#1 2009-11-13 21:07:31

AND HE GAVE IT AWAY HIMSELF, SEEMS SOME BLOGERS SAID IT DID NOT MAKE SENSE TO GO THROUGH THIS TROUBLE FOR SO LITLLE MONEY,AND HE CAME UP WITH THE STORY OF A TRUE STORY THAT HE AND LILY READ ON THE INTERNET DOING THE SAME THING JUE RABBIES, SO I BELIVE HE JUST COPPIED THERE STORIES AND USED ONTHE LIBRARY..............................SO WHY IS HE DOING THIS TO DRIVR OUT PEOPLE FROM RUNNING FOR SELECTMAN ,HIS MESSAGE IF YOU RUN AGAINST BRUCIE  I WILL HIT YOU HARD , JUST LOOK WHAT HE DID TO DEFELIZE., ALSO HE WILL BE OUT OF POWER  YOU DONT THIK HONEST PEOPLE WOULD DEAL WITH THE LIKES OF HIM  , ALSO THEY DONT WANT A GOOD GUY TO GET IN AND BLOW THE WHISTLE ON THER CROOKED WAYS,   SEE HIS STORY AND MS LILY STORY ON THE JUEAS RABBIES.

#2 2009-11-13 21:40:18

ihateliz wrote:

SO WHY IS HE DOING THIS TO DRIVR OUT PEOPLE FROM RUNNING FOR SELECTMAN

I think you hit the nail on the head.... well candidate X, you never called for an audit of the library when their "dirty little secret" was exposed.  How can you even think to run for selectman.

#3 2009-11-13 23:00:33

I will not call for an qudit ofthe libary but i WILL ASK FOR A CORIE CHECK OF EVERY CURRENT SLECTMAN CAN THEY ALL PASS THE TEST. I dont think so. I can. I dont think Slange knowes what is going on. he is trying to be on the inside and is beiing pushed back all the time that is why his stories alway are even out of even the slectmans reporting . Only Bruce seem to be quoted in any of his stories . any other quotes are formmeetings. he is not as conneted as we all think.

#4 2009-11-13 23:10:30

I don't know kinsailman, my fine Irish friend..Methinks he and Brenda have a cozy relationship..just a hunch..

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-11-13 23:10:55)

#5 2009-11-13 23:29:04

A Corie is a report from all  police files. if you had a problem with the police you  may have a corie problem. Not all are correct I will admit but if you had a problem with the police or the courts you hav a corie. and you have a problem. can all of our selectman pass the test.I don't think so. check it out. They should all be subject to a check. everyone should be before they run for office or apply for a job with the town. they already are if the are working with children or older adults.

#6 2009-11-14 06:59:39

IHL: I am used to your misspelling and use of all caps, but you should know that your use of the terms  "JUE RABBIES" and "JUEAS RABBIES" is offensive, at least to me.  Even with the proper spelling, i.e., Jew rabbis or Jewish rabbis, since all rabbis are Jewish adding the modifier is ungrammatical.  Prefacing rabbi with Jew or Jewish is something anti-Semites do.

I trust this was inadvertent.

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-11-14 07:02:39)

#7 2009-11-14 07:26:04

SORRY NEIGHBOR MEANT NO OFFENSE I HAVE PROBLEMS TYPING

Last edited by ihateliz (2009-11-14 07:27:11)

#8 2009-11-14 07:34:59

Did anyone else find Michael S. comment on wicked local interesting? Someone had mentioned they would see him in April (assuming they are talking about the elections since the word on the street is that he and Ellen are running) and he said in response he felt it would be more like after the holidays?

Also, in terms of the town investigating the library. The proper authorities should be notified by Mr. Slager and his witness. If the town attempts to investigate this they have no real ability to bring anyone up on charges. It is obvious that whether real or made up this story has some people thinking. That is the real tragedy of this situation.

I believe that if there is evidence it should be brought to the proper authorities. Also, in this great land no one is going to get convicted of any wrong doing based on something like a ledger that may or may not have existed. In criminal cases the standard is beyond a reasonable doubt. I think there mere fact that the ledger is gone and only one or two people can attest to its existance would certainly create doubt in a reasonable person.

Also, none of us know if in fact someone did see a ledger, how do we know that incriminates anyone?

