#1 2011-03-02 16:59:02

Well it seems that it was overheard by one of the selectman (Brenda) speaking with Warehamprophetes that a secret plan is in the works this week to hire the Current part time chief into full time status. The plan to justify 150,000 salary for a chief of police. More than what the governor makes is to boost Andrews salary and give him a new 3 yr contract with a subsantial increase in salary to justify giving the chief so much. I guess the town is rolling in the dough to throw around money to to people just to get one person. This is to be done this week so everyone needs to be on top of this. Wareham is broke and this is insanity.

#2 2011-03-02 17:49:18

Get ready to line item veto the budget upcoming at Town Meeting, and ELIMINATE the Chief's pay until a State wide test is called for and the position is filled.

The Town can call for a special meeting to appropriate funds later or place a salary in reserve earmarked for the new permanent Chief.

With your line item veto power, reduce the TA's salary to $80,00.00. No expenses, etc.

Let's see who stays and who goes.

#3 2011-03-02 19:27:05

What an outrage.

The Hypocrite Elite used to bitch and moan over town employees salaries being too high, but no one was ever paid anywhere close to the King's Ransoms that are being paid to those loyal to the Hypocrite Elite.

This is just one more example of why the Hypocrite Elite is called the Hypocrite Elite.

Town employees haven't had a raise in years, several departments like Municipal Maintenance have been gutted, others like Recreation have been cut out completely.  Many departments have gone years without even a permanent department head.  Town wide, services have been cut to the bone, but tax bills are as high as ever. 

I don't see how they could justify such large salaries in economic conditions such as these.

If they achieve this, it is guaranteed they will lose April's election.

#4 2011-03-02 19:30:45

What A Power Grab,                I Do Not Think Its Legal Acoording To Warehams Bylaws And Town Charter To Give The Ta A 3 Year Contract With Only About A Year And 4 Monthes In Power ,               I Think A New Board Of Selectmen Could Recind This Vote Giving The Ta A 3 Year Contract  At This Time , The Rules Of Selecting  And Giving The Town Ta Another 3 Year Contract Are Spelled Out In The Town Charter And This Is Against The Charter ,              I Call On All Selectmen Canditadates To Deplore This Action And Say They Would Recind This Offer When They Are Elected ,            Also What That Bum Kisser Atty Bowen Says In  This Matter Is Crap ,just More Bought And Paid For Decesions ,     I Knew That Jayne And Brenda Had Brass Balls  But Never In My Wildest Dreams Could I Expect Such A Low Dastarly Deed As This.

#5 2011-03-02 19:36:36

I Like Dans Idea To Call For The Lowering Of The Salerys Of  The Ta And Police Chief To Be Lowered At Town Meetiing If These 2 Except These Raises , Also The Police And Muncipal Maintence Have Not Had Raise In 4 Years , I Say This Is Bullshit ,sorrey Dan.

#6 2011-03-02 19:43:22

These 2 Lame Ducks Want To Buy An Island Before They Leave, They Want To Screw The Resedients Of May Flower Ridge And Agawam  By Putting Sewerage In There Areas After Jaynes Neigborhood Got  Sewer Betterments Of 15 K But In An Unethical And Corupt Scheme Want To Sewer Mayflowe Ridge And Agawan In The 38k Range ,                I Think The People Living In These Areas Should Call For Another Vote When They Leave , The Stench Will Linger In Wareham For Years After These 2 Witches Leave.

#7 2011-03-02 19:46:34

We All Know That Jayne And Brenda Will Vote For This Crooked Scheme Of Their Last Minute Scheme To Pay The Chief And Ta More Than Wareham Can Afford  ,       But I Thinka Recall Of Any Selectman That Vote For This Im Moral Scheme Should Be R E C A L L E D , At Once,  Have They No Shame .

#8 2011-03-02 20:02:03

I Guess Brenda Is Up Wareham Profetess Ass By Talikg To Her In The Parking Lot About This Matter ,aka Lynn Broughs A Nastey Hateful Person If There Ever Was, And She Is Trying To Push This Brroad On To  The Council On Ageing,,,,,,     And She Is One Of The 2 ,jayne Being The Other To Keep Ole Grizze Frpm Being Fired For Cooking Tho Books At The Council On Ageing And Treating The Seniors Like Shit    ,sorrey Dan But I Am Worked Up Tonite By All The Coruption In Wareham    Where Are The Selectmen Who Should Be Looking After Are Interests.    My Spelling Is Just Awfell Tonite But It Gets Bad When I Get Pissed And Type Like A Crazy Person,  Good Nite All.

