#1 2008-12-18 20:54:51

Originally written by the Rag Man

Bruce Sauvageau was so choked by anger he could barely catch his breathe on the phone yesterday. He had just left Wareham District Court after “A five-hour wait for a 10-second ruling.” He had spent most of the early morning hours in a jail cell at the Wareham Police Station for allegedly having a suspended license.

So he's mad that he was treated like every other law breaker?

The charges were quickly dismissed when the judge found no evidence that Sauvageau had broken the law.

First off, the chargers were dismissed AFTER Bruce paid court fees.  Answer me this Bruce & Slager, if you were INNOCENT, why pay the court fees?  Hmmm.

For those that have never been in court (Slager) and for those that don't bother to do any research (Slager), you get three choices for minor criminal offenses at your arrignment.  Hire your own attorney, have one appointed, or would you like to represent yourself and take care of this today.

BRUCE took option C.  He paid the fine he owed, AND THEN it was dismissed.

No member of the Wareham Police Department showed up to testify against him and no police report had been sent to the court.

Police don't show up to arraignment, only to trial and sometimes motions.  I'm sure the lack of a report was bullshit.  The court could have contacted police I'm sure.

The Observer was also denied a copy of the police report when Andrea Smith asked for one in person.

You fucking coward Slager.  Why didn't YOU ask for it in person?  You hide behind an elderly old woman.

Sauvageau said his arrest was no accident. He also said a press release issued by Lt. Irving Wallace, stating that the arrest took place on Marion Road, was “a lie.”  “I was 60 seconds from my house on Swifts Beach Road,” the Wareham selectman said. “It was almost the exact same spot where my wife was pulled over two years ago.”

You're going to law school right Bruce?  What is the significance of the location?  60 seconds is not distance, it's time.  I'm sure YOU could get from Marion Road (at the end of Swift's Beach Rd. people) to your house in a minute.

He noted that those charges – an invalid registration – were thrown out of court as well.

I'm sorry Bob & Bruce, could you quote me the MA law about Invalid Registration.  While your at it, get the charge right, SUSPENDED LICENSE. 

I'm sure you won't find it.  There's suspended license, revoked license, restricted license and no license.  That's it.  Which one was it?  Don't believe me? PROVE ME WRONG!

Yes, Bruce Sauvageau is angry. He has a right to be. From this perspective, this doesn’t appear to have been a random stop.

This anger is different than his everyday anger apparently.

Sauvageau was arrested minutes after leaving a selectmen meeting. During that meeting the issue of racism within the police force once again came to the forefront. A local business owner claimed he was arrested and detained because he allegedly had an invalid driver’s license. Through his attorney, the business owner claimed one of the arresting officers had used a racial slur after pulling him over.

And magically The Board of Selectmen forgot that the guy making the claim is... A.) embattled in a civil case with his landlord B.) reporting something that happened weeks ago, but didn't report it to the Police Chief C.)  HE WAS IN FRONT OF THE BOS ABOUT TO LOSE HIS LIQUOR LICENSE.

Gee, why would he say that?  Oh, so it will take the heat off of himself.  Imagine that.

That’s when Sauvageau apparently committed his crime in the eyes of the Wareham Police Department. He asked for the name of the arresting officer.

Is that fact that your reporting Slager?  I think not.  Was there even an Officer in attendance?  Do the cops give a shit what happens at selectmen's meetings week to week?  Why didn't they arrest Bruce after he called that officer a gutless coward?  Only CommonSense asks the tough questions, not SLAGER.

Police management, as well as the police union, has strongly criticized selectmen for allowing members of the public to come before the board to air personal grievances against local police officers. A few months ago George Dionne, the head of the union, read a prepared statement that claimed such a policy could put the lives of officers in danger. Selectmen believe it is a matter of free speech and accountability.

Alas we forget why the citizen's lawyer was there, not to complain about Police, but to have his liquor license taken away.  So he plays the indefensible race card to take the heat off himself, and put it on the Police. 

