#1 2008-11-18 21:15:13

Wankinco Ave, Swift's Beach - 1910

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/429_wankincoave1910_03.jpghttps://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/429_wankincoave1910_02.jpghttps://warehamwater.cruelery.com/uploads/429_wankincoave1910_01.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#2 2008-11-18 21:23:16

Sorry, I should have credited the source of those wonderful postcards as Vikings post here: Psycho Selectmen

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#3 2008-11-21 23:19:12

I don't know how it happened, but Wankinco Avenue in these pictures was the name West of Swifts Beach Road; Wankinquoah Avenue (given the historical spelling) of the River that borders the land taken by Eminent Domain.

Bruce and his neighborhood thugs gave the name of Wankinquoah to the Wankinco Avenue people and gave the Wankinquoah people Oceanside.  Where's the Ocean anyway? The land is at the meeting of Buzzards Bay and the former Wankinquoah River - now Wareham River.  The ancient Maps and deeds reflect these historical facts. What is the historical signifigance of the Oceanside Pizza Shop?

One good thing about Brockton is that it has two real Restaurants producing the best pizza known in these parts.  Cristo's and the Brockton Cafe.  Oops, I forgot George's Cafe.

Last edited by waterview (2008-11-22 08:14:02)

#4 2008-11-21 23:57:29

Waterview,

There's nothing historical about a failed pizza shop, unless you open as a museum on how NOT to run a business.

Even the dumbest idiot in the world can make money hand over fist if you own the only restaurant on a busy beach in the summer.

But funny thing, when you stab kids in the hand with forks, serve subs with plastic parts in them then pull them out by hand when the guy complains and throw them back at the guy, scream at a woman and demand 5 bucks when she stops in your lot for 2 seconds, rip up kids' kites for playing in your parking lot, and generally, have nonstop police reports filed on you...well, chances are your customer base is going to decline.

If you can't turn a profit running the only restaurant on a busy town beach, then you have no business running the town.

#5 2008-11-22 08:11:10

Hamatron5000,

In 2000, Bruce appeared in Commercials on the Community TV Channel trying to convince people to pay for his "Financial Services".  It was creepy enough to make my skin crawl. The evil in those eyes that came into my living room was scary. My curiosity was satisfied after two 1/2 sessions of feeling dirty all over - like being mentally raped.  What rating would you put on his future attempts at advertising his self defined talents?

#6 2008-11-27 13:29:56

Some people may not like the name Wankinquoah.  Blame it on the Indians. As a five year old, the nuns made me learn to spell "Tarasiewicz" and "Massachusetts".  I have arthritic knuckles to prove it.

"Wankinquoah" is a breeze!   I didn't have a problem, but ask all the people to the West of Swifts Beach Road who got our road name by default and now have to learen how to spell it.  Perhaps the REAL reason Bruce and his relative gave it away was:  Easier to spell or maybe thay are planning a compound of new homes on their now "waterfront lots".

Last edited by waterview (2008-11-30 14:56:57)

#7 2008-11-28 11:28:13

Don't forget the hearing Tuesday December 2 at 7:00 or 6:30 for a coctail (cranberry juice) hour to get fired up about Bully Bruce and his mini mafia.

Last edited by waterview (2008-11-28 11:35:07)

#8 2008-11-28 16:26:40

just saw the legal posting by jim potter as required for tuesdays meeting
it says anyone who wishes to be heard on the matter.  wonder if the meeting will actually go that way.
or if bruce will hand select who speaks and then the lot of them will retreat to executive session

i know you are reading this (bos) and it is obvious to all that tuccis lawyer handed you your collective asses last week and ruined your plans.   sucks when people know the laws and you cant just wing it huh?

dont worry you will hear more about that.

#9 2008-11-30 15:03:08

oneear dog wrote:

it says anyone who wishes to be heard on the matter.  wonder if the meeting will actually go that way.
or if bruce will hand select who speaks and then the lot of them will retreat to executive session

It understand that a public hearing cannot take place in an Executive session.  The BOS have already been coached by K&P.  They are in for some surprises!

#10 2008-11-30 15:14:27

waterview wrote:

It understand that a public hearing cannot take place in an Executive session.  The BOS have already been coached by K&P.  They are in for some surprises!

Take a look at the Beer Coaster entries, Waterview, and please select the ones that grab you. Pat tells me your check has arrived.

#11 2008-12-06 20:51:26

We have to wait for the BOS formal Notice of  The Road Name Change.  We will then have 30 days to get the required 25 Voters' Signatures and appeal to the Mass. Highway Dept. .  We will also include property owners and summer residents - the forgotten taxpayers. Anybody willing to sign the petition could communicate through this web site.

There will be a celebration at the offices of K&P - another Wareham lawsuit!!!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com