#1 2009-08-12 00:34:49

This is the complete meeting audio, except for the period when Mr. Brady was consulting the police (which lasted approx. 14 minutes), which I edited out for listening convenience. Total run time is about 1:45. Click the link below to listen.

"Community/Take Back Wareham" Meeting 07/30/09

PShooter

pshooter59@yahoo.com

Last edited by PShooter (2009-10-16 19:25:22)

#2 2009-08-12 02:43:43

FYI: If you just can't wait to hear/relive Steve letting Bobo have it, it starts at
3:30 of the (6 of 9) post.

Last edited by Savage Joes a Dbag (2009-08-12 03:25:36)

#3 2009-08-12 09:08:12

great work!!! i must say the es make me so mad i want to spit cronan says "he will tell them to thier faces" well mark g was before that very same board and cronan several weeks later and he didnt say a word. he did praise him for mowing the little league field which has been rumored cronan called him to do so but no talk of being a RAT!! again great job..

#4 2009-08-12 10:01:10

Thanks Liz, Xsession was  my "test post", to see if I could get it posted correctly. It definitely shows their true colors. I hope not only those who missed the meeting, but people who did attend give it another listen. I've listened to it numerous times while getting the posts up, etc. and I catch something new everytime. Please, if anyone knows people who might want to hear this, forward the link in emails, post it on your Facebook account, etc.
PShooter(Not Bobo's Buddy)

#5 2009-08-12 12:01:10

I read in another thread that now Bobo thinks it's a felony to post the audio. Make up your mind Bobo. Was it a public meeting or not? I'll be like you (in this situation). It serves MY agenda, in this circumstance, to view it as a public forum. By taking a consensus (you can listen to it on the audio) of attending citizens, we chose to allow Bobo & the Gang to stay. It then, became a public forum.

Though I'm sure Bobo & the Gang won't believe it, I had never met Mr. Brady before the meeting, and he didn't know I recorded it until days after the meeting (when I contacted him and told him I did it). I am responsible for this recording, and the posting of it. Get your aim straight, dinkwad.

p.s. Bobo, have your speaker from the meeting (whom you claim to be spokesperson for) send me an email and I'll listen to what they have to say. I'll be like you, if I don't like what I hear I'll just ignore it.

Last edited by PShooter (2009-08-13 03:33:13)

#6 2009-08-12 17:48:28

Hey Bobo, FYI:

Public Meetings
Massachusetts open meetings law expressly permits sound and video recording of public meetings (i.e., meetings of a governmental body required to be open to the public by law), except for executive sessions, by anyone in attendance. The statute provides, however, that video equipment must be "fixed in one or more designated locations determined by the governmental body" and that the recording must not actively interfere with the conduct of the meeting. See Mass. Gen. Laws. ch. 39, § 23B(9)

Also, to quote from my previous post:

"...Make up your mind Bobo. Was it a public meeting or not? I'll be like you (in this situation). It serves MY agenda, in this circumstance, to view it as a public forum. By taking a consensus (you can listen to it on the audio) of attending citizens, we chose to allow Bobo & the Gang to stay. It then, became a public forum."

..and as others have pointed out the BOS showed up and stayed. Put the "Public" stamp on it right then & there. Are we done?
pshooter59@yahoo.com

Last edited by PShooter (2009-08-12 17:51:00)

#7 2009-08-12 18:25:58

I'll try to be a little more civil in this post:

Mr. Slager,
This dialogue will be entirely done (on my part), through this thread. I will post each of your email's here.

Email I rec'd @ 6 pm from Mr. Slager,

"Nope. We're not done. The selectmen never called their meeting to order, which means it wasn't an official meeting. Mr. Brady can be clearly heard during the meeting saying he had the right to decide who can attend, which cannot occur during a public meeting. I happen to agree with you on one point, however. I considered it a public meeting. But if that's the case, Mr. Brady violated the civil rights of those he denied entry into the meeting. You and Mr. Brady can't have it both ways. Either he violated the civil rights of local residents or you illegally recorded and posted a private meeting. So which is it?

Robert Slager"

Mr. Slager,
First of all, I thought you wanted my email so one of the speakers could contact me. Whatever. Bob Brady's views on whether he believes the meeting was public or not is of no concern to me. THEY ARE HIS VIEWS. I, as I said before, believe it essentially "became" a public meeting once a general consensus of those gathered chose to allow you and the BOS to remain. I mean, you're a little ridiculous. Public/private...is there legal recourse??? If you have anything to go on, run with it. Otherwise, it's just fodder for your "newspaper/blog". Also, you write in your email"...The selectmen never called their meeting to order, which means it wasn't an official meeting." Is this an admission that they broke the open meeting law? Once the decision was made to allow "uninvited guests" to remain, I believe anyone who bothered to try, would have gained admission. The ITA left. I think if he was worth his salt he would have stuck around and seen if he'd be able to get in after the dust settled. He obviously had the time, he planned on attending the meeting, right? 