I think I'll serve to a minor at my establishment and when my hearing comes up, say the Police were using too much force or launched racial slurs at me.  That ought to buy me some time.

I suspect that Sauvageau drew the ire of the Police Department when he asked for the name of the arresting officer. By doing so, he was essentially saying he would not be intimidated by police into relinquishing his First Amendment rights.

Yeah, you know those free speech hating cops.  The ones that don't have any free speech of their own.  This coming from the guy who is notorious for shutting down free speech.  I'm going to say it was SLAGER that tipped the Police for Bruce violating the free speech law.

How else can anyone explain why three police cruisers converged on his vehicle at 12:39 a.m. minutes after he left a selectmen’s meeting? There were only six police cruisers covering the entire town of Wareham at that time.

Any rational person can explain it actually.  It was after midnight.  The police most likely have back-up after midnight.  And Bruce flies off the handle about everything.  I would think the more witnesses the better.  Was one of them the Sgt?  Once again, only CommonSense asks the tough questions.

I’ve been putting the Wareham police logs in the newspaper for nearly three years. I cannot recall a single time when somebody was arrested for simply having a suspended driver’s license.

Wait a minute, wasn't it an "invalid license" five paragraphs ago?  YOU HACK!  And your full of shit.  But hey, you don't keep an archive, so who can prove it.  I'll bet you if you research it, hundreds of people in MA have been arrested for such a charge.  You're too lazy for that

Even if Sauvageau had been driving with an invalid license (and there’s absolutely no evidence that he had been), why in God’s name did they put him in a jail cell until his wife bailed him out?

So now it's invalid license again.  Maybe the reason you don't recall anyone getting arrested for a SUSPENDED LICENSE was because you were looking for INVALID REGISTRATION. 

Um, don't they put everyone in a cell until they are bailed out?  Didn't you say everyone should be treated equally.  You even bitched about people getting warnings for inspection stickers.  So Bruce should have been treated different.

Let me ask you this dumbass, what if it was the Chief of Police who was driving without a license?  Or the Water Superintendant?  Or Susan Pizzalato?  Or Marilyn Wally? You would be all over their ass.

Is that what Wareham residents get for their tax dollars these days? Please tell me Wareham police aren’t incarcerating people for traffic violations now.

I guess if you mean that they are arresting people who commit criminal traffic offenses, then yes Wareham is.  So is every other Police Department in the nation.  As well as the State Police. 

It's called enforcing the law.  And by the way, are you saying people should drive without a license?  Would you like it if someone without a license got into an accident with you or a family member?  Do you think insurance would cover that?  NO.

This is actually pretty scary

Only to people breaking the law dumbass

The power elite are spamming all the web sites, saying Sauvageau deserved what happened to him. These people have become so twisted by political partisanship that they can’t even see that Wareham may be turning into a police state.

A FUCKING POLICE STATE!  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  And why am I (and this site) part of the power elite?  Cause we are telling the truth?  Cause we have the facts?  Cause we don't agree with you or the BOS?

CAUSE WE HAVE MORE VIEWERS THAN YOU?!!!!

Hey dumbass, who said we agreed with the last regime?  Or the one before that?  Just because we don't agree with the current dictators we are power elite.  What a joke!  Everyone knows you are a joke, and now your talking out your ass.

Sauvageau said his attorney wants him to file a civil rights lawsuit against the town. Sauvageau doesn’t want to do that. He doesn’t want to sue the town he represents as a volunteer selectman.

But suing everyone else is town is fine.  Bruce I DARE YOU to sue the town.  Sue the Police.  Sue the Chief.  Sue the Officer.

You know the REAL reason you won't do it.  YOU HAD A SUSPENDED LICENSE and paid a COURT FEE TO HAVE IT DISMISSED.  The TRUTH would BURY you in court.  And that's why you won't do it.

