#1 2009-09-17 14:53:23

THE SELECTMAN HAVE A NEW POLICY TO FIRE TOWN WORKERS WHO MOON LITE ON OTHER JOBS , I THINK THIS WILL LEAD TO MORE LAWSUITS AND THE POLICY TO HIRE THE FORMER MAYOR OF BROCTON TO ROOT OUT CORRUPITION IN WAREHAM WORKERS IS JUST CRAP , A SPECIAL COUNCIL IN WAREHAM TO INVESTIGATE CORRUPITION IN WAREHAM WORKERS WILL COST A LOT MORE IN LEGAL FEES AND HOW MUCH CAN OUR  EMBATTLED TOWN WORKERS TAKE, HOW MUCH OUR WE PAYING THIS FOMER BROCTON MAYOR AND IS HE A FREIND OF BROCTON BRENDA?      WAREHAM WILL BE BANKRUPT BY THE NEXT ELECTION.

#2 2009-09-17 15:10:56

It's no wonder everyone makes fun of Bobo.  He sets himself up to be ridiculed.  The BOS set up 2 new policies that would prevent the appearance of a conflict of interest.  The second policy was already in place.  Nothing new there.  How does BoBo twist the facts?  Instead of just talking about the new policies, he ties it into the audit, saying that the BOS is not waiting for the DA they are moving forward with the audit by implementing the new policies.  How does that have any thing to do with the audit???? Sounds like he is trying to lead the reading public into thinking the BOS really is doing something with the audit.

#3 2009-09-17 16:26:08

So, the Plumbing Inspector who only works for the town of Wareham 20 or so hours per week cannot do plumbing work the other days? Or the Electrical Inspector? How do they expect these guys to make a living? Only work twenty hours a week for the town?

#4 2009-09-17 17:11:46

I think they also used the maintenance workers as an example. Someone who works for the maintenance dept not being able to take side jobs on their own time doing gardening work. That seems a bit much. In this economy there are a lot of people who are taking second jobs. Primary jobs are hard to find, finding a second job that fits into your schedule is even harder to find.  It bothers me that a town employee has to tell the TA they have a second job and that the TA has to approve all second jobs. I don’t understand this intrusion into a town employee’s private life. I understand that there may be some conflict of interest issues with certain jobs. I think this is a slippery slope; we may not want to go down.

#5 2009-09-17 17:19:24

When I was a Selectman we had plenty of Town employees that moonlighted.
Yes, it was against policy, but like marny and others of you are well aware, it is tough living on a Town salary now, and then as well.
As long as it does not interfere with that employee's performance on the job, the BOS should just turn their backs on it.
But then again, none of them are employed from what you all tell me. So...how do they survive?
Where do they work?
Where do they get their income?
Most of all:  where in the hell did you find these clowns and how did they possibly get elected?

#6 2009-09-17 17:36:19

I expect they'll use it to target "unwanted" individuals.

PShooter

#7 2009-09-17 17:47:54

I suspect that you are right, little brother PShooter.
You know, with all of the investigative powers that a lot of you possess, has anyone investigated those clowns fully?

#8 2009-09-17 18:11:27

Some of these people cant get a primary job how do you expect them to understand the reality that maybe people need to feed their kids on more than a municipal salary

are they afraid that one of the municipal maintenence workers will bribe a subcontractor and have felonious dirt brought to their house.

who would do such a corrupt thing http://www.capecodtoday.com/blogs/index … te?blog=53

Last edited by sorry not rich (2009-09-17 19:30:20)

#9 2009-09-17 18:11:46

I wonder if unionized employees would see this as a change in working conditions? I wonder if the labor board would agree?

And who are THEY to say who a town emplyee can pick as a lawyer? That one will never work!

#10 2009-09-17 18:50:26

In all fairness.....There are five...count 'em five.... people on the BOS.  We ....I'm including myself....tend to use a broad brush when we are talking about them . This is especially  true when we are talking about their professional lives. There's a  tendency to use the term "losers."  Without getting into the appropriateness of that term for three of them ,we should bear in mind that Jane Donahue has a very responsible  civilian job with the U S Navy in Newport, RI ,and Walter Cruz was a Construction Manager in charge of up to 200 workers in large construction projects up and down the length of the East Coast.  Now that he is "retired" he is as busy as ever  on the local and national scenes as a dog breeder and trainer and as a judge at field trials  across the land.

