#1 2009-03-16 14:30:52

rag is already labeling the $121000 stimulus money to the town" Public safety" money.

this money is for police depts. and is based on felony arrests per capita.

it should also be noted that plymouth with 110 officers got about   $30,ooo  ,   guess these guys 40 or so guys  arent as bad as selectman think huh bob. 

when he labels something you know the writing is on the wall and he is setting the stage.  how much you want to bet they try to use it elsewhere just to spite the p.d. 

maybe they can give it to coleman for a  new vice squad at crime watch

this town is a riot

#2 2009-03-16 14:50:07

Public safety money  ?  Maybe they'll pay for the fireworks  event with the money and still lay off  the police.
   Speaking of Coleman. What ever happened to the meeting. He doesn't want to come out and clear the air and prove he's a retired officer. And explain how he was actually a cop. And he never got in trouble in Boston....... He's suspiciously quiet....

#3 2009-03-16 15:14:06

well guess what their is crime in wareham and this police dept is keeping it under control, the problem is that are gov. has been taken over by crooks and  they are feeling the heat and are pushing back against honset gov. ex    1 bruce  has a police record as long as your arm   . 2   brenda  drunkin driving   3 cronan a convicted dirt thief .    4  bruce and brenda caught falsifying loan douctmentation involving the town of wareham.  bruce and brenda incouraged andrade with a police record as long as your arm to come before the selectman to complain against officer pillsbury . andrade was risisting arrest and pillsbury had to mace him fearful for his life.                                                                                                                                                                 then their is mary ann silva her son a convicted murder,   fontes son driving around with someone with someone wanted on a warrant , the donaues steal peoples campaign signs .    bruce not paying his taxes, driving around with suppended licence , bruce  wife driving arounded with  an uninsured car. is it a wonder they have a high disregard for the police, and by the way bruce parked in a 30 min ,. parking space  at the bliss hearing , his car was their for over 4 hrs , he should have got a ticket did not ,the police are prabally intimated by him.     bruce says over and over again do you know who i am ?   why i am the king of wareham. the king because  and awful lot of people do not have a spine and they let me get away with anything i want.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                their are a few who have fought against me ms pillsbury,chief joyce  and mr decas but i have stonwalled them with my own persoall newspaper  that slager runs and mary ann runs elections keeping us in power,and that wuss sanquist is are lapdog.       and dont forget maxim the drunk from onset and officer baptiste (allrged rapist) and brenda(who has hoof and mouth disease)are slager and my informants.

#4 2009-03-16 20:36:19

TBL

Speaking of public safety... People have no clue how busy the Wareham Police are.  99.9 percent of what the police in this town do goes unreported. Even major incidents and arrests often do not end up in the paper. The Wareham Police do a great job arresting criminals but they do a bad job telling people about all the great work they do. Here are a few examples from this weekend.

1. Sunday night a young man was beaten, and robbed. Within an hour two suspects were tracked down and arrested. A third suspect has been identified and his capture will likely happen soon.

2. Saturday night the Wareham Police learned a woman was being held captive in a vehicle and that the vehicle may be passing through Wareham. Within just a few minutes an alert Wareham Officer located the suspect vehicle. When the victim saw the cruiser she ran to him yelling for help. The suspect was taken into custody.

3. Saturday night a large teenage drinking party was broken up and 23 people were arrested. Tragedy may have been avoided because one teenaged female was dangerously intoxicated and suffering from hypothermia. The officers on scene located her and called an ambulance. (Remind you of a fatal drinking party incident a few months ago where a teenaged girl was found dead in the woods after a teen drinking party?) That girl probably owes her life to Wareham's finest.

4. The guy that was all over the news last week for robbing a store in Brockton with a loaded shotgun and who had the shotgun wrestled away from him by the store owner was arrested by the Wareham Police on a traffic stop Saturday night. Good thing the robber had his gun taken away from him by the store owner because the unsuspecting officer could of been blasted as he walked up to the car. An officer never knows what he is getting into when he pulls over a car. (Remember a few months back when Brenda questioned the need for two or three cruisers at a traffic stop? There is your answer Brenda!)

