#1 2011-04-11 10:57:35

7:00 PM – Room #320 Multi-Service Center, 48 Marion Road, Wareham Massachusetts
1. CALL TO ORDER BY CHAIRMAN
2. ROLL CALL
3. ANNOUNCEMENTS
4. CITIZENS PARTICIPATION
5. WESTFIELD DISCUSSION
6. CONSENT AGENDA
a. Authorization to sign bills and documents, etc.
b. Approval of minutes: Regular session minutes of January 25, 2011 and
Executive session: April 21, 2009.
7. LICENSES & PERMITS
None.
8. TOWN ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT
a. Leadership Team.
b. Legal Advisory – Notable Highlights New Regulations from the State Ethics
Commission.
c. Onset Stonebridge sewer pipe replacement
d. New street sweeping program – update.
Status Report of ongoing issues/projects.
9. TOWN BUSINESS
a. Approval of release deed for AD Makepeace.
b. Discussion of 13 Arnold Street.
c. Discussion with Community Preservation Committee re: Conservation Restriction
on the Swifts Beach Parcel purchased with CPC funds.
d. Discussion and consideration of surplus van at Municipal Maintenance department.
e. Any other town business.
10. SEWER BUSINESS
a. Any other sewer business.
11. LIAISON REPORTS
12. ADJOURNMENT
13. SIGNING OF DOCUMENTS APPROVED BY THE BOARD

#2 2011-04-12 19:22:22

Jennifer Peterson proved credibly during citizen's participation that Mark Andrews is entirely at sea.

Bruce is up now performing his usual revolting routine but not while I eat. Someone else will have to watch.

#3 2011-04-12 19:33:16

Perhaps if Ms. Peterson had been there over the past year, she might be on the other side of the table tonight.

#4 2011-04-12 19:37:52

Should have watched Brucie. Unless, of course, you are in favor of a mere 25 % increase in the number of units at Westfield.
and, Brucie & the new male S/M should have rehearsed their Abbott & Costello routine a little more. Brucie seemed to forget some of his lines.

#5 2011-04-12 20:06:44

$166,000

Give Holmes credit for trying

But Cruz ???????

Don't think Holmes & Andrews are going for a beer after meeting....

Last edited by stewie (2011-04-12 20:09:10)

#6 2011-04-12 20:08:28

Bravo Steve Holmes.

#7 2011-04-12 20:08:50

you just witnessed our new mayor or should I say dictator. There is no 15 day review as it is a civil service transfer no more vote.

#8 2011-04-12 20:10:49

Steve was treated rudely tonight.  He said he was threatened, he made a point about officers losing overtime, he demanded to know when the officers who have worked without a contract for 4 years are going to get a contract...these are all important points that he tried to bring up and he was shut down.  I would like to know more about these points but unfortunately Steve was silenced for not towing the Hypocrite Elite line.

#9 2011-04-12 20:26:47

smile, you're on Bill's camera

One of the new S/M has certainly staked out his position. Good thing they do not sit next to each other.

Last edited by stewie (2011-04-12 21:08:25)

#10 2011-04-12 20:28:24

Wouldn't the SBIA have more credibility with different spokesman?

#11 2011-04-12 20:52:05

Wow! This is better than Real Wifes of Beverly Hills. or whatever.

Thank you Mr. Holmes, for bringing forward the assessing question. The director position has been vacant since last summer. the assistant has been gone for a couple of months. What is the delay, Mr. Andrews? Trying to slide a certain former assessor thru the process?

#12 2011-04-12 21:15:07

mr holmes is the man.

#13 2011-04-12 21:22:44

Ok we just saw the year to come . Stanly is in Steve tried to at least postpone it but had no backup. We Now know where Cruse stands. And that mike is the voice and Bagley has no voice yet. The most important thing is that we saw that Andrews feels he has a mandate to move his wishes forward to hell with the wishes of the Wareham voters you best be at town meeting to let him know who has the last say. I wish Cara had been there.