I point this out because we should avoid statements that could leave us with egg on our faces.

#11 2009-09-17 18:56:27

Thank you, Dick.
I didn't know that.
Now that I do, I shall refrain from the "broad brush" and concentrate on those who justifiably deserve the criticism.
Shame that the two responsible Selectmen don't speak up more and stop the nonsense.
Has anyone reached out to them to let them know that help is coming with two new Selectmen that will act professionally and competently?
I hope so.
You know that you are one of my heroes, Dick.

#12 2009-09-17 19:07:26

With all respect to Dick Wheeler's comment, unless the vote was 3-2 on this stupid policy, then it is certainly ok to paint them all with the same broad brush. They are all idiots!

#13 2009-09-17 19:11:22

jane is as bad as the rest of the selectman ,she does her dirty work behind the scenes, cruz he votes there way all the time and doesnt say much,other than that he is not a problem ,but jane is and she has to go

#14 2009-09-17 19:32:51

ihateliz wrote:

jane is as bad as the rest of the selectman ,she does her dirty work behind the scenes, cruz he votes there way all the time and doesnt say much,other than that he is not a problem ,but jane is and she has to go

I have to agree. I want to give (at least Mr. Cruz), the benefit of the doubt. But, he hasn't shown me very much.

PShooter

#15 2009-09-18 02:04:10

marny wrote:

I think they also used the maintenance workers as an example. Someone who works for the maintenance dept not being able to take side jobs on their own time doing gardening work. That seems a bit much. In this economy there are a lot of people who are taking second jobs. Primary jobs are hard to find, finding a second job that fits into your schedule is even harder to find.  It bothers me that a town employee has to tell the TA they have a second job and that the TA has to approve all second jobs. I don’t understand this intrusion into a town employee’s private life. I understand that there may be some conflict of interest issues with certain jobs. I think this is a slippery slope; we may not want to go down.

I am feeling a scream coming on!  This is sounding like BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU.  If a town worker is doing his job, let him be.  Why can't he have a second job and WHO do they think they are (BOS & ITA) to "approve" all second jobs.  What this person does after he clocks out at the end of the day is nobody's business.  If he's dealing drugs, that's a police matter, which would then effect his job.  Gardening work should only concern them if the employer is growing marijuana and that, again, is a police matter.   

How many police officers over the years drove school bus on their days off or if they worked nights?  Maybe, just maybe this has something to do with Mark Gifford, the director of Municipal Maintenance, who I believe the BOS called a RAT during one of their almost secret meetings.  Trying to get some ammunition in case he takes you to court?  Hmmm, I wonder.

#16 2009-09-18 02:09:21

ihateliz wrote:

THE SELECTMAN HAVE A NEW POLICY TO FIRE TOWN WORKERS WHO MOON LITE ON OTHER JOBS , I THINK THIS WILL LEAD TO MORE LAWSUITS AND THE POLICY TO HIRE THE FORMER MAYOR OF BROCTON TO ROOT OUT CORRUPITION IN WAREHAM WORKERS IS JUST CRAP , A SPECIAL COUNCIL IN WAREHAM TO INVESTIGATE CORRUPITION IN WAREHAM WORKERS WILL COST A LOT MORE IN LEGAL FEES AND HOW MUCH CAN OUR  EMBATTLED TOWN WORKERS TAKE, HOW MUCH OUR WE PAYING THIS FOMER BROCTON MAYOR AND IS HE A FREIND OF BROCTON BRENDA?      WAREHAM WILL BE BANKRUPT BY THE NEXT ELECTION.

Someone needs to be hired to root out the corruption in the Selectmen's office.  We don't need any more special councils, especially one to investigate corruption in regard to persons working for Wareham.  This one may come back and bite them in the ass.

