• Home
  •  » Wareham Water
  •  » He's BACK!! curlie just could not go quietly into that good night

#1 2011-02-14 17:07:09

As predicted, by me and others, you have the one, the only, the Curlie rested and ready to go. Kinda like Nixon in 1968. Remember, Nixon won in 1968. Forewarned is forearmed.

Election update: Two candidates for Deputy Moderator
By Jaime Rebhan | Feb 14, 2011
Nomination papers for the April 5 town election for the office of Deputy Moderator are now available. Benjamin Donahue, who last held the position, has resigned, Town Clerk Mary Ann Silva said. Joseph Ashley, of Mayflower Lane in East Wareham, has taken out papers for that position. Former Town Moderator John Donahue, of Datewood Street, has also taken out papers.

Papers are also available for residents seeking election to the Board of Selectmen, School Committee, Board of Assessors, and constable. Papers can be picked up until February 14. Candidates have until 5 p.m. on February 16 to return them, complete with the signatures of 50 registered voters.

#2 2011-02-14 17:18:37

I have no idea when the position of Deputy Moderator appeared, or why.

What is the reason for the position?

I believe that under the old system of government when I served as a Selectman, if the Moderator was incapacitated, the Clerk of Courts would preside, or the Town Clerk.

In any event, I guess I hope to hear more about Jospeh Ashley.

#3 2011-02-14 17:19:32

whoops! I botched the quote from the well-known poem of dylan thomas. It is "Do not go GENTLE into that good night." It is a metaphor for dying.

Then again, I think that my version may be more apt in the current situation. After all, would you prefer that Curlie's political influence die a gentle death, or a quiet one. Put me down for quiet.

with all due apologies to the great Dylan Thomas.

Last edited by stewie (2011-02-14 17:20:21)

#4 2011-02-14 17:29:50

The general consensus is that he couldn't get elected as dog-catcher!!..this is one he may be able to sneak by the Townspeople..

#5 2011-02-14 19:23:32

Oh Good God, what lousy news.  Cronie and Curly apparently didn't get the message from the voters last year that they aren't wanted.

We all know which E-Rag will be supporting Curly:

By: John_Donahue on 1/16/11
Robert, could you help us help you by giving us a notion of what it would take to finance your operation? For the sake of discussion, how many contributions of $50 or $100 or $250 or $500 or $1,000 would it take to make your operation successful?

#6 2011-02-14 19:26:36

Hey, just a quick question, does Deputy Moderator Candidate Curly care to explain why he is no longer working in the probation department?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Hey, just another quick question.  Why is a guy who was vocal about wanting to disband town meeting and replace it with an unwanted city government running for a town meeting based office?  If he thinks town meeting should not exist, then he shouldn't be running for a town meeting office.

#7 2011-02-14 19:27:01

..and Bobo wasn't going to make politics part of his wretched creative writing class???????

• Home
  •  » Wareham Water
  •  » He's BACK!! curlie just could not go quietly into that good night

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com