#14 2011-04-12 21:27:52

Holmes, since the election was going in whatever way the wind (TA) blew him.  It showed tonight that he see's the jockeying going on by this Fast Eddie Andrews but the problem is its to late, he's the outsider looking in.    The only power he does still have is that the Town Administrator would need a minimum 4-1 vote to continue his contract as listed in the charter.

#15 2011-04-12 21:29:15

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/BOS.2011-04-12-Tue-8-19-23-pm.jpg
BOS - 2011-04-12 Tue 8:19:23pm

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#16 2011-04-12 21:36:17

Last edited by tinkerbell (2011-04-12 21:40:32)

#17 2011-04-12 21:50:34

How does Andrews bypass this? "Lateral transfer" or not..it's still an appointment..and this policy (and the Charter) wasn't followed.

6.)    Appointments made by the town administrator shall become effective on the fifteenth day following the day on which notice of the appointment is filed with the board of selectmen, unless the board shall within said period, by a majority of the full board, vote to reject any such appointment, or sooner to affirm it.[4-2(b)]  Notice is considered given to the board of selectmen when a written statement is delivered to and stamped in as received by the selectmen’s office for each selectman.

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/viewt … 793#p74793

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#18 2011-04-12 22:20:59

The BOS were notified and ratified this evening. They conformed with the Charter. They ratified the appointment 3-1.

Good luck.

When all of the money runs out, what then?

#19 2011-04-12 22:33:12

It is obvious the tin hats were down last year, but they feel rejuvenated by their recent election win and are now on the warpath for revenge against any and all who opposed them.

#20 2011-04-12 22:35:32

Can anyone explain why Stanley's contract does not appear on the evening's agenda and why that doesn't matter?

#21 2011-04-12 22:45:06

OML violation???

#22 2011-04-12 22:46:58

There was a small but very powerful change tonight .Did any one pick up on it . If you were in the room you may not have but if you were watching on TV it hit like a brick but much in a less obvious way. In the past the TA sat  to the far right and all sat in large chairs. Tonight the change in seating put the TA in the center in a large chair next to the chairman In a normal desk chair. From a marketing stand point a point of power that was seen tonight. The people watching saw Mr. Andrews in the seat of power. It was suttle but well worked. I am not sure Mr Cruse even knew what he agreed to by putting Mr Andrews next to him but I am sure Mr. Andrews knew. More to come on how to put yourself in the right position with out doing anything except play golf. Never ans. A single question is the first lesson.

#23 2011-04-12 22:52:28

danoconnell wrote:

The BOS were notified and ratified this evening. They conformed with the Charter. They ratified the appointment 3-1.

So, are you saying you can confirm that each selectman received a "written statement that was delivered to and stamped in as received" from the TA's office..or that, those parts of the Charter/policy are irrelevant?

Last edited by DDPTRO (2011-04-12 22:54:51)

#24 2011-04-12 22:55:47

tinkerbell wrote:

There was a small but very powerful change tonight .Did any one pick up on it . If you were in the room you may not have but if you were watching on TV it hit like a brick but much in a less obvious way. In the past the TA sat  to the far right and all sat in large chairs. Tonight the change in seating put the TA in the center in a large chair next to the chairman In a normal desk chair. From a marketing stand point a point of power that was seen tonight. The people watching saw Mr. Andrews in the seat of power. It was suttle but well worked. I am not sure Mr Cruse even knew what he agreed to by putting Mr Andrews next to him but I am sure Mr. Andrews knew. More to come on how to put yourself in the right position with out doing anything except play golf. Never ans. A single question is the first lesson.

Marks FIRST seat choice of the night was the middle seat(CHAIRMANS)

#25 2011-04-12 23:01:56

I am not sure dave but if what the TA said it is a civil Service transfer and does not come under the same rules. not sure he is right but may be. we need to check this out he only need a confirmation from the selectman tonight. this could be wrong. But the town meeting can cut the budget. he could not ans. why no contract in 4 years. not just with the Police but all town unions.If you have to work with this man get it in writing and signed and don't turn your back. He is scum for the highest level. Direct contact with he who can not be named.