#17 2009-09-18 08:39:47

commonsense wrote:

And who are THEY to say who a town emplyee can pick as a lawyer? That one will never work!

I wonder if that policy has something to do with the BOS wanting to keep town employees from going to that Beauregard firm in New Bedford that has been kicking the selectmen's ass.

They're not going to be able to legally dictate who people can go to as their lawyer.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-09-18 08:40:23)

#18 2009-09-18 08:51:24

I wonder. The P.T. police chief, is he a moonlighter? If a town employee says the town job is his moonlighting job does he need permission to work his primary job?

#19 2009-09-18 09:06:09

1.. of my biggest concerns is that and engineer on main st wareham does a job for the town.. now a town employee needs a new septic this engineer cant do the job for the septic....
THE BOS ARE TAKING AWAY BUSINESS FROM THIS ENGINEER..in the NOONE WILL DO BUSINESS WITH THE TOWN!! 1 town job vs 200+ or _ employee jobs in the next year which would the engineer choose.. how is the BOS showning growth and fiscal responsibilty for our town and town business owners..

2.. bos can set policies but not interfere day-to-day by firing employees because of this new policy.. excellent loophole..

#20 2009-09-18 09:18:33

If you'll re-read my post you'll note that I was referring to our  making remarks such as,"None of them could get a real job."....Because that isn't true across the board. What I noted were facts independent of their performance which we often forget, thus setting ourselves up  for a counter attack when one of us says  something like, "Can't those  BOS clowns get anything right?" That's all I meant.

#21 2009-09-18 10:29:34

3..what about police who are also national guard or reserves where does that leave them under this new policy??

#22 2009-09-18 12:33:38

The town makes workers take furloughs , pay cuts, raise freezes, ot cut back and they tell you, you can't take a second job on your own time. I smell lawsuits

#23 2009-09-18 12:39:38

This sounds like something out of 1984 - George Orwell, "Big Brother/BOS is Watching You!"

I wouldn't have any problem if the policy was, "Don't work on side-business during your town employment hours and don't use town equipment or supplies etc to do your side-job."  Other than that, I don't see a problem with employees working in their free time.

Working is a good thing, Bobo and at least 2 of the BOS members I can think of should try it some time.

The lawyer thing isn't going to fly either.  They can't dictate who people have represent them.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-09-18 12:44:38)

#24 2009-09-18 13:29:08

Bruce has executed a very careful plan creating chaos in Wareham:

1.   Do some outrageous things like the Audit, using CPC funds, firing employees without cause, taking land by eminent domain with obvious self interest, discourage volunteers who don't play his game, eliminate Depatments and Commissions, on & on...all with no public input or mediation or telling the truth.

2.   Wait for the public outcry.

3.   Prompt Slager to lie defend his actions.

4.   Wait to get sued

5.   Initiate lawsuit or witch hunts

6.    Hire the battery of lawyers from K&P with no limit on costs

7.    Ignore public outcry

8.    More Slager twisting of the truth and other distractions

9.    Now, hire a politically connected Brockton lawyer to squelch due process

10.   Sit back with satisfaction at the chaos he has created - at the expense of         the public - expecting to qualify higher office - Mayor of Wareham or State Rep?

God help us if Bruce Sauvageau's dreams come true!

He has been Wareham's Greatest Nightmare!

#25 2009-09-18 13:36:38

My list above is not complete.  Fellow bloggers: please submit your own lists of all the people, places and things that have been adversely affected by the wrong doings of BS for the past nine years.  An old fashioned PIG ROAST!

#26 2009-09-18 13:37:32

I'm not sure that the policy absolutely forbids moonlighting or second jobs. We all need to read the policy as it is worded before we make claims that aren't valid. From the discussion at the bos meeting, I thought it related to getting jobs because of some connection to your own job. There should be no conflict of interest, no pressuring people to hire certain companies because they do a lot of work for the town. I don't think the bos were very clear in their explanation especially if it has caused a lot of confusion.

