#1 2013-06-13 19:47:46

i am   a retired person in wareham and have no kids in the schools and yet i pay to educate the school children of the 40 b develpoments , what to i get for paying my taxes, do i get trash pickups , the answer is no.   if i live on an unexceped  street   i will not get my street plowed,  if i go to the beach i will have to take my trash back with me. if i want to read i book i cant because the library cant afford to buy books and they will not be open half the time. if i want to venture into the town of wareham i fear for my safety.  i pay a hell of a lot of taxes to the town of wareham and i feel i am getting screwed , no damm it i am being screwed.    i will not vote for an over ride ,not ever,    i will boycott town meeting and i hope you do also.

#2 2013-06-23 23:34:03

I ask myself the same question all the time - what am I paying taxes for? I'm sure some smartass member of the administration could give me a smartass answer (that I could quickly shoot down), but the bottom line is, you get less and less for your tax dollar here, and yes, if the morons dont consider your street an accepted town road, do you get a tax break? No. Time to do a lot of firings of the slugs to free up some money and bring in people who have a clue.   And speaking of money, how much was blown on screwing up Main Street?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com