#9 2011-03-02 21:20:08

I agree with everything you said, redrobin, especially the bullshit part :).

#10 2011-03-02 21:23:58

A while ago in another Town, I attended a Town Meeting where there was an attempt to reduce the T/A's salary via a motion from the floor. Town counsel advised that it was not possible, as there was a contract in place between the Town & the T/A. Regardless, there was an intense debate, before the motion was finally defeated; with the proponents of the reduction wanting to have the motion approved, and then tested in the resulting court case. It never got to that. The T/A is still in that Town, at  nowhere near the salary level cited in the prior postings.

I have posted here regarding several police chief hirings in various towns in the eastern part of the State. My memory is that none of them came close to the $150,000 salary being speculated upon; and that includes larger Towns such as Stoughton & Framingham. If the proposed salary amount is true, one has to believe it is part of a retirement pension deal with the chief/chief to circumvent, as far as possible, the changing rules of the pension qualifiers. Although the burden for the chief/chief's pension will be shared by the Essex Regional Retirement Board & Plymouth County, his gaming of the system to "spike" his pension will end up costing Wareham taxpayers a disproportionate amount. To wit: the Essex portion will be based on his years in the system. Fair enough. the Plymouth (i.e.
Wareham) portion will be based AS IF he had ALL of his years in the Plymouth system, thus skewing the cost to the Plymouth (Wareham) system. that's you, friends.

Ex. Say his three highest years in Essex County are $125,000, and he has enuf years to qualify for 80%. That yields a pension of $100,000. Not bad.

But if his three highest are based on his combo deal for two years (say:$200,000), and one year at #150,000 in Wareham, then his 3-year average becomes $183,000 +/-; yielding a pension at 80 % of $146,700 +/-. YIKES! nearly a 50 % increase!!!

And, here's the best part: YOU are on the hook for most of the increase. Why? In Essex his contributions over the years will pretty much cover the pension liability. But in Plymouth County (Wareham), there will be only a few years of contributions, and many years of payouts; thus creating a huge shortfall to the system.

Those Wareham taxpayers! a real sporting bunch! Be sure and call Andrews, Jane & Brenda to give them a big Thank You! for the opportunity to be so generous to this Merrimack Valley bandit.

Last edited by stewie (2011-03-02 21:26:49)

#11 2011-03-02 23:35:56

Good points, Stewie. The Chief has not been made full time and is under no long term contract. Eliminate the salary for Chief until the State wide exam is called for, candidates are interviewed OPENLY IN PUBLIC HEARINGS, and someone is chosen as permanent Chief. Establish the salary consistent with the size of the Town and the money the Town has to pay comfortably.

If a Chief, especially a young Chief, can't work for $80,000.00 there is something seriously wrong.

If not...time to take a BIG broom and sweep out the whole lot...

#12 2011-03-03 00:21:07

As an employer, the Town of Wareham has become a joke.

Employers are supposed to have power over employees, not the other way around.

Why give the TA a new contract before his old one expires?  The whole point of a contract is to keep an employee motivated to work extra hard in the hopes of achieving a contract renewal when the contract expires.  If we just renew it and throw a ton more money at him, what incentive does he have to put in any effort? 

Are we made of money?  Can the town afford to be Santa Claus and pay the TA more when he's contractually obligated to work for the town until 2012 for less?

Doesn't this defy common sense?  A contract gives the town bargaining power - it gives the town the ability to let an employee go easily when the contractual period ends if the arrangement isn't working out.  What if it doesn't work out?   The town's stuck forever.

Name one private business that would ever offer up more money to an employee than it is contractually obligated to offer.

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-03-03 00:22:09)

#13 2011-03-03 00:28:50

If they hire the chief at $150,000 and have to bump up the TA's salary to be over that, you're probably looking at getting close to the $200,000 area.

Keep in mind:

1)  The Governor of Massachusetts only makes $140,000

2)  It wasn't even that long ago when the President of the United States only made $200,000.

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-03-03 00:34:03)

#14 2011-03-03 02:15:11

"Ongoing"

#15 2011-03-03 07:16:32

will the policemen  get say 10k  raises also , are we living in a marie ationeet society ,let them eat cake  nwhere the bosses get fat raises and the town will not negoiate with you ,yust to give you a bag of peanuts.