#26 2011-04-12 23:03:07

Unfortunately, there was a failure by many on our side to realize the gravity of this recent election and get involved.  They thought the big win was last year and grew complacent.  The problem is, you can't take on the Hypocrite Elite half way.  We pushed them out of offie half way last year.  We needed to push the other half out office this year.

Now they are angry because they were pushed out half way last year.  They want their revenge now and nothing will stop them.

#27 2011-04-12 23:18:42

Here is the out, Dave:

6.)    Appointments made by the town administrator shall become effective on the fifteenth day following the day on which notice of the appointment is filed with the board of selectmen, unless the board shall within said period, by a majority of the full board, vote to reject any such appointment, or sooner to affirm it.

They affirmed the appointment tonight with a 3-1 vote.

Notice was given, verbally, and in writing probably later, but notice verbally is all that is needed to comply with the appointment process.

It cannot be reconsidered, either, unless one of the Selectmen voting in the affirmative moves to reconsider.

Done deal...

Cruz is the next one you have to replace.

Too bad...thought the was doing a good job. The Chairmanship may be intimidating to him. Having Andrews sit next to him is WRONG. The dais is for the elected members of the BOS....Andrews proper place is at the end of the table, preferably out of sight, obviously not out of mind.

He shouldn't speak unless spoken to and is recognized by the Chair. He has NO standing, NO vote, and should only answer questions asked of him, except when it is his time on the agenda.

He is NOT elected.

That, in a nutshell, is the problem.

#28 2011-04-12 23:55:07

Liz
Why did mark even have a choice that is only for the selectman not the TA. He is a visitor as are we. This was a very public power play. and he won. not good.

#29 2011-04-13 00:26:36

danoconnell wrote:

..notice verbally is all that is needed to comply with the appointment process.

Dan, I have the Town's own policy (written in 2008..and "conforming" to the Town Charter) telling me one thing: "Notice is considered given to the board of selectmen when a written statement is delivered to and stamped in as received by the selectmen’s office for each selectman."

..and you're telling me another.. (in effect) "it doesn't matter" what the policy says. It may be a "technicality" ..since even if it were "done right" (imagine that)..then the votes would still probably come out 3-2 in favor of the appointment. But..again..the process wasn't followed (it seems to me).. They wanted it..and they crammed it through. I think they're trying to "say" that this isn't an "appointment" (in a "normal" sense)..because it's a "lateral transfer". I don't buy it..and I'd like to hear the "opinion" of town counsel that Andrews mentioned. His (Stanley's) position was Interim part-time Police Chief...his new (appointed) position is full-time Police Chief. That's a new appointment, I do believe. And, so..the appointment policy should be followed. Also, if you check out the civil service transfer requirements..there are a few things that need to happen there before a lateral transfer can take place. What's the status on those?

Why would North Andover "cut him loose" after (what?) 25 years of "exemplary" service?? Well..I think they're having budget issues of their own..and were smart enough to know how much was "too much"..now, who would have a better idea of his value North Andover or Wareham? ..And they let him go..that is, after he "played them" against us. The selectmen who voted for this were ready to vote in the affirmative without hearing anything about the contract...at all!! As Budget-Finance director in Lawrence, Andrews saw their finances spiral out of control..and now he's giving Wareham an "encore" of that performance.

Last edited by DDPTRO (2011-04-13 01:33:42)

#30 2011-04-13 04:11:00

#31 2011-04-13 08:02:45

Be rest assured, Dave, that Andrews spoke with Town Counsel and already has an opinion pending for all to see.

Do I agree with what they did? Absolutely not.

Do I believe it is legal? Unfortunately, yes.

I also believe you should take a big broom at Town Meeting and sweep out the dirt.

Don't forget...NONE of these people put money IN your pocket, they take it OUT, and obviously piss it away.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com