't want to discuss this with you because it's private information.  However, Bruce has pontificated twice since his arrest, so I might as well put out the truth at this point, since Bruce doesn't want to keep it private.

When the Observer went to Wareham District Court to pick up the arrest report, there was no police incident report attached to it. No representative from the Wareham Police Department showed up at Sauvageau’s arraignment.

You obviously don't know the difference between an arrest report and an incident report.  At least you acknowleged there was an arrest report.  And how many times do we have to tell you...OFFICERS DO NOT TESTIFY AT AN ARRAIGNMENT!  Do you know how often they'd be in court if they were at the arraignment and trial?

Besides, you'd want your lawyer present when the officer testifies wouldn't you?  You don't even have one at arraignment.  That's were you pick one.

So there was no information on the RMV database, no police incident report at the courthouse, and no testimony from any Wareham police officer during Sauvageau’s arraignment. So what facts did the judge have to charge Sauvageau?

He had the arrest report.  You said it yourself!

None. That’s why the case was dismissed. Sauvageau said he decided to pay the $50 in court costs rather than hire a lawyer to fight a charge that had already been dismissed. That makes sense to us.

Pay the fee rather than fight the charge that was dismissed?  Did you read your own sentence?!  You PAY THE FEE TO HAVE THE CHARGE DISMISSED!

Sauvageau has repeatedly said he had appealed the fine that allegedly triggered the suspension of his license.

He appealed it to the clerk magistrate.  He lost that.  He then appealed that to a judge.  He lost that too.  There are no more appeals at this point.  He lost.  He didn't pay.

Such an appeal would have kept his license valid until the issue was resolved. Perhaps that’s why there was no record of a suspended license on the RMV database when you looked for it, chief.

Actually, the Chief answered that question.  Bruce went to the registry and has his license taken care of the same day as his arraignment.  So when the Chief looked into it then, yep, it wasn't there.  Now he has the certified copy.

Joyce is taking the art of spinning to a whole new level.

If that's true, he's been reading your paper

Under Massachusetts Law, the penalty for driving with a suspended licence (if found guilty, of course) is imprisonment for not more than 10 days, a fine of between $500 and $1,000, and the suspension or revocation of the license for an additional 60 days. If Sauvageau’s license had been suspended, and a District Attorney would certainly have had the means to find that out quickly, why was Sauvageau allowed to walk away only having to pay $50 in court costs?

BECAUSE YOUR FOUND GUILTY AT TRIAL NOT YOUR ARRAIGNMENT!!!!

The minimum fine for this charge is $500. It seems like a pretty black and white case. Either there was evidence that Sauvageau’s license was suspended or there wasn’t. There wasn’t.

You clearly have NO CLUE how court works, so you will most certainly have you ass handed to you in your civil case.  You think you can just go in there and do what you like.  You'll see.  Then when you lose, you'll say it was fixed or some bullshit like that.

I also found it interesting that Joyce completely side-stepped the matter of Sauvageau’s alleged 1989 warrant for larceny. If there had been a warrant for Sauvageau’s arrest, don’t you think a District Attorney would have been able to find it? Sauvageau was arrested on the warrant charge by Wareham police as well. Did that slip your mind, chief?

Where is your proof that the DA didn't find it?  Is it Bruce's words?

This continues to be a sad joke.

No Slager, The Wareham Observer & Bruce Sauvagneau continue to be a sad joke.

Joyce said Sauvageau was treated like the other 72 operators who were arrested the past year for the same offense. He failed to mention the countless others who weren’t “arrested” for the same offense.

What is your point?  Do you know the circumstances for each and every suspended license stop?

And he actually expects people to believe that half of the cruisers on duty in the entire town that night were needed to arrest a selectman.

When you have a medical at that time of night, actually, ask any of your senile readers....how many cops show up?

Oh, one last thing. If Sauvageau was in fact driving around town for 26 days with a suspended license, what are the odds that he got busted for it on a “random stop” minutes after a selectmen’s meeting in which he discussed racism on the police force?

What are the chances that if he was stopped at any time or on any day that you wouldn't tie it to something he said or did with the Police?  I can see your lead-in now....Selectmen Sauvagneau was arrested on the first day of his license suspension.  No doubt it was because he called Off. Pillsbury a gutless coward over the summer.

Here’s a piece of advice for the chief: If you plan on spinning something, it usually helps if you think it through first.

Listen to your own advice.  You know what, have Bruce put his money where his mouth is.  Take a lie detector test.  Have him pick the testing company.  I'm sure the Police would jump at it.  Then we'll see who's lying.

Slager I know you read all this.  But you are so mentally unstable that you've lost all rational. 

Even if you think we're all bitter, angry, hate-bloggers.... you'd think that if you were a rational person.... when you read something here that didn't add up in you head.... that you would actually look into it to prove it wrong.  Nah!  Why would you do that....

You might find the truth.  No rational person argues a LIE!!

