#1 2010-12-29 12:23:40

The Selectmen's meetings should last no more than 30 minutes.

Spring and Fall Town Meetings should never, ever stretch beyond one, 3 hour night.

Come guys, I know you're out there. Speak up!

#2 2010-12-29 15:40:21

Bill, 30 minute meetings? That would be great! (..certainly easier to post them if they were). But, I'ld say the meetings have averaged 2-3 hours since around 2004 (at least..since that's about the earliest of the meetings I've posted). I don't think anyone can "blame" the current administration for the length of the meetings..

The Marathon Town Meeting in the Fall, while "unusual" in it's duration, was due (largely) to the CRC's "second bite at the apple"..the same folks who had "complained" about how long TM's were. I hear about town's whose TM's last one night and I don't know how they do it. My only experience with them is Wareham, and they seem to last (on average) 3 or 4 days. While "getting it all done" in one night would be an "admirable" goal..I think voter attendance and knowledge of the articles being presented are the more "pressing" issues.

Last edited by DDPTRO (2010-12-29 18:16:50)

#3 2010-12-29 18:22:15

DDPTRO wrote:

I don't think anyone can "blame" the current administration for the length of the meetings.. [...]

I hear about town's whose TM's last one night and I don't know how they do it. My only experience with them is Wareham, and they seem to last (on average) 3 or 4 days.

We elected ignorant and corrupt idiots, Dave. They can't read, write or speak coherently. I've watched this process closely for 40 years and never once witnessed worse.

Blame them? Damn right.

A Town Moderator is god before the assembled Town Meeting and ours went of her way to assert that right. She could as easily cleared the room and disposed of all articles in executive session.

Again, Fall Town Meeting went 7 nights because Claire Smith wanted it that way.

#4 2011-01-01 17:04:09

If we could get Brenda to shut up the meetings wouldn't take so long. The last selectman's meeting she missed I think the meeting only lasted one hour.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com