#1 2008-12-19 13:22:14

Are you aware that most of the Town Employees (EMS, Police, Municipal Maintenance, etc) have been working without a contract since July 2007?

Obviously the TA musical chairs played into this, but the lack of guidance from the Board of Selectmen is the MAJOR problem.

The acting TA took it upon himself to try and negotiate quick one year deals, since the Board of Selectmen weren't concerned with the issue.

He was offering no money in exchange for a few extra days off (for that one year only).  Seems fair enough, right?  The town is in the shitter money wise, so why not?  Most groups entertained the idea positively. 

The first group to sign off on the deal had it forwarded to the to the Selectmen for approval.  Guess what?  They denied it!  The Selectmen denied THE TOWNS OFFER.  WTF?

Apparently they want all Town Employees to get nothing!  Hey, they're an unpaid board they tell you all the time, so everyone else should suffer.  And be happy about it.

I know some out there would say that Town Employees are spoiled and make huge sums of money as it is, but from a bargaining standpoint.....

The employees were willing to give up the standard 2-3% raise in exchange for a few days off that would have saved the town money. 

Yet the BOS wants to take and take and give nothing in return.  That's your tax dollars at work.

Now I hear all contract negotiations are on hold, because the Board is refusing to tell the TA what to do. 

I guess they are too busy deciding on whether Depot St. should be a one way, whether Waki ki koa St. should be Failed Pizza Parlor Dr, how they can paint the Chief of Police a racist, how to destroy the library, and how to cost the town THOUSANDS of dollars in legal fees and blame it on everyone else.

You won't read that in the shit Rag.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com