Last edited by commonsense (2009-01-12 10:36:28)

#2 2009-01-12 11:55:03

TBL

Great post commonsense. I would also like to add my two cents because Slager just doesn't get it. So maybe if we keep repeating things to Slager it will eventually sink in. I don't think it will help though, but I will try.

* The police issued a statement at the time of the arrest. My guess is the chief took three weeks to respond because he didn't want to feed your propaganda machine but eventually became fed up with your lies and caved in.

* The chief's letter was sent to legitimate newspapers.

* Mr. Slager, really??? How many times do we have to tell you!!! Police Officers DO NOT appear at arraignments!!! Their presence is not desired or needed at that point. The court overtime costs would be out of control if the police showed up at arraignments. An arraignment is the formal entering of a criminal charge, that's it. It is not a trial.

* Bruce already exhausted his appeal options. He lost, was told to pay, and did not. License suspended.

* Bruce's charge was dismissed because that is how the courts operate. That is why the same troublemakers keep getting arrested and are back on the streets causing problems the very next day. Wareham has a very diligent police force that clogs the court with cases. To deal with the backlog the court takes the path of least resistance and dismisses charges whenever possible. If Bruce had refused to pay the court costs to make the charge go away, the case would have progressed to a pre-trial hearing where Bruce would have again been offered a chance to pay court costs. If he wanted a trial he would have got one. He made the smart choice though and paid court costs because he would have lost in a trial.

* As for the timing of the stop. This isn't Vegas Slager. There are not many cars driving around Wareham at 12:39 AM on an weeknight in December. News Flash! Some people out and about at that time of night are up to no good. The police would be wise to run every license plate they see go by them.

* Why did two other officers show up as backup? The first reason would be is a cop never knows what danger he will run into on a traffic stop, especially one at 12:39 AM. Once the identity of the operator was established the other reason for backup would be for, witnesses, witnesses, witnesses, witnesses, witnesses, witnesses, witnesses, witnesses, and witnesses. Did I mention witnesses?

* I think the chief made a wise choice by not commenting on the 1989 arrest warrant. He would not know the details behind a 1989 warrant issued by another jurisdiction. Slager, maybe you could learn something from the chief. You should not comment on things you know nothing about.

* Police discretion is something you don't want to mess with Slager. Without discretion officers would not be able to take into account the unique circumstances surrounding a situation and everyone would be charged or cited for the most minor offenses. Every officer is different and every sitatution is different. That is why about half the people who had a suspended license were summonsed and the other half were arrested.

#3 2009-01-12 12:22:12

Great Posts By Both Of You. It Is Sad That Slager Does Read This Blog And He Has Been Told The Facts Numerous Times But He Continues To Print Lies. I Remember Debating Slager On The S-t Website About Bruce Appealing His Ticket At The Courthouse. I Told Him He Lost The Appeal And He No Other Recourse. Slager Even Said He Called The Courthouse Himself And Found Out It Was A Ticket Appeal. I Will Again Say To Slager That Police Officers Do Not Attend Arraigment Hearings!!! Bruce Did Not Get The Punishment Under The Law Because He Plead To Paying Court Costs And Then The Case Was Dismissed. Why Would Anyone Pay 50 Dollars For A Dismissed Case? Slager You Put Yourself Over The Top On This One. Obviously You Know Jack About The Court System And You Will Certainly Lose Your Civil Case.

#4 2009-01-12 12:51:06

great posts guys i cannot add to them but i will only say that i feel in my heart that these people will eventually get caught in thier lies.

by then the damage may be done to our town gov and the trust of the people which is unfortunate.  you will not however change slager or somehow wake him up to what he is doing.  even darth vader came back from the darkside bob won't.

Funny how a guy who cant pay car insurance, ticket appeals, property taxes, and car payments on time or ever, can somehow come up with a big nut for the repo company to get his car back, and then afford to be out of the country on vacation  only in america

#5 2009-01-12 15:43:12

If they let Bruce pay the $50.00 to dismiss the charge, what happened to the loss of license?  Did he ever get his license reinstated?  Doesn't he take care of that at the motor vehicle department?

#6 2009-01-12 16:10:03

Mixie wrote:

If they let Bruce pay the $50.00 to dismiss the charge, what happened to the loss of license?  Did he ever get his license reinstated?  Doesn't he take care of that at the motor vehicle department?

I wonder whether his car was towed or the finance company came and got it.

Last edited by billw (2009-01-12 16:10:24)

#7 2009-01-12 17:53:37

So then, he would be a man without a license, without a car, without a satifactory bar exam, without a job....well is it any wonder he is such a frustrated and angry person.  Does he think if he beats up enough people it will make him whole?

#8 2009-01-12 19:10:49

Mixie wrote:

If they let Bruce pay the $50.00 to dismiss the charge

He paid yet another fine at the Registry and it was reinstated.... the same day he paid his court fine.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com