I also think that you have to put this in perspective, there are some very wealthy people who have supported the library over the years. Usually these people have their taxes done by an accountant, and sometimes their money is handled by another person. Many of these people have no interest in risking a jail term to save a few bucks on their taxes!

This is where I am struggling with this whole thing. The story as presented just doesn't "add up".

Regardless of whether it is truth or fiction it has created an even deeper divide within the community, which is disheartening.....

#9 2009-11-14 08:53:03

IHL - okay ,
many people don't realize that you just say or write rabbi, and to add the word "Jew" to that is an insult.

Your point about Slager throwing in this unrelated story about the crooked and convicted rabbis is lousy journalism...

and there's certainly a good chance he concocted the whole story thinking about the Brooklyn rabbi's money laundering scheme.

I am loath to put Slager and journalism in the same sentence.

See article "Thou Shall Not Steal: Rabbis Masterminded Money Laundering Ring, Say Feds"

Last edited by urneighbor (2009-11-14 08:54:14)

#10 2009-11-14 09:03:34

Cara: I agree 100 per cent with something in excess of 90 percent of what you have said, but  without realizing it you have lent credence to Bobo's delusionary story: e.g.  ".....the mere FACT that the ledger is gone and only one or two people can attest to its existence....."   By making it a "fact" that it is "gone"  implies that it actually existed. The only "fact" is that the ledger being talked about has never been seen by a known live person!     .......and by saying,  "only one or two people can attest to its existence," you are planting , as if a true observation, that something that has not been seen by any known live person, has been "attested to" by these unknowns".

The whole situation is totally upside down....We mouth "innocent until proven guilty", and then support 
the notion that  we must make the people being falsely charged  submit to a process  that re-inforces the  totally unfounded charges  of a  twisted madman!   Slager is the one who must be investigated. ...yet  here we are impling that everybody who has been generous to the library ought to endure the stigma of an investigation!  His primary goal isn't to put people in jail...just wrecking their reputations will serve his purpose just fine.

It's obvious what he will do with this post: "Aha!....Wheeler is trying to block an investigation into his  wife's   mysterious generosity...." 

I'm sure that real investigative journalists and all the organizations whose acromyms we toss around would be crawling all over this place if   we  could just give them one teeny weeny bit of evidence. The key to getting Wareham back on a road to good health is  getting rid of that obscenely evil  nutcase from Halifax.
He must be made to produce something REAL.  He's just jerking all of us around......and should be the focus of any investigation that should happen.

( I'm not angry at YOU, Cara, but as you may have noticed, I am monumentally fed up with Slager....We've got to get rid of him.)

#11 2009-11-14 10:39:58

Mr. Wheeler...the accusations are out there...they need to be addressed...regardless of how anyone comments on something they have read, it doesn't make them any more or less valid... 

Want to hear something really goofy (sorry, your word not mine)?  There is a certain trustee that I hold very near and dear to my heart.  I am hoping beyond all hope that for whatever reason that is totally beyond my comprehension, that these "sources" have some other explanation for saying what they have said other than it is the truth, not because I fear that this wonderful person would be guilty of participating in such a crime but because of the stigma surrounding her because of the "charge". 

An investigation is needed not only to prosecute the guilty if the accusations are true but possibly more importantly, to remove the stigma if the allegations are false. 

Yes, we all know we are innocent until proven guilty....in an ideal world...unfortunately, Wareham is far from ideal...

#12 2009-11-14 11:36:49

Dick:
You are right, what I meant to say was that in a court of law the fact that there is no ledger means, in fact, that for the purposes of introducing this alleged piece of damning evidence that it doesn't exist. I doubt a judge would even allow testimony to it, especially if there are allegedly 123+ people involved and only 2 can testify. Then we have the issue of credibility. I think we all know that at least one of these individuals has an axe to grind and I suspect that grudge goes well beyond MJP and the library.....
In any event, I am still pretty sleep deprieved and should probably wait to comment until life gets a but more normal, that way I can communicate better!
Now, what I will say is that I do not necessarily doubt that MJP kept a record of donors, most non-profits do keep donor information. I guess I do believe that somewhere is a donor list and that is not something MJP would have taken when she retired. That information is valuable to solicit future donations! But, no, I do not believe that anyone was laundering money or cheating on their taxes. For the record, that has nothing to do with the fact that I know many of those who fall into the categories (although they are all upstanding citizens in their own right), it has to do with the sheer absurdity of the claim.
No one would do this, not for the few dollars, and MJP did not have the power to force some of the communities wealthiest families into doing illegal things. Finally, the thought that all these people could keep quiet for all these years is crazy. There is an old saying (thanks Liz), the only way two people can keep a secret is if one of them is dead!
Finally, if some of the communities wealthiest families were really concerned about this whole bit of non-sense don't you think they would "lawyer up" pretty quickly?
I am sorry, I did not mean to speak as if I believe there ever was an evil ledger. I think I need a nap!