Aside from these few incidents there was also the usual domestic violence calls, drunks, fights, breaking and enterings, and car accidents. If you don't believe me check out the police logs for March 14 and 15 on the Wareham Police website. Stay informed and support your local police.

Meanwhile, this week at the selectmen's meeting a guy who is VERY well known the police will likely be speaking at the meeting to complain about a parking ticket he got from Bruce's least favorite officer. It should come as no surprise to anyone that Bruce and Brenda encouraged him to come to the meeting and complain. Of course this guy will spin a GREATLY exaggerated story and Bruce and Brenda will try to hide their joy as the officer is bashed by a guy who has less credability than the former Iraqi Infromation Minister who was dubbed "Baghdad Bob" by the media because of his outrageous lies.

Last edited by TBL (2009-03-16 21:16:27)

#5 2009-03-16 20:39:45

Gees, I believe it was Potter that said it's the citizens that come to you.  You have no idea what they're going to say. 

Too bad you don't know that Brenda & Bruce know what they are going to say, because THEY sought HIM.  LIARS!!

#6 2009-03-16 21:20:29

does anyone know if bruce sent an apologey to officer pillsbury like he said he would for calling  officer pillsbury  a name. i doubt it . we need to know if he did or is just lieing again.

#7 2009-03-16 21:23:29

i think  the police should have some officers present tues. at the selectmens meeting to refute any lies brught bye bruce and brenda on any police officer.

#8 2009-03-16 21:45:29

TBL

ihateliz wrote:

i think  the police should have some officers present tues. at the selectmens meeting to refute any lies brught bye bruce and brenda on any police officer.

That won't happen. They are professionals and are not going to get into an argument with the selectmen. Not to mention police officers can't just show up and speak for the department.

Last edited by TBL (2009-03-16 21:51:14)

#9 2009-03-16 22:41:21

ihateliz wrote:

I would think an action like that could be misinterpreted as the officers using their position in an attempt to intimidate.

I'm sure they will respond professionally afterwards....

But hopefully not on "Official Town Letterhead" OH, THE HORROR!!!

#10 2009-03-16 23:03:19

commonsense wrote:

ihateliz wrote:

BUT what if the media comes to the police station, do they need to take off their uniforms before they can speak?

#11 2009-03-16 23:09:03

No, just the "official town patch" LOL

#12 2009-03-16 23:09:43

We are very fortunate to have such dedicated individuals in all of the emergency services! Billw, maybe a specific link to the police reports would give people viewing this site the opportunity to access that info to show how busy our Police, Firefighters and EMT's really are.  We may as well start reporting on their hard work because none of those other assholes and one whole ass will!

#13 2009-03-16 23:23:20

This is the link to the Office Down Memorial Page and National Fallen Firefighters Memorial site

http://www.odmp.org/     

http://www.firehero.org/ 

Very sobering.

#14 2009-03-16 23:49:00

TBL

Mixie wrote:

commonsense wrote:

ihateliz wrote:

BUT what if the media comes to the police station, do they need to take off their uniforms before they can speak?

Rank and file officers are not allowed to speak to the media unless they have special permission. This is a common practice on every police force.

#15 2009-03-17 01:09:03

Hellcat wrote:

Billw, maybe a specific link to the police reports would give people viewing this site the opportunity to access that info to show how busy our Police, Firefighters and EMT's really are.

I've puzzled on that idea a couple months and can only summon reasons to pass, for many of the same reasons rank and file officers are barred from speaking to the media, unless they're BOS approved cheese eaters.

A brief visit to the Wareham PD's blotter earlier this evening, for instance, revealed a name I know. Nice enough guy, few bricks shy of full load maybe but reliable, when he's sober.

But I don't want to read some anonymous slob observe, "One look at his wife, you see why he drinks!" True or not, that doesn't help anyone. Unless they're public office holders, people with troubled lives in a town this size already bring enough ridicule on themselves.

There is a market for chronic fuckup stories and I even owned the domain name DailyTrainWreck.com, for a while. Those're empty calories, though - infotainment at your neighbor's expense - and I don't want to write them.