#16 2011-03-03 08:21:11

Don't forget, the ULTIMATE authority is Town Meeting. If you have a TA negotiating ludicrous, ridiculous salaried contracts with Dept. heads (who negotiated HIS contract?) the Town Meeting voters can, and should put a stop to it.

Town Counsel will always say it can't be done and you will be sued...I think you would rather be sued by someone who has no standing in the community, is here as a part time employee, has lied to the people of his own Town (where he belongs) in N. Andover, lying about staying on as their Chief, lying about negotiating with the Wareham BOS, lying to the members of the N. Andover BOS and public (including one Selectman that is a brother cop).

I don't think he can win a court case, and the Town would be well served to spend the money to prove it.

Stanley, nor Andrews, are "entitled" to a job, no more than the people they have fired, laid off, lied to, screwed, blued and tattooed.

End it....use your veto power at Town Meeting and see if they can dance out of that one.

When Town Counsel says it is unlawful, tell him to kiss your ass. Find someone that can do the job, and stop playing with these mooches who are carpetbaggers and are willing to come in and rape the taxpayers' funds in order to satisfy their desires and own egos, while screwing everybody in their way.

Scumbags!

#17 2011-03-03 08:42:55

By the way, you don't have to submit an Article at Town Meeting...all you have to do is advise the Selectmen that you will be tearing their budget apart line by line and you can tell them up front that the salaries and benefits of the TA and temporary Chief are going to be gutted.

Let them get ready for the fight. They can announce that Town Counsel says it can't be done, thereby giving you the opportunity of saying. "Kiss my ass."

DON'T let them get away with this charade.

#18 2011-03-03 09:49:24

If memory serves me, (always risky), the current Town Manager in Plymouth was hired about one year ago, after leaving Stoughton. In Stoughton, he was paid $120,000 to $130,000; but in Plymouth, his pay jumped to the $140-150,000 range.

So. Do a mental comparison of the towns of Wareham & Plymouth. That is Plymouth, The Town with the largest land area in the State, and a population 2.5-3 times that of Wareham, etc. Then, ask the following question:

"Should the T/A in Wareham be paid more than his counterpart in Plymouth?"

#19 2011-03-03 10:04:07

What private corporation says "Sure stay in the job you have now and we'll hold our job open for you until you're ready to come here, we'll hold it open for years if necessary."

What private corporation says "We have a 3 year contract with you and are only required to pay you X, but now we're going to voluntarily raise your salary to Y and give you more years on your contract, rather than review your performance at the end of the initial 3 years like anyone else would do."

#20 2011-03-03 10:18:21

stewie wrote:

So. Do a mental comparison of the towns of Wareham & Plymouth. That is Plymouth, The Town with the largest land area in the State, and a population 2.5-3 times that of Wareham, etc. Then, ask the following question:

"Should the T/A in Wareham be paid more than his counterpart in Plymouth?"

I would say, a) no and b) if he is going to be paid that, at least have a little dignity and don't do it overnight.  Be a tough employer for Pete's sakes.  Don't just say, "Hey Buddy, you did a great job in the one year you've been year, we're going to give you an over $50,000 raise."

Actually, how much would the raise be?  If they have to pay the Chief 150,000, I think they have to pay the TA somewhere approaching $200,000 wouldn't they?  At least $160,000 just to be more.

#21 2011-03-03 10:19:39

By the way, isn't this a violation of the open meeting law?  Shouldn't important hiring decisions like this be done in public?

#22 2011-03-03 12:29:19

Brenda's Lackey wrote:

By: robertslager on 3/3/11
Also, they are claiming that Brenda Eckstrom told someone after the selectmen meeting that the board plans to give Mark Andrews a big raise in order to justify giving Rick Stanley a higher salary. I called Brenda to confirm that. She said such a conversation never took place, she knows nothing about any raise for Andrews, and that if she did she wouldn't discuss it in public as it would be considered contract negotiations. Andrews already has a contract anyway. It still amazes me how the bloggers simply make things up.

Which is it, Bobo?  She knows nothing about it or if she did she wouldn't say?  Get the story straight.

#23 2011-03-03 14:46:17

I don't know I guess one should have asked warehamprohetes cuz being the god fearing person she is she would not lie. Smoking cigarettes in the parking lot with lynne ..... ring a bell brenduh???

#24 2011-03-03 22:28:19

And If Brenda Said She Did Not Drink Vodka Would You Beleave Her, Ask The Profit Gods Hand Madien Lynn Boroughs?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com