#1 2011-01-14 16:27:21

so far Jane, Brenda, and Frank D...

Last edited by DDPTRO (2011-01-15 15:25:31)

#2 2011-01-14 16:58:59

Well we need one more person. Wareham cannot afford to let even one of these clowns back in. I plan to strongly support Frank and will do everything I can to get him elected this time. Please someone else needs to step up to the plate and run.

#3 2011-01-14 18:11:18

It is a little surprising that the one & only Bren-duh took out papers for the BoS. Given her recent fixations on the School Committee, one would have thought that she might track in that direction.

Jane, on the other hand, is no surprise. Gotta keep up the family business, after all.

PeterGriffin is correct: there needs to be a Twofer here, two out...two in.

time is short.......

#4 2011-01-15 15:47:14

I would more likely vote for a mannequin than for Jane and Brenda.

Obviously, I hope at least one more good candidate will run for Selectman. I expect someone will.. Maybe we should also be considering who we might write in. I can think of a few people I'd support (who've been "reluctant/unwilling/uninterested" in throwing their hats in the ring)...but maybe they could be persuaded if they felt they'd have solid support. A few I'd like to see run are:

John Decas...Bob Brady..Bill Heaney..Donna Bronk..Steve Curry...Geoff Swett..Larry McDonald.

These are but a few on my "wish list"...and several are already serving as either elected or appointed "officials". But I think all have proven to be intelligent, thoughtful people with integrity...and they'd have my vote for Selectman.

...and I also plan to support Cliff Sylvia and Ken Fontes for re-election to the School Committee.

#5 2011-01-15 16:31:27

Interesting thoughts, Dave.

#6 2011-01-15 17:21:02

Last April's election proved potted plants will defeat Brenda and Jane.

Steve Holmes, Claire Smith, Cara Winslow and Frank DeFelice said NOTHING but bleated plenty about civility.

You see how well that worked.

Nobody gets a free pass this time.

#7 2011-01-16 13:36:24

we need to get behind frank defelice ,its his turn and i think he will do a good job and thats why i will be supporting frank in april.

#8 2011-01-16 13:59:47

redrobin wrote:

we need to get behind frank defelice ,its his turn and i think he will do a good job and thats why i will be supporting frank in april.

Ok, mind asking Frank for me whether he'll...

Say no to Wal-Mart
Report Open Meeting violations
Fire Andrews, Stanley and Koppleman & Paige
Vote to scrap Westfield
Disband the Community Preservation Committee

#9 2011-01-17 08:35:24

i am against wallmart moving,am against open meeting violations,against wastfieldand against the cpc also i will find out his stance on these issues, he put 2 articals in the new bedford standard times one in oct 2009 and one in dec 2009 where he seems to be against the present selectman. ,but i will hold his feet to the fire,no more promises from selectman , i want results

#10 2011-01-17 08:49:14

I don't know him, but from what I have heard there is absolutely NO bullshit from Frank. He'll tell you like it is, and I think that voice is needed on the BOS.

Stop being so damn reticent and afraid of publicity. What have you got to lose?

#11 2011-01-18 11:49:58

Comments from Sunday's "HatChat" in reference to my post (above).

By: LenSkynyrd on 1/16/11
I almost lost my lunch when I read this appeal for selectman candidates from a hate blogger:

"John Decas...Bob Brady..Bill Heaney..Donna Bronk..Steve Curry...Geoff Swett..Larry McDonald."

"These are but a few on my "wish list"...and several are already serving as either elected or appointed "officials". But I think all have proven to be intelligent, thoughtful people with integrity...and they'd have my vote for Selectman."

...and I also plan to support Cliff Sylvia and Ken Fontes for re-election to the School Committee"

I think I am going to leave for a moment and get sick. What I copied into here is very scary and disturbing.

---

By: robertslager on 1/16/11
I haven't seen that one, Len. But it pretty much sums up the mindset of these folks. Vote for people because they belong to one side of a political equation without considering the track record of the individual.

---

By: CoachTP on 1/16/11
Len sounds like a list of fools.

By: CoachTP on 1/16/11
Anybody who votes for anyone on the current SC is either uneducated about who and what they are, or, needs a long rest at Butler Hospital.

----

By: CoachTP on 1/22/11
Politics as usual in Wareham. The SC wants everybody to work with them, but they do not want to work with anybody.
Wareham Weak repeatedly proves that they are not a real newspaper by not telling the whole story. Bob Brady complains and it is news to the weak, Brady causes news and it is not news to the weak. MWF is not bankrolling the Observer(I should know), and Westfield has not even had one bit of information from any developer. Open and transparent seem to be words that the weak can not use or understand. The other side keeps refering to Move Wareham Forward as Move Wareham Backward, yet, they are the ones who want to Take Back Wareham to the "good old days" when they ran things. I need not expound on those foundations they built on and are crumbling beneath them. Funny how they know how to do everything and yet have done nothing to improve Wareham. They condem every person or idea to improve Wareham, they slander public officials using free speech as their motto, the day will come when they will have to pay the piper. The bastion of Wareham Water, you know, the new site where everybody is free to have their opinion, especially the half-dozen or so who can post since everybody else on their ten page user list is banned. Open and honest the Wareham way, thankfully we have the "Observer" where you can at least get both sides of the issue and actually post even if you do not agree. Ted Porada

And I'm the "hateblogger"?? There's more..but that's the "flavor".

*CoachTP is Ted Porada, the Treasurer of "Move Wareham Forward"..an oxymoron.

Last edited by DDPTRO (2011-01-22 22:15:21)

#12 2011-01-18 12:26:58

Glad to have you aboard, Liz.
Love to the family.

#13 2011-02-01 22:34:21

Jaime Rebhan wrote:

Six selectmen candidates have taken out papers thus far. Frank DeFelice, of Maki Way, Michael Schneider, of First Avenue, Ellen Begley, of Prospect Street, John Cronan, of Charge Pond Road, Donna Bronk of Glenda Avenue, and Jennifer Petersen of Blackmore Pond Road have thrown their hats into the ring.

A candidate worth considering??

Jennifer Petersen said she is running because she wants to "try to be part of bringing some unity between all the different committees and the Selectmen so that we can better our community," adding that she hopes to get input and ideas from community members through her website, jenniferapetersen.com. It is Petersen's first run for a political office. She said she will work to "bring the best possible policies and other resources to the town." She added: "We have a great resource in the town of Wareham. It's a great town. It would be nice to see it actualize all of its potential.”

WW: Election update: Six Selectmen candidates emerge

#14 2011-02-02 07:11:30

I Do Know Thay Mike Schinder ,ellen Begly Of Move Wareham Backward Are Not People We Want As Selectman ,they Are Slager Bum Kissers , We Also Do Not Want Cronin The Dirt Thief Or Donna Bronk Who Is Dimmer Than A 40 Watt Lite Bulb.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com