#1 2010-04-01 23:54:23

BillW posted:  "Stanley in North Andover", and on this post is the site for the Eagle Tribune, Stanley's home town newspaper.  After you read the reporter's column don't stop there.  Scroll down to the comments from bloggers.  A few are confusing, but you have to love the one from John 0227.  He made a comment about the code of silence in the N.A.P.D. and referenced himself saying, "It's only illegal if I do it".  Wow, haven't we heard a similiar phrase from Jane Donahue?  He mentions a long list of problems hanging over Stanley's head.  Apparently the drink of choice for Stanley is scotch and plays a lot of golf on the four days he is working in N. Andover and is prone to skirt chasing - not my words, they belong to John 0227.  I wish he was a little more enlightening on this comment, but we will work with what we have - John 0227 "hopes the waitresses at 99 don't ruin his departure.  What happens at a detail, stays at a detail"   3-31-10

Next, visit BillW's posting of a site, "North Andover Can't Wait" an editorial in the Eagle Tribune.  Again, scroll down to read the comments.  I guess they don't want him either.  4-1-10

#2 2010-04-02 00:55:09

Stanley in North Andover

North Andover Can't Wait

VOTE4CHANGE
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#3 2010-04-02 00:58:10

Thanks, P-SPAN.  I'm tired.

#4 2010-04-02 02:09:00

WOW

#5 2010-04-02 18:54:03

Let's do a little calendar math, shall we?

1. Not gonna leave NA until the PD is certified, whatever that means (notalawyer is notacop). May was mentioned.

2. Not gonna leave NA until the move is complete. Is this one of George's father's moves (Seinfeld). The NA move is late summer (one quote) or August (another quote). Do they need the Chief to push a 2-wheeler with a file cabinet on it?

3. So. where does all this leave the 30 - 40,000 people depending on one (1) individual to be the SuperChief? It sounds as if the S/C can't be in Wareham full time before some time in September, a period of nearly six months. A period which spans two (2) rather busy situations:

a. Wareham's summer season, you know, all those seasonal residents and issues arising therefrom,

b. THE MOVE. They are going to a NEW building, with all of the problems in meeting deadlines.

My, My. It looks as though someone will really have to be a SUPERchief to get thru all this. No problem  -  take October off.

#6 2010-04-02 22:14:13

Good one notalawyer.  I've been going over in my mind, the things we were originally told by the selectmen and Stanley and what was written in the newspapers (I don't read Slager's) when his part-time appointment was made.     Somewhere between then and now I recall hearing how "good a job he has done in Wareham", blah, blah, blah.  The story changed a bit around this time.    Now we are being told we are getting Mario as chief and what he is telling us is so different. 

He told us he was taking this job to straighten out the WPD's problems.  After all, his No. Andover Dept. was the best because of him, but he was not going to leave N. Andover - he was going to retire from there.  At the same time the Wareham BOS did NOT want to hire a chief from within the dept.

Now, No. Andover officials are glad he has only been working short weeks because they can see that responsabilities were delegated and feel confident about hiring a chief from within the dept, that has come up the ranks, as did Mario.

Our BOS don't want a civil service chief, but the voters do.  Mario Stanley is a civil service chief.  So, he doesn't have to answer to the BOS, as Tommy Joyce didn't.   Is anyone else confused?

The BOS and Mario speak with forked tongue!!!!!

#7 2010-04-05 23:20:45

here is the Story about stanley and the "beating death of a prisoner"

make sure you scroll thry the comments at the bottom there are 261 but a great read.... do we really want this guy in Wareham??

http://www.eagletribune.com/punews/loca … 11139.html

#8 2010-04-05 23:57:57

Eagle-Tribune wrote:

North Andover Police Chief Stanley, who was at the scene of Howe's confrontation in front of The Eagle-Tribune building, could not be reached for comment. He did not return a message left on his cell phone.

"Defendant Stanley knew or should have known that the use of excessive force to apprehend unarmed suspects, the failure to intervene and/or ameliorate the physical attack upon Kenneth when an opportunity to do so existed, and the failure to provide timely and adequate medical services would result in the contravention of Kenneth's constitutional rights," the lawsuit claimed.

Stanley, who was named along with a dozen other North Andover police officers, was indifferent to " subordinates' unconstitutional conduct was the affirmative link to Kenneth's death," Howe's family alleged.

[...]

The lawsuit cites a series of 43 photographs taken by Eagle-Tribune photographer Carl Russo, who was leaving the office at the time of the incident. The photos allegedly show Howe face-down on the ground surrounded by police officers, some of whom are on top of him and restraining him.

#9 2010-04-06 01:35:29

copy of the lawsuit complaint.... here's the reason given...

"3. On or about November 25, 2009, officers operating a sobriety checkpoint in North
Andover, Massachusetts stopped the vehicle in which decedent Kenneth was a
front seat passenger. A collaborative effort of the North Andover Police
Department, the Massachusetts State Police, and the Essex County Sheriff’s
Department was conducting and overseeing the checkpoint. Kenneth was
physically removed out of the vehicle, forced to the ground, beaten, handcuffed
and placed in leg irons, and dragged to the police cruiser. As a result of the
physical beatings and/or the delayed calling for medical services, Kenneth died in
North Andover Police and/or Massachusetts State Police custody on or about
November 26, 2009. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has ruled that
Kenneth’s death is a homicide, caused by a “blunt impact of head and torso with
compression of chest.”

to read the rest of the complaint read attached link...

http://plus.eagletribune.com/content/ne … plaint.pdf

Last edited by LIZdaGNOME (2010-04-06 01:38:09)

#10 2010-04-06 01:40:16

note the date NOV. 25, 2009!!!!! iNTERM CHIEF RICHARD STANLEY WAS ALSO WAREHAM'S "FRIDAY" POLICE CHIEF..

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com