#1 2008-12-03 19:13:10

little late but as we "the committee" were reviewing the selectman tapes i came across the meeting on november 18th.  no news on the ex-parte meeting prior as the tape wasnt rolling yet.  except bruce sounded scared and confused while he reiterated at least five times that he told the bindon lady they would not discuss anything before the meeting.  say it two more times bruce and maybe someone will believe you.

but i did find some odd things.

there was a ten minute discussion about one speed complaint on the left side of french ave.  as best i can gather this was forwarded to the chief who ran radar there for five days.  in those five days the average speed was 17 mph out of 260 odd car trips.  i guess he sent the info to ta sanguinett

regardless of the results or what you believe you need or dont need there here was the jist of the selectmans infinite wisdom.

bruce said there has to be a sign or you cant get a ticket. not true and if anyone on the board should be intimately knowledgable about motor vehicle law it should be him.  you know because he is in law school.

potter didnt even know what two tenths of a mile is
saying ive never even seen this road

there are six houses on this 2/10s on road. 
brenda wants to pay for a sign that says slow children. (just because we cant afford private school like you doesnt mean our kids are slow). 

i swear to god that in the time it takes to read the sign you have driven off the end of the road .  did i mention that it is .2 of a mile.  apparently they dont know what that is but they are going to decide on it.

during all this rediculous fodder brenda announced that at the end of this road lived a wareham police officer.
did it ever occur to this intellectual giant that police officers dont need town officials to tell the world where they live.  (BY THE WAY IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHERE ANY OF THE SELECTMAN "EXCEPT POTTER" LIVE JUST GO TO THE TOWN ASSESSORS WEBSITE AND PUT THEIR NAME IN)

anyways after slandering the police and pandering to criminals all summer this  selectwoman had the  unmitigated shameless nerve, and gall to suggest that the police chief have this officer check the street to and from on his way to work.  yes what a town manager you are you crucify these poor idiots and then want them to do their bidding 

i do call them idiots because of what they do for what they are paid.  they should have their head checked. but i do respect them and am thankful that they are out there in the middle of the night or a snowstorm and i dont have to

but i digress who the hell are they to announce where a cop lives on a st. that is 2 tenths of a mile and has 6 houses. 

ALSO LOVE BRUCES COMMENT IN THE MEETING ALONG THE LINES OF
WE WILL DECIDE HOW WE WASTE OUR TIME.  ANOTHER CLASSIC FOR COSBY'S KIDS SAY THE DARNDEST THINGS.

#2 2008-12-03 19:44:48

oneear wrote:" bruce said there has to be a sign or you cant get a ticket. not true and if anyone on the board should be intimately knowledgable about motor vehicle law it should be him.  you know because he is in law school."

So shall we assume that Bruce did not take or did not pass a written test to get his drivers license?  Does he not know  that there are residential, school, loading etc. zones all with specific speed zones?

oneear continued: "this  selectwoman had the  unmitigated shameless nerve, and gall to suggest that the police chief have this officer check the street to and from on his way to work."

Do you think this selectwoman would suggest this if she realized that this officer would need to be paid from the moment he leaves his house till the moment he returns home?  How do you think all the other officers who don't get paid until they actually report for work would feel about this.

#3 2008-12-03 21:22:17

you know mixie im sure the officer does keep an eye on his neighborhood. but my issue is the mere suggestion that a police officer do something off duty for this town and the bos  when they declared war on the chief and his officers this summer.
and you have to see the dismissive fashion in which she said it too like any police officer is just their personal lackey.

#4 2008-12-03 21:23:40

Once again... the selectmen sticking their collective asses where they don't belong.

HELLO!  This is why we have a Police Chief.  You know, to run the Police Department.  Same goes for all the other Department heads.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com