#1 2008-12-05 13:16:28

Wow, I guess those "Save Our Library" signs really got stuck in the ruling regime's craw.

From this week's Rag:

"All political signs need to be removed from the town's streets, and that includes the Save Our Library signs that still proliferate around town, according to Selectman James Potter.  The town's maintenance department will be asked to remove any of the signs that remain on town property.  Private individuals who have them on their property are asked to take them down."

What?

So let's get this straight.  If you argue in favor of the town supporting the library, then you're an evil elitist bastard.  But also, if you try to help the Friends of the Library raise money for the library by putting out a sign, then you're also an evil elitist bastard.

Could we bring these people to the library and let them inspect it to ensure them that the library does not contain some kind of supernatural hell gate from which all of the evil in town flows? 

Those signs really bug them if they're making it a point to have the town workers take them down.  But who are they to ask people to take them down from their personal property?  I feel like going out and getting 20 Save the Library signs and putting them all on my front lawn after reading that.

#2 2008-12-05 19:34:44

Your Not Taking Mine Down Potter. You Live In Bourne So It Doesnt Even Bother You

#3 2008-12-05 21:00:55

Yet yard sale signs from July are still lingering.

#4 2008-12-05 21:27:39

Diplomacy has never been this board's strong point, and that's an understatement.  Stop getting your panties in a bunch, selectmen, you don't need to grumble at those signs as if they're somehow a personal affront against you.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com