If you work for municipal maintenance as a janitor, how would it be a problem if your side job was gardening/landscaping and your clients had nothing to do with the town? If you work for the town and are a member of the national guard, how would that be some sort of conflict of interest? I don't think this is what the policy is all about--or at least it shouldn't be.

Let's get our facts straight here. Does anyone have a copy of the policy? Let's see what it says exactly. If I am wrong about this, I apologize. But I'm pretty sure they are not trying to keep part time town employees from working other jobs to support their families.

#27 2009-09-18 14:26:13

I'm with you Molly. When we make a mistake in an accusation it's same as an interception in football: suddenly you're on the defensive. I can hear my mother saying: "You don't have to get out of the trouble you didn't get into in the first place."

#28 2009-09-18 14:38:39

Molly wrote:

I'm not sure that the policy absolutely forbids moonlighting or second jobs. We all need to read the policy as it is worded before we make claims that aren't valid. From the discussion at the bos meeting, I thought it related to getting jobs because of some connection to your own job. There should be no conflict of interest, no pressuring people to hire certain companies because they do a lot of work for the town. I don't think the bos were very clear in their explanation especially if it has caused a lot of confusion.

If you work for municipal maintenance as a janitor, how would it be a problem if your side job was gardening/landscaping and your clients had nothing to do with the town? If you work for the town and are a member of the national guard, how would that be some sort of conflict of interest? I don't think this is what the policy is all about--or at least it shouldn't be.

Quote from bornofwareham:
I think part of this may be from someone who handed out business cards to people whose homes had been burglarized, and his side business is installing alarms.  Funny thing, though, knowing this person as I do, I'm sure he would love to have the business but he would expect the homowner to call around for prices.  Just my opinion, but this may be what the BOS are basing this on.
Unquote by bornof wareham

Let's get our facts straight here. Does anyone have a copy of the policy? Let's see what it says exactly. If I am wrong about this, I apologize. But I'm pretty sure they are not trying to keep part time town employees from working other jobs to support their families.

Last edited by bornofwareham (2009-09-18 14:40:58)

#29 2009-09-18 15:25:43

waterview wrote:

waterview, you hit the nail right on the head.

PShooter

#30 2009-09-18 21:42:08

well why is bruce so hateful against the town ??
is it screw you?
iv`e got 7 months left .
kind of like a lame duck president.
is he running for reelection .
he should know by know , it`s over.
his attitude towards everything ,is my way or the highway.
or in his mind I am the great Brucie "do you know who I am "
Most people up for reelection change there views.
to get reelected.
this man is on a head on collision , with a train.
it  makes no  sense.
kinda like this post haha

#31 2009-09-18 21:46:35

onset ma wrote:

well why is bruce so hateful against the town ??

He's been like this for a long time. He's gotten re-elected despite it. If he gets his way, he'll be Councilman or Mayor in one year, or less.

PShooter

Last edited by PShooter (2009-09-18 21:47:32)

#32 2009-09-18 23:22:14

LIZdaGNOME wrote:

3..what about police who are also national guard or reserves where does that leave them under this new policy??

Protected by state and federal laws.

#33 2009-09-20 08:28:47

waterview wrote:

1.   Do some outrageous things like the Audit, using CPC funds, firing employees without cause, taking land by eminent domain with obvious self interest, discourage volunteers who don't play his game, eliminate Depatments and Commissions, on & on...all with no public input or mediation or telling the truth.

2.   Wait for the public outcry.

3.   Prompt Slager to lie defend his actions.

4.   Wait to get sued

5.   Initiate lawsuit or witch hunts

6.    Hire the battery of lawyers from K&P with no limit on costs

7.    Ignore public outcry

8.    More Slager twisting of the truth and other distractions

9.    Now, hire a politically connected Brockton lawyer to squelch due process

10.   Sit back with satisfaction at the chaos he has created - at the expense of         the public - expecting to qualify higher office - Mayor of Wareham or State Rep?

God help us if Bruce Sauvageau's dreams come true!

He has been Wareham's Greatest Nightmare!

#34 2009-09-20 08:37:02

sorry...trying to drag as a new topic.  Help?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com