#1 2010-03-31 08:29:02

"Promoting from within is something we're always looking to do," said Watson. "This has given us the opportunity to look at command staff below Chief Stanley."

http://www.eagletribune.com/punews/loca … 13810.html

Last edited by billw (2010-03-31 08:31:16)

#2 2010-03-31 09:07:46

No surprise they never called for the Civil Service exam..

Stanley said he has been considering taking on the full-time Wareham job for several months, after Wareham selectmen approached him with the idea.

VOTE4CHANGE
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010
P-SPAN

#3 2010-03-31 13:21:48

would that have been right after fall town meeting?

#4 2010-03-31 15:27:32

This makes me sick.  Stanley said that when he leaves Wareham, his officers will be able to step up the ladder, so to speak.  Wasn't that what we were upset about after Tommy Joyce "retired"?  Didn't we want someone from the Wareham Police Department to step into the Chief's shoes?  To give Lt. Wallace a term to see how he did as a Chief?  To give the Chief's Civil Service exam for the men and women in our department to take?  To see if one of our own Police Officers, besides Lt. Wallace could be Wareham's new chief?  Isn't this what we wanted?  Yes, I seem to remember something like that.

Now, we have a man from another Police Dept. - not Wareham's, stepping forward to be the full time chief that he swore he did not want to be.  Do the officers like him?  I suppose so.  Has he made some improvement?  Yes, I believe so.  Did we get new assault rifles for our men?  Yes.  Did we get new police cruisers?  Yes.  Did the officers get their range certification, which they needed?  Yes.  Has Stanley spent weekends at the Donahue residence instead of traveling back to N. Andover?  It is rumored to be true.  Has he been spending time with Brenda and the TA?  It is rumored to be true.

Will Stanley move to Wareham and pay taxes here?  Will Stanley find the money to pay for the cruisers he purchased without taxpayers voting on it?  Will Stanley become our Chief Safety Officer in Wareham and take over the Harbormaster's and EMS's department heads?  If so, would the money we paid for our Harbormaster and EMS director's salaries be used to pay the big bucks that are "Rumored" he will be paid?  Will the US Post Office handler's building on Tobey Rd. be our new "Safety Department Headquarters"?  Is this a hint that he gave us last night about seeing N.Andover having a new station and we will, too?  Will we be able to vote on this, as we should?  Will Wareham be stuck paying his pension after he transfers it from Essex County to Plymouth County?

I don't know, but he seems to fit in with the power hungry leaders in Wareham.  I hope he isn't.  Time will tell.

Last edited by bornofwareham (2010-03-31 15:30:09)

#5 2010-03-31 15:37:32

Sorry I missed you, Bornof...see you next time...soon...

#6 2010-03-31 16:13:48

bornofwareham wrote:

This makes me sick.  Stanley said that when he leaves Wareham, his officers will be able to step up the ladder, so to speak.

Worse was his disingenuous bull crap about assuming command of a department riven with dissension, lies I heard Stanley try to feed Standard-Times reporter Steve Decosta outside the meeting room last night. To his credit, Decosta wasn't swallowing any of it. The Eagle-Tribune should have known better than to take this guy at face value.

When he arrived, Stanley said the Wareham Police Department had problems with morale, training, equipment and community relations.

#7 2010-04-01 02:24:41

BillW,  when Mario arrived in town to take over Joyce's position we did have problems with morale, etc. (as you mention above).  Normal people don't feel comfortable after reading or hearing things like this about their town and their police officers.  He basically slammed the PD with other comments about how bad the department had been run and gave the inclination that our officers were morons, but he would straighten everything out.  Chief Joyce had his faults, like we all do, and yes there were times when the morale was low, but it was for a variety of reasons.  What about the time the young woman jumped on Officer Smith's back as he was trying to put someone in custody?  This young "lady" had been in a fight not even an hour before this occured and I listened to the whole thing over the police scanner.  This was not a race issue.  He didn't know who was jumping on his back or if this person was trying to get his gun.  Did our selectmen stick up for this officer?  No.  Bobo made it worse with his editorials.   Every officer felt that this could have been them and I'm sure they wondered if anyone on the BOS would stick up for them.  The Chief being suspended for writing a letter that was long over due to the editor of the S-T.  Insubordination, they called it.  No, it was the power they had over him.  No one could speak to the media, only the TA.  Bull.  The morale plummeted when Joyce left and Lt. Wallace wasn't given the position or even offered the position of chief.  Instead they were given a PT Chief and it was weeks before some of the officers even met him.

They did need recertification at the range and Mario got it for them, but instead of paying one man, he had three at times on the range at OT pay.  Just making things sweet for the guys and didn't care where the money was to pay for these things.  Equipment?  Do we really need assault rifles?  Well, maybe they were on sale and maybe some day we will really need them.  Do new cruisers come under equipment?  Where was his brain when he bought these without a TM vote?  New cruisers were needed, but this is ridiculous.

Community relations.  You can't have a BOS with personal vendettas for certain police officers, because that is what causes tension and dissent.  So, I guess everything Chief Mario said boils down to the BOS.  They caused our "problems".

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com