PShooter(proud member of "powerelitehatebloggerdictatorialthoughtpolice")

Last edited by PShooter (2009-08-13 16:42:13)

#8 2009-08-12 18:47:38

This reminds me of two blind people who cross the road together.
Because there are two...are they sighted?
I would love to know the name of Mr. Sleezer's lawyer, so I can tell him what a dumb ass he is (in my opinion).

#9 2009-08-12 19:09:28

Email I rec'd from Mr. Slager @ 6:50 pm

"No. It means there was never any meeting at all. You can't violate open meeting law when a meeting was never called to order.
    What makes you beleive an audience can decide whether the meeting was public or private? Brady said many times the meeting was private. I have copies of e-mails in which he said it to other people. He made numerous statements to the media in which he said he had the authority to decide who could attend. Clearly in his mind it wasn't a public meeting, and he was the host.
    My position was, and still is, that he didn't have the authority to make that decision. That's why it was a public meeting. The only reason people were allowed to stay is because the police declined to remove them. It had nothing to do with Brady. The vote you speak of wasn't whether to allow us to stay. It was made pretty clear we weren't going to leave. The vote was whether to continue the meeting or to rescheduled it.
   So, once again, either it was a public meeting or it was a private meeting. You believe it was a public meeting. If proven so, you have not violated any laws, so all this shouldn't be of concern.
    May I ask your name, please, so that I can include your viewpoint in a story I'm preparing? Thank you.

Robert Slager"

Ok then, Mr. Slager, I Do believe he had the authority to call a private meeting, and You & the others circumvented that authority. I don't feel you took any momentous stand. I believe you disrupted a group of concerned citizens of wareham who are unhappy with their leadership, and your paper/blog. Obviously, if I wanted you to know my name, you'd already have it. I wouldn't concern myself too much about that. I don't fit any of the labels you've given those who converse here. I am not "power elite", not CBW, not even a "hateblogger". I just have opposing views to yours', and the leadership of Wareham.

PShooter(Not having alot of fun right now)

Last edited by PShooter (2009-08-13 16:48:19)

#10 2009-08-12 19:45:54

You're the man Pshooter...BBrady...I tried to answer your private message, but your mailbox is full.

#11 2009-08-12 20:07:17

Try this; tell bobo to put up or shut up. He should drop a load of money on his shitty lawyers desk and sue for whatever law he thinks was broken!

I'll bet slagers not that confident, but he'll whine like a little bitch, as usual, and claim some law or right was broken....with zero follow up. Sounds like a sweet brucie tactic doesn't it.

Save you stupid retoric for the idiots that believe you slager. Or lawyer up and prove it if your so confident.

A reporter that attacks citizens... Where will end bob?

#12 2009-08-12 20:15:25

This is the invitation to Bob Brady's meeting:

bbrady wrote:

Please tell your friends,

Hear ye! Hear ye!

Fellow citizens of Wareham,
Are you unhappy with our leadership?
Do you feel that our community is headed in the wrong direction?
If so, please join us at the Wareham Middle School auditorium on
Thursday, July 30th at 6:30 PM
We will share concerns and plan a course for the future in
which we all become participants in change that will move
Wareham in a new direction.
The following are a few of the concerns: (A more detailed
list of additional concerns will be available at the meeting.)

Violations of the Board of Selectmen:
1. Violations of their Oath of Office
2. Violations of the Open Meeting Law
3. Violations of the Wareham Home Rule Charter
4. Decisions have wasted taxpayer money and therefore
decreased funds available for preferred services.
5. Actions that have led to unnecessary legal costs.
• Removal of a fully competent Town Administrator.
• Causing more lawsuits than ever in our history.
• Improperly firing town employees.
• Taking improper actions against the Library Board of Trustees.
• Incurring unnecessary expenses surrounding Maple Springs Road,
the computer audit, the Barker property (also lost $225,000 in
grant funding), Oceanside Dr. signage, and the Swift’s Beach
land taking to name a few.
6. Violations of access to public information by:
• Failing to comply with all Massachusetts Public Records Law requests.

While later he basically disinvited the press and BoS, it seems to me that nobody who came to this meeting would have an objection that would hold up in court that they had a reasonable expectation of privacy which was violated by the meeting being recorded and put online.

Still, if a recording is going to be made at meetings which aren't held by public bodies it is always best to announce that anyone who doesn't want to be recorded should leave.

#13 2009-08-12 20:38:30

Does WCTV get "model releases" and "hold harmless" from everyone at a BOS or other meetings they cover?
How many times a day do you think you are video recorded or audio recorded wherever you may go?
Security cameras? Audio attached?
We on Earth understand this, strange persons.

#14 2009-10-16 17:31:42

I figured I'd dust off this old thread for this.

Couldn't make it to the meeting at the Elk's Thursday (10/15)? Here ya go, click'n listen....

TBW2

PShooter
TAKEBACKWAREHAM

Last edited by PShooter (2009-10-17 16:27:19)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com