#16 2009-03-17 13:24:25

TBL

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/BJA/recoveryJA … tions.html

The above is a link to the distribution breakdown for the federal grant given to cities and towns for police officers. In Massachusetts there are 351 cities and towns. Out of those 351 communities, 144 were eligible for grant money. Out of those 144 communities, Wareham ranked 23 in the amount of money we are getting. That's right. Wareham with a relatively small population, is ranked in the top 25 for federal police money.

Here is the breakdown of the top 25 for grant distribution in Massachusetts based on crime rates.

1. Boston

2. Springfield

3. Worcester

4. Brockton - #1 Ranking in Plymouth County for police grant money

5. Fall River

6. New Bedford

7. Lynn

8. Lowell

9. Holyoke

10. Chelsea

11. Lawrence

12. Cambridge

13. Chicopee

14. Fitchburg

15. Pittsfield

16. Barnstable

17. Haverhill

18. Taunton

19. Quincy

20. Somerville

21. Revere

22. Malden

23. WAREHAM - Second only to Brockton in Plymouth County for police grant money

24. Leominster

25. Brookline

That is quite a group we belong to!

There are 119 other communities in Massachusetts that received smaller amounts of grant money. Many of them have much larger populations and larger police departments than Wareham and they are located in urban and semi-urban areas. Meanwhile the town administrator wants to layoff police officers and cut already understaffed dispatchers. Which means that some of the police officers that still have jobs will be inside answering phones, instead of out on the street where they are needed.

Remember this list during the selectmen meeting when the selectmen are spending their time pampering a guy with zero credability and who is looking for a big payday, courtesy of Wareham taxpayers, complain about a $15.00 parking ticket he deserved to get.

Last edited by TBL (2009-03-17 14:06:51)

#17 2009-04-25 18:34:18

TBL

I hope everyone that goes to town meeting will support the purchase of Tasers for the police department. It appears the selectmen are against this purchase but Tasers are a useful tool that prevent injuries to officers and criminal suspects. Right now the police only have a few Tasers so sometimes officers have to go without. Hopefully in a couple years they will all have their own Taser so they can carry them for all of their duties but the town needs to purchase a few Tasers each year to accomplish this.

Would you want a Taser if you had to confront a suicidal knife wielding person covered in blood contaminated with god knows what type of disease and that is refusing to drop their knife?

Would you want to wrestle with a drunk soaked in his own urine?

Would you want to fight with a violent drug addict that will not listen to reason and calm down?

Tasers greatly reduce the need for police to fight with a criminal suspect. Without Tasers officers have to resort to other defensive tactics like baton strikes, punches, and kicks. In a knock down drag out fight both the officers and suspects are likely to be injured. A Taser costs a few hundred dollars. A visit to the emergency room and follow up doctor visits cost many thousands. An officer out on injury leave costs the town money by being paid for while out of work and by filling the manpower gap with officers on overtime.

Tasers are a great tool and your officers deserve them.

Last edited by TBL (2009-04-25 18:37:33)

#18 2009-04-25 18:48:22

I probably will vote in favor of the laser.  I hope people will be there to line up at the microphone to educate the voters on the use of tasers.  I wonder if brucie will use the amnestry international ploy to evoke sympathy.  Where is Howie Carr when you need him?

#19 2009-04-25 19:38:13

I can't speak for anyone else here, but I'll reach into my own pocket if officers responding to the next reported disturbance at Château Sauvageau are taser equipped. What? Come on, y'all know the next Brucie meltdown is right around the corner.

In fact, let's start a Brucie Meltdown Pool, with first prize a shiny new taser for the Police Dept, inscribed with your name!

#20 2009-04-25 21:09:00

Pet Peeves - Drivers who don't use their turn signals. Drivers who drive in the left lane and won't pull over to let you pass (one of the number one causes of road rage). Drivers who pass on the right (you can only do this on a divided highway), Drivers who go 50 mph on Cranberry Hwy where it is conspicuously posted 35 mph - strictly enforced, Drivers who go 40 plus in front of Decas School (20 mph all day, all night), Drivers who don't slow down when approaching a construction zone where there are police officers, workers in the road, orange cones, flashing lights, etc. ( 100.00 dollar fine), drivers who weave in and out of traffic, Drivers who don't stop at stop signs..especially Gibbs Ave by the church, Hathaway at Main, Old Town Hall, blowing through red lights by Gateway Gas in the morning, bypass west at Depot Street, drivers who turn right at red lights without stopping first, people who want the police to scare their kids so they will behave, adults who engage in physical fights (grow up...are you in the 7th grade?), people who call the police to solve all of their problems, people who say, "I pay your salary", Drivers who have their cellphones glued to their ear, drivers who take off after hitting your car in parking lot, hundreds more...What are your pet peeves?