The next time you wonder why Sauvageau has trouble keeping his emotions in check sometimes, remember what happened at 12:39 a.m. on Wednesday in Wareham. That’s when Sauvageau turned down a dark road only to find the real dark road sneaking up behind him.

It wasn't the Police, it was KARMA!  Or possibly the grim reaper clogging those arteries.

Last edited by commonsense (2008-12-19 09:16:25)

#2 2008-12-19 09:17:44

Sauvageau said his arrest was no accident. He also said a press release issued by Lt. Irving Wallace, stating that the arrest took place on Marion Road, was “a lie.”  “I was 60 seconds from my house on Swifts Beach Road,” the Wareham selectman said. “It was almost the exact same spot where my wife was pulled over two years ago.”

Guess the would be lawyer selectman and the journalist cant read a press release
THE PRESS RELEASE SAYS THE OFFICER OBSERVED THE VEHICLE ON MARION RD.

so much for all that fancy book learnin'

#3 2008-12-19 20:54:09

Why is Bruce Sauvageau identifying himself as a Wareham taxpayer?  His wife does not seem to trust him enough to include him on her deed to their home! She probably feels that either someone will attach him and their property for his misbehaving and attacks on innocent Wareham residents and property owners.  He appears to be a dangerous man and his own worst enemy.  Rose has the common sense in the family and so far has been a good script reader.  We all feel sorry for such an unfortunate victim of Bruce's temper and displays of arrogance.

Rose, Welcome the the new MAJORITY!

Last edited by waterview (2008-12-19 20:57:51)

#4 2008-12-19 21:13:22

In many civilized societies a man like Bruce who has so disgraced himself would be kind to his community by committing suicide and relievie the world of doing it for him  - save the taxpayers money...consider the alternative...

#5 2008-12-19 21:35:04

commonsense wrote:

The power elite are spamming all the web sites, saying Sauvageau deserved what happened to him. These people have become so twisted by political partisanship that they can’t even see that Wareham may be turning into a police state.

Why, Bobby, you pathetic needledick. You're our biggest fan, aren't you! Getting nothing at home? 

Yeah, that's me. Mr Elite. Can't afford a car, shop for food just once a month - by bumming a ride to New Bedford - and never book beyond a double digit bank balance.

There are rotten cops and corrupt police departments everywhere you care to look and they're always the clearest sign of a systemic municipal stinkfest.

Want to see the looming police state, though? Wareham isn't where to look. It's no small source of pride to me this is a place where cops have sense enough to genuinely fear the vast sums allocated for Homeland Security are gutting the budgets and databases of local law enforcement, putting the communities and people they love at serious risk.

Still.

I want to see Sauvageau's license suspension notification.

#6 2008-12-19 22:16:55

im glad that the police dont just hand out reports of on going matters to people walking in the lobby i would certainly not want people to have my address and other information just by asking for it

besides i think they charge for reports now and im quessing that it isnt in the rags budget

#7 2008-12-21 10:57:27

bump

#8 2008-12-21 11:00:50

commonsense wrote:

bump

bump?

#9 2008-12-21 11:38:44

A "bump" pushed the threat to the top of the page.  Computer geek terminology

#10 2008-12-23 07:18:27

Why Doesnt Ragman Post On Here. Obviously He Reads It On A Minute To Minute Basis. "its My Job" Ha Ha Ha. Observer Media Instructed Me To Read The Truth Blog. The Reason He Doesnt Post Here Cause He A Scared Little Bitch Hiding Behind His Typewriter. If You Ever Met The Man In Person He Is A Pantload. He Cant Look You In The Eye, Very Meek, Almost Feminine. God Slager Grow A Set. Your Wife Might Not Divorce You Then. Oh Liz Isnt Fired On One Page Of The Paper And On The Other "observer Media Is Proud To Announce A Promotion To Liz's Old Job." Jesus Christ Slager Leave Liz Alone With Her Cats. A Friend Lost. If Liz Is Your Friend Slager All I Can Say Is Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com