#1 2012-03-17 13:28:12

Much to the tin hats' dismay, Andrea aka downtheroad spilled the beans about Mark Andrews' rousing speech in favor of Johar at Johar's spaghetti dinner last night:

By: downtheroad on 3/17/12
Mark Andrews came to candidate Amit Johar's spaghetti dinner/fund raiser at Pierview Restaurant in Onset Friday night and spoke briefly to the crowd gathered. He said some very positive things about Johar and Johar's understanding of the community and it's needs.

Although I agree wholeheartedly with Andrew's impression and understanding of Johar, I was a bit stunned to hear a town administrator speak with such support for a candidate running for office in a town served by the administrator. I have to admit the thought went through my head that maybe Andrews was there in an effort to assure Johar if elected would support an extension of Andrews contract. I'm sad to hear this morning that Andrews has resigned, but oh so happy to know that the words he said last night were not said in self-interest, but rather truly said to highlight Johar's attributes as a candidate.

That said, I do want to share an interesting remark Andrews offered last night. He spoke of Johar's support of the business community and desire to attract new businesses to town to increase revenues and then added that he (Andrews) had heard more workable ideas from Johar in recent months than he (Andrews) has heard from any candidate serving on multiple boards in recent years and then he added "if you get the drift of what I am saying."

By far one of the most unethical actions I've ever heard of.  There's supposed to be a level of impartiality between the TA and the selectmen - to go speak for one candidate and to bash other selectmen you've served with?  That's ridiculous. 

Even if he is leaving, he still is the TA for another month.  To play favorites with BOS candidates and to bash other people you've worked with at a campaign fundraising event is disturbing.

Johar should not have allowed it.

#2 2012-03-17 16:15:25

Johar is the new poster-boy for Move Wareham Backward, as well as one of the board members of the Wareham Chamber of Commerce..how's that membership drive going with Myles' girlfriend at the helm??..you would have thought Curly, Brenda, Brucey et al would have made him a little more familiar with the material the other night..very curious to see how this residency issue plays out, should he have even been allowed to register??

Last edited by Harrythebarber (2012-03-17 16:16:57)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com