#21 2009-04-25 22:46:53

Here's to you, hellrazor, and to the absolute worst motorists in the Commonwealth. I know, I know, there's high competition for such a low honor but I still say we win, or lose, respective of your view. The following is a minor classic.

The CutOff

Among its many well-deserved reputations, New England has long been famous for exaggerating and, indeed, perfecting a variety of common bad-driving maneuvers. Others may veer, but New Englanders swerve with pride. We've been able to dominate this idiot-motorist Olympiad for decades in part because we specialize by state. Mainers have honed the art of meandering hapless at 30 m.p.h. while straddling the white line, thus perennially cinching the Mr. Magoo event. Connecticut drivers are the unchallenged champs of entering high-speed traffic without looking and then slowing down to half the posted limit. New Hampshire drivers are best at tailgating cars with out-of-state plates. Vermonters speed on icy roads. And Rhode Islanders usually take first place in the Changing Lanes Without Signaling competition.

Here in Massachusetts, where we boast more creatively bad drivers than any place on earth, our sins are many. But if you had to narrow our anti-skills down to the one dangerous hell-on-wheels ploy at which we most excel, it would be our talent for cutting one another off. The cutoff: In Massachusetts, it's never unexpected; it's a fact of vehicular life. French skiers have the Alps in which to polish their competitive edge. Massachusetts drivers have rotaries, perfect practice courses for developing cutoff technique. Entering a rotary invariably requires cutting someone off. Once in, a rotary navigator has to thwart entering motorists at every merge (cutoff defense may be our second-best bad driving skill). And finally, you have to cut somebody off to exit a rotary (or else drive counterclockwise forever).

No other state offers beginning drivers so much opportunity to learn bad habits. With the chrome-and steel maelstrom of rotary-driving as our basic-training baptism by fire, tamer cutoff situations are child's play. Likewise, our commonwealth's wealth of stupidly engineered merges -- the funnel to the tunnel to and from Logan or the I-93 North / Tobin Bridge cross-traffic split -- makes mastering the cutoff an essential survival skill.

We excel in all cutoff categories except entering Interstates, which we cede to Connecticut. The simple high-speed highway cutoff is no challenge at all. Just wiggle the wheel and accelerate; don't worry, the other guy will hit the brakes. (High-speed cutoffs from the left are for sissies; blindsiding is the key to success; always pass recklessly on the right.)

Pulling into traffic from a parking lot is fundamental; Inch forward like a lineman trying to pull the defense offsides, and when an oncoming car gives an inch, floor it (turn left or right; never signal; turning left allows you to cut off two cars at once and earn bonus points).

The right-on-red law offers unlimited chances for surprise cutoffs: Don't look, just go, and should the driver whose car you threaten to broadside honk, just act offended, make an obscene gesture, and plow ahead. Confident cutoff experts, of course, show off with the high-chutzpa red-light cutoff: Pull up to the head of the traffic line in the parking lane, then zip left on green (10 points for entering traffic this way; 25 for completing a left turn).

The well-executed cutoff is the soul of Massachusetts driving. And we're real pros. We can do it with our eyes closed.

--------------------
Primer
Boston Globe Sunday Magazine 01-05-92
Clif Garboden is a freelance writer.

#22 2009-05-01 10:11:49

TBL

I'm glad to see the taser purchase was approved. I know Bruce tried to make it look like the Wareham Police are zapping everyone in sight. But when you consider about 2,000 arrests made per year and with the increase of people resisting arrest as respect for the law declines, along with the rest of our society, then 17 taser uses within a year is a very small number. Unfortunately statistics are not kept for how many criminal suspects decided to surrender peacefully after being warned that a taser would be used.

As far as Bruce comparing Wareham taser uses to other communities, like this quote from Bruce from a Courier article, “It’s statistical data,” Sauvageau said. “Big cities around us don’t have half the taser activity we do.”

