#1 2011-03-07 10:59:12

It's official, Bobo will "go on the rag" once a month.

Yes, the print rag is returning as a monthly paper. 

All I can say is this is a new level of pathetic for Bobo.  He closed up shop last November with his little victory speech, claiming he'd done all a man can do for Wareham, his work here was done, and now he has to focus on dancing with fireflies and curing diabetes.

Oh, what did he also say?  That print journalism was a dying industry.  Yes, but apparently now once a month papers are in high demand.

Had he left it at that, he could have always said that he folded up the rag when he wanted to and he left on his own terms.  Obviously that wasn't the case and he's been itching to come back.

Question - Why can't this loser just get a job?  And seriously, I say this as a person that has zero faith in Bobo, but surely there is some job out there that involves scraping gum off of sidewalks that even the dullest of ignoramuses could perform.  Somewhere in the universe there must be a job that even Bobo could not screw up. 

It is obvious that no legitimate newspaper will ever hire this clown and being Wareham's out of town backseat driver is all that he has to look forward to.

#2 2011-03-07 11:00:26

I should mention - returning as a monthly paper "coincidentally" after starting a "writing class" in a town owned building and "coincidentally" just in time to help Mike and Ellen's campaigns.

#3 2011-03-07 12:24:36

guy is this a loser or what,will he call it wareham monthly,  there  could not br news but an opinion piece.  news happens  every day not just once a month. ,HE IS SUCH A LOSER  IS IT TO MICH FOR YOU  T0 GET OUT A NEWSPAPER EVERY WEEK, GIVE  WAREHAM WEEK A CALL , MAYBE THEY CAN HELP YOU TO PUT OUT A  GOOD NEWSPAPER  THAT PEOPLE WANT TO READ.

#4 2011-03-07 14:02:56

Seriously...who publishes a monthly newspaper any more?

Any one?

Who would finance such a ludicrous operation except those who may seek public office, or maintain political strength?

Once the election is over,the money people will drop him like a bad habit. The maggot's diabetes will require him to publish a once a year paper.

EVERYONE will look forward to that award winning publication.

#5 2011-03-07 14:15:32

Such an idiot.  He could have said that he shut down the rag on his own terms to pursue his interests in fireflies and diabetes.  Now it's obvious he didn't want to shut it down but had to because of a lack of business sense and incompetence.  Now he's back with a once a month paper.  Who the hell prints a once a month paper? 

Obviously this tired old pathetic rag is the only thing this loser has to cling to.  He couldn't get a job at a legit paper if he paid the paper to hire him.

#6 2011-03-07 15:12:38

If you could make money with a once a month newspaper in Wareham, the Decas Brothers would own it, or the Hammonds, or the Bournes, or whatever.

Loser idea, ineffective publication, loser publisher.

The question is: what idiot business is willing to piss it's money away on advertising with this rag?

THIS is a good subject for a creative writing course!!

#7 2011-03-07 16:00:59

The ONLY reason Slager's back in print is to affect the election..period.

#8 2011-03-07 16:07:23

Yeah...month to month? When is the election?

I see a two month publication that will be ended because of a severe diabetic attack....no  money....blood sugar gets REAL low.

#9 2011-03-09 19:43:57

Good God, has anyone seen this abomination, the "Ragserver Monthly?"  It's plastered with Mike and Ellen ads all over it!  Why don't they just call it the "Vote for Mike and Ellen Tribune?"

#10 2011-03-09 22:49:12

GuyIncognito wrote:

Why don't they just call it the "Vote for Mike and Ellen Tribune?"

This was a letter to the editor by Mike Schneider in Slager's Rag from a while back..Can you say hypocrite elite?

