• Home
  •  » Wareham Water
  •  » will someone chalenge the high salerys of miles and stanley

#1 2011-05-04 08:58:38

at the may town meeting?

#2 2011-05-04 09:16:52

The bloggers on Wareham Week are claiming that other officers had to give up their Quinn money...can anyone confirm this?  If that is true, that seems like the officers won't have much of an incentive to continue with their education.  That is too bad, because the things they learn they would bring to the job and would lead to a better force all around.  Education is expensive, so without the financial incentive, cops with families and bills to pay aren't going to be able to afford to go back to school.

I hope this isn't true.

Bobo should stop blasting Wareham Week.  They have never been late paying their state filing fees.  He can't say the same.

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-05-04 09:17:48)

#3 2011-05-04 09:38:55

Wareham Week wrote:

When Stanley’s salary was presented to the Board of Selectmen, Andrews described the chief's base pay as $130,000, with an additional $36,000 through the Massachusetts “Quinn Bill.” But, while the Quinn Bill is state legislation, most of the $36,000 will be town money.

Sounds like we've been had.  I hope the selectmen will call the TA on this in the next selectmen's meeting.

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-05-04 09:46:15)

#4 2011-05-04 15:01:01

The way this budget looks, every wage is on the table. We can start here:

Posted by IHATESLAGER
https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/short-spacer.gifhttps://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/moneybags.png

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Last edited by billw (2011-05-04 16:57:29)

#5 2011-05-05 22:15:49

On Thursday, in an apparent response to this column, Wareham Week revised its graphic to claim the information regarding salaries of New England police chiefs came from the 2010 U.S. Census. Again, that got me curious. Why would the U.S. Census track the salaries of police chiefs? So I went on the 2010 U.S. Census homepage and tried to confirm Wareham Week's claim. I could not. Then I called the 2010 U.S. Census main office to see what I was missing.
    I wasn't missing anything. The 2010 U.S. Census does not provide that kind of information. It certainly doesn't provide which Massachusetts police chiefs receive Massachusetts Quinn Bill reimbursement.

THIS IS FROM SLAGERS ARTICLE. IM PRETTY SURE WAREHAM WEEK IS USING THE POPULATION FIGURES FROM THE CENSUS NOT CHIEF SALARIES YOU DOPE. GOD IT MUST BE TOUGH TO BE THAT STUPID. HMMM LET'S SEE THE CENSUS DEPT DEALS WITH WHAT? POPULATION FIGURES BOBO. THE GREAT INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER STRIKES AGAIN

#6 2011-05-06 06:47:02

slager you fad  bastard, you just make the crap up you are such a liar.

• Home
  •  » Wareham Water
  •  » will someone chalenge the high salerys of miles and stanley

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com