Bruce, how many big cities are there around Wareham? Are Carver, Marion, Rochester, Bourne, and Plymouth big cities? Maybe Bruce was talking about New Bedford. Well Bruce, New Bedford police have yet to be equipped with tasers.

Tasers have been around in many other parts of the country for about twenty years, but tasers were only approved for use in Massachusetts a few years ago. Wareham was one of the first towns to put tasers to use. Being on the cutting edge of anything is very unusual for the Wareham Police. Despite what some people in town may think, there is no fat or excess in the police budget. Wareham has a very basic police force with no fancy equipment or special units. Even the laptop computers in the cruisers are ancient and cannot run modern computer programs that let officers do reports in their cruisers instead of leaving their patrol areas unprotected to return to the station to do a report.

Because tasers are so new to Massachusetts the vast majority of police departments still do not have them. So it is very unfair and misleading for Bruce to compare the use of tasers by Wareham Police to a city like New Bedord that does not even have tasers to begin with.

As time goes on tasers will be become much more common as more and more Massachusetts police departments put them into service. But for now Wareham officers are among the fortunate few who can rely on a taser to help keep them safe.

Last edited by TBL (2009-05-01 10:35:14)

#23 2009-05-01 17:10:34

the reason for so many people being tasered is simple: they deserved it!!..I found it quite ironic that the number of new liquor liscences requested was eight, same as the number of tasers!!..let's expand the use of these effective tools and give one to every bar in town..when the officer arrives for any disturbance, the perp will have already been subdued..do other towns our size have a police log anywhere as large as ours??..keep up the good work WPD..

#24 2009-05-01 17:27:29

TBL

slagisDB wrote:

do other towns our size have a police log anywhere as large as ours??..keep up the good work WPD..

See post #16 above and look at that list. Look at the cities that Wareham is near on that list. If Bruce wants to compare Wareham to big city police departments maybe he should start with the low manpower compared to those cities on that list. Yeah money is tight but Bruce would try to stick it to the police even if Wareham was awash in cash.

#25 2009-05-03 19:28:53

TBL

Never mind about the tasers being approved. I heard the town administrator removed the tasers from the article before it was voted on.

Why is some pencil pushing office dweeb deciding what tools the police should have access to while they deal with people that would make him piss his pants and run the other way?

#26 2009-05-03 21:17:23

TBL:
Yes the Inept Butt Monkey removed the tasers.
Just for the record, the Courier has linked to the articles Bruce quotes and Amnesty International has not cited Wareham, the AI article compains about taser use, but to put them in perspective they are opposed to stoning people too.

#27 2009-05-03 21:21:15

ed pacevich is an asshole.

#28 2009-05-03 21:24:40

Don't cut the tazer budget, bro!

Seriously, if you do, then dudes like this will be left untazed...

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-05-03 21:29:10)

#29 2009-05-03 21:39:26

Selectman Not Happy With Independent Review

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#30 2009-05-03 23:15:04

This selectman seems to be doing well after being tazed....

#31 2009-05-04 17:50:36

TBL

A selectman that gets along with the police. Must be nice.

Last edited by TBL (2009-05-04 17:51:04)

#32 2009-05-04 19:14:58

Don't get too excited TBL, that only happens when the selectmen are law abiding citizens!

#33 2009-05-04 20:32:30

That only happens also when the Selectmen work towards what is best for the town rather what is best for themselves or their own egos.

I don't remember mrs Moderator saying please elect me, I want to destroy wareham's form of government.

#34 2009-08-10 14:05:55

big john wrote:

Public safety money  ?  Maybe they'll pay for the fireworks  event with the money and still lay off  the police.
   Speaking of Coleman. What ever happened to the meeting. He doesn't want to come out and clear the air and prove he's a retired officer. And explain how he was actually a cop. And he never got in trouble in Boston....... He's suspiciously quiet....

He was just a special cop.  Years ago in Wareham, all firemen,  all school bus drivers, crossing guards and some construction supers were given that title, basically to stop traffic for the kids to cross the street off the bus and direct traffic around a construction site.  Now - I mean years and years and years ago.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com