#1 2014-03-11 21:10:37

Wareham Week has ignored the news altogether and the Wareham Courier link below doesn't tell the whole story.

Wareham Free Public Library will shutter its doors for good July 1.

http://wareham.wickedlocal.com/article/ … /140306923

#2 2014-03-13 20:25:35

You can be sure that the lousy, overpaid Town Administrator has a library where he lives in Sandwich.

#3 2014-03-14 00:07:32

Last I heard, every single Massachusetts town of over of 500 souls has a library.

Thanks to our Selectmen, we've established a new, rock bottom low. And we didn't even need Bruce Sauvageau to get there.

I saw Sweet Brucie at the market last week, just by way of no harm, and he looks fit and rested. Lost 40 lbs, he insists and for once, Bruce's telling the truth.

I've still got my "WAREHAM, MORE THAN JUST THE LIBRARY" tee shirt the Democrat Town Committee gave away at 2007's Spring Town Meeting. I only wear it on special occasions, like laundry day.

Incidentally, next time you run into our overpaid Town Administrator, ask him what exactly we have to show for his multimillion dollar investment of Wareham's  tax revenue in "computer virtualization". Take your time, I'll wait.

#4 2014-03-16 20:45:57

When Andrews was in charge we had a town library,with Derrick in charge we will not have a town library ,what does that tell you. In the upcoming town election I will not vote I will stay home because it is not worth me going to vote . Also Bowen is a high priced over paid lawyer who is screwing this town.

#5 2014-03-18 22:07:35

Town is going to need more than a prescription if it loses the value of some important and worthwhile services. If the town intended to have a good reputation and the good sense to protect it, we might want to look hard at what's about to happen. Then again it's a whole lot easier to lie back and watch it all happen. Watch those property values plummet in the same good measure as the core worthwhile services vanish from town. Hilarious, HA! Take a pill and call me in the morning... Happy fireworks and 275 all!

#6 2014-03-19 09:05:54

wagthedog wrote:

Town is going to need more than a prescription if it loses the value of some important and worthwhile services. If the town intended to have a good reputation and the good sense to protect it, we might want to look hard at what's about to happen.

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together saw this train wreck coming five years ago.

Question is how much ineptitude and self dealing fraud will voters take before they revolt and demand change? And will it arrive too little, too late? Toon in to Town Meeting and see.

#7 2014-03-19 19:31:57

and the real happy news is that there won't be another five years before it will be changed. The state will change it when we enter receivership within that time frame. And lots of the have's will become the have-nots. Won't need one single voter for this finale.

#8 2014-03-20 09:24:53

wagthedog wrote:

and the real happy news is that there won't be another five years before it will be changed.

At least our few remaining students will have Kenny Fontes to thank for their school resource officer.

#10 2014-03-20 18:43:46

Seasons Greetings...

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/jd.and.ass.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#11 2014-03-20 19:22:35

and let's not anyone "tell us" the future is e-books because it is NOT:

http://www.csmonitor.com/Books/chapter- … ws-in-2012

fact is e-books represent only 20% of the market and much less than that in total number of titles. And e-books got that share with their predatory pricing (along with cheap reading devices). Now that their pricing is oftentimes higher than printed books and their lending policies to libraries contain limited borrowing for library usage, their moon-shot sales have become a thing of the past.

The book fits the human style nicely and will NOT be passing on anytime soon.

#12 2014-06-18 07:43:36

Y'all fell right into the trap. Our Board of Selectmen made this a referendum of their own rotten performance, which they knew they'd lose, but at least now they can saddle voters with the blame.

It's the Summer of Celebration, boys and girls. Kiss your public library and its 300 years of history goodbye.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com