TO THE EDITOR:
    It’s that time of year again when The Standard-Times’ editorial board decides the paper’s endorsements in Wareham’s Town election via its editorial section.
    Hunting season in Wareham is officially upon us.
    Editorials are the opinion pieces, written by members of the editorial board of the paper. They reflect the stance of the paper and, in the case of the Standard Times, are nearly always inclined to find fault or to judge with severity the Town of Wareham’s incumbent government, particularly the Board of Selectmen. The lopsided nature of the reporting often found in the Standard-Times is absolutely astonishing.
    It’s obvious that the Standard-Times, through its editorial board, will use the editorials on the opinion page to overtly attempt to discredit the opponents of the candidates the Standard-Times editorial board will covertly support in the coming elections. Of course, one selectmen - Bruce Sauvageau, who has been a consistent target of the Standard-Times, will remain its primary target.
    One thing is certain though. Not one word will be uttered by the Standard-Times about the candidates in Wareham that have posted on a public web site that exists solely as a forum to tear down Wareham’s incumbent board and anonymously engage in smear programs and propaganda that employ tactics similar to those employed by Adolph Hitler and his machine. That public web site comes complete with Swastikas and insults that no member of our community should suffer. Most recently, the bloggers on that site have engaged in an attempt to label the publisher of the Wareham Observer a pedophile.
    I shudder at the prospect of a Board of Selectmen in Wareham that will reflect the views of the posters on that web site. So should the Standard Times.
    Who exactly are the hunters on the Editorial Board of the Standard Times?

Michael Schneider
Wareham

I guess it's one thing when it's the ST, and another when it's Slager who does it (constantly) ...and it's Schneider (and Begley) who is supported.. Slager is clearly driven to tear down candidates, elected officials, and citizens who disagree with his agenda..and comments by his reader's (aka anonymous blogger's..like "Mike9f"/Schneider) often disparage and ridicule elected officials and private citizens who don't agree with their views. Mike Schneider and Ellen Begley are amongst Slager's most devout supporter's..and Slager is (and will be) their biggest cheerleader. They all teamed up (with Eckstrom, and other's) in an attempt to get rid of town meeting, and cause as much turmoil as possible for the School Committee, repeatedly calling for the dismissal of the School Superintendent, school committee member's, and anyone who didn't see thing's their way.. Does this sound like people who "work well with other's"? Sounds like "my way or the highway" to me. ..Schneider once tried to get a motion passed at TM that would have transferred control of transportation funding from the school committee's budget, to the Town Administrator..until town counsel informed him that such a move was illegal. He also tried his very best to disrupt Town Meeting by challenging the authority of Town Moderator Claire Smith (who he strongly opposed in last year's election) when he made a motion to "move the question" in an effort to stifle debate while voter's where standing and waiting to comment, and (in the Moderator's view) the debate had yet to be thoroughly vetted. He and other's then challenged the moderator, and tried to make a mockery of town meeting by undermining her authority.

Sauvageau, Eckstrom, Donahue, Slager...Schneider, Begley..all birds of a feather..if Wareham truly wants to "Move Forward"..then let's move on from this sorry chapter in Wareham history once and for all.. Say Nay to Schneider, Begley & Cronie.

#11 2011-03-09 23:55:02

I count a total of 6 ads that are either for Mike or Ellen.  One of them has at the bottom of it "printed in house, labor donated.". I've never seen that in any legit paper.  Also an entire page reprint of Ellen's woman of the year according to Bobo.  Why print something that ran in January?

Six ads.  I guess we know who's funding the rag reprint.

#12 2011-03-11 22:31:00

By: John_Donahue on 1/16/11
Robert, could you help us help you by giving us a notion of what it would take to finance your operation? For the sake of discussion, how many contributions of $50 or $100 or $250 or $500 or $1,000 would it take to make your operation successful?

World's Worst Writer wrote:

The TBW crowd is also pushing 18-year-old Joseph Ashley as deputy town moderator instead of John Donahue..

#13 2011-03-12 07:17:10

Boat Loads Of Cash Coming In From The Move Wareham Pack To Found The Candiaces Of Mike And Ellen ,it Will Sure Be Interesting To See Where Thay Get There Money From When The  Fund Rasing Paper Comes Out From The Clerks Office .  And She  Needs To Be Watched I This Election I Dont Trust Her Counting And She Has Her Husband Helping Her Doing The Counting.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com