#13 2009-11-14 13:19:39

MsLiz:  You have done nothing more than throw out a bunch of words which when taken individually sound ominous...but which in actuality are disconnected and say nothing . Nothing.

The accusers  AND the accused have no names !!  ....And  yet you call for an investigation  of charges  that have not been defined and for which there is not one smidgen of evidence . You go on to propose that we should punish or clear these people  whose names we will never learn and who, as far as the law is concerned, don't exist.   Don't try to tell me you aren't  in this scam up to your neck!

#14 2009-11-14 13:22:35

Dick: I agree with you. The Big Lie by its very nature can easily draw one into a funnel rather than maintaining objectivity. I also strongly agree one of the real issues is why hasn't Slager been investigated; the second and more important one in my own humble opinion is why does the Selectmentality go along with this madman? In effect, it's a repeat performance of what occured when the cloud was cast upon our police. Brucie and the Selectmentality need to be investigated too. For a great many reasons it has been proven they do not support our town because many of their decisions actually undermine much of our town's value. The fact they allow the rag to exist while subsidizing its printing should be investigated first and foremost. What were the bids? Reopen these for public scrutiny. It is a glaring sin of omission that a publication like Slager's be allowed to continue and mouth such lies about our town and that Slager's mouthing be passively acknowledged and more or less accepted. No other town that holds its own institutions as worthwhile would stand for it. It is an outrage!

#15 2009-11-14 13:42:03

Dick Wheeler wrote:

MsLiz:  You have done nothing more than throw out a bunch of words which when taken individually sound ominous...but which in actuality are disconnected and say nothing . Nothing.

Yuh, the tribe has spoken. I watched last night as she shit on the death and memory of the last of my family here and thought, attention whore.

Ms Lilly, lacking anything else to say, wants only distraction. I went to bed thinking I won't oblige her. Then I woke to three angry emails.

Do it somewhere else, Ms Lilly. You're done here.

#16 2009-11-14 14:48:10

Wow, just catching up a little, and only have a few minutes...

What a great thread, as I was reading through it..I was thinking, people talk about civil discourse..well here it is. ihatelz said something, urneighbor then wrote what I was thinking back to "her", I loved "her" response...Cara raised the point about Mike Schneider/ election (hehehe)..and then raised some other great points...Dick called her on the one point that should be made (IMO)..still with me?..Ms Lilly chimes in, everyone tries their best to set her straight (civilly)..and finally, Bill (your awesome Bill) reaches the point that she's done..Given ample opportunity to prove otherwise, the recognition that she (and Bobo) deserve as "smokescreens", and the futility in attempting to engage them as anything other than that is a beautiful thing (IMO)..
..a moment of ZEN for me everyone, thank you..
..oooohhhhmmmmmmmmmm.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-11-14 14:49:02)

#17 2009-11-14 19:57:37

MsLilly wrote:

An investigation is needed not only to prosecute the guilty if the accusations are true but possibly more importantly, to remove the stigma if the allegations are false. 

Yes, we all know we are innocent until proven guilty....in an ideal world...unfortunately, Wareham is far from ideal...

For the first time ever, I have to agree with you MsLilly that while Wareham is still a beautiful community, it's far from ideal.  But its because of the BS spewing from the tabloid many of us recognize as puppy poop paper (absorbs BS like nothing I've ever used).  And MsLilly you my dear spew much of the same BS !  That crap you spewed about electricity is "evidence" that you clearly don't get it.

And as for any investigation, if "needed", it should be initiated by the Bobo himself or he'll continue to have NO credibility.  He has spewed the accusation therefore he should take any and all evidence in his possession or the interviewee's and pursue proving his claim.  You see it's his claim and as I've stated over and over he is not credible.

The only "stigma" is in the small minds of those that believe his BS !

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com