#1 2010-09-10 20:29:23

This was passed along to me..

Lt. Wallace has announced his retirement today..  (Can’t blame him since they have treated him like garbage and recently moved him into a new 4 x 4 box built in the back of the station, the men’s room actually vents into his new office).  He has been the brunt of jokes throughout the station for the last three weeks.  This is a disgrace to a man that his given over thirty-five years of his life to the police department...His entire adult life! The police department is now left with a part time Chief that works two days a week, and a lieutenant of three weeks as its command staff.  Wareham PD has been in the top five busiest police departments (PCP) in New England for many years.  Most years being 2nd or third!!!

WPD should have full time chief a captain and three lieutenants . This is really worse than anyone knows..

TBW
P-SPAN

#2 2010-09-10 21:28:08

And P, that is just the stuff we know about.

#3 2010-09-11 05:18:52

P-SPAN wrote:

This was passed along to me..

Lt. Wallace has announced his retirement today..   This is really worse than anyone knows..

TBW
P-SPAN

Hi Bloggers,  I've finally registered.  I've been reading this site and all the comments for several months now but this topic motivated me enough to finally speak out.  I've also witnessed the lashing out against a "so-called" reporter and maybe rightfully so as he seems obsessed with many registered users here by witness of his reference to many of you in his "writings".  But we'll save comment on him for another topic "downtheroad".
Back to Lt. Wallace (Chuck for those who have been in town a while) and the WPD.  First I'd like to note from my experiences over many decades that the majority of those "serving and protecting" are good men and women.  Sadly, like in any municipality, there's always the occassional bad apple.  Chuck sure wasn't one of those.  In fact he has ALWAYS been nothing but fully respectful and will be missed dearly.  It's very discouraging that Wareham's "top brass" couldn't see his value for the good of the community.
A man that has given a life of service to be discarded from consideration of leading the department is simply ignorant.  I can only imagine any young officer aspiring to one day also be given that same chance to lead and have it yanked out from under him or her to some unknown from the N. shore who knows nothing about and no one from our town.  That is pure ignorance.
So I want to say thank you to Chuck for always giving me at least, a sense of comfort and pride whenever I saw you serving and protecting all of us in the line of duty.  Well done. I wish you the best of life in retirement.  You deserve it.

#4 2010-09-11 07:39:03

YES I HEARD ABOUT THE SPECIAL OFFICE THEY BUILD FOR HIM IN  THE BACK ,SO SMALL THAT YOU HAD TO WALK SIDE WAYS TO GET IN BECAUSE OF HIS DESK, I GUESS THIS WAS THE LAST STRAW , HE SAVED THE TOWN A LOT OF MONEY AS HE WAS A LAWYER ALSO AND WOULD REPRESNT THE TOWN IN COURT , I GUESS HE COULD NOT STAND THE CRAP ANY MORE , I GUESS WHEN YOU GIVE YOUR LIFE TO A TOWN FOR SO MANEY YEARS AND YOU LOOK BACK YOU SAY TO YOUR SELF SHIT THEY DONT CARE FOR ALL THE GOOD THINGS I DID FOR THE TOWN WORKING FOR THE POLICE DEPT. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN CHEAPER TO PUT A BROWN PAPER BAG OVER HIS HEAD AS THAT IS WHAT SOME PEOPLE THOUGHT OF HIM , I CERTAINLY DID NOT , HE DID A GOOD JOB FOR THE TOWN.

#5 2010-09-11 08:17:21

Maybe the Hypocrite Elite is jealous of Wallace because he passed the bar, unlike Curly and Sweet Brucey.

#6 2010-09-11 11:29:14

We keep losing our smart capable people. If he is being pushed out to make the argument for Stanley to become permanent, I hope the people are aware that the town will be on the hook for possibly millions when Stanley retires in a couple of years. I believe the law states that the town he retires in is responsible to pay all his retirement and the previous town pays none.

#7 2010-09-11 13:06:02

If Stanley is appointed without calling for a Chief of Police exam by the BOS, all those Selectmen that vote to appoint him should be recalled as fast as humanly possible.

You know I never advocate a recall, but this would be an exception.

#8 2010-09-11 14:42:47

onboard19. please let me correct your point regarding the way the retirement benefit is calculated.

If a person moves from one retirement system (Essex County for the proposed Superchief) to a new retirement system (Wareham is in the Plymouth county retirement system), then his contributions will move with him. Essex county will be on the hook for any benefits over & above those to which the S/C is entitled to based on his contributions while in the Essex County system. So, while his check will come from Plymouth County, it will be a sum of Essex County, Plymouth County (i.e. Wareham), and his contributions over his working time period. It will NOT be strictly on the town of Wareham.

This is a common misconception. the actual calculations in these cases are beyond complicated.

There is a lot of information on this at the mass.gov website, navigate to the the State treasurer.

Hey! the wareham contribution will be bad enuf, but it won't be the whole enchilada.

#9 2010-09-11 15:23:04

Thanks notalawyer. Most of what you said was way over my head, but my husband does not agree. He is a retired police officer and said he has seen examples of the opposite of what you state. Regardless Stanley has already cost us a very valuable employee in Lt Wallace and will cost us in the future.

#10 2010-09-11 15:30:37

Re: Lt. Wallace.

I had a couple of very minor,  interactions with the Lt. It would have been very easy for him to slough me off, give me the stall, pass me off to an underling. It would have been very easy for him to chafe a bit at having to deal with incidental stuff.

None of the above. he was a gentleman, a professional who helped me with my minor issues in a calm, professional manner. and, with a pleasant demeanor that made it easy to deal with him. Trust me when I tell you that in comparable situations in other Massachusetts communities, the individuals there did not have the class or professionalism of Lt. Wallace. The town is losing a dedicated professional.

Thank you, Lt. Wallace for your assistance in a necessary situation. Best wishes and good luck with your retirement.

Last edited by notalawyer (2010-09-11 15:35:44)

#11 2010-09-11 15:37:18

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR RETIREMENT LT WALLACE.

#12 2010-09-11 16:21:24

Lt Wallace I consider you a casualty of war. I honor you as such. How can we stop the terrorism of the current board and TM. I beg the people of this site to take some kind of action.

#13 2010-09-12 11:31:34

THANK YOU FOR YOUR YEARS OF SERVICE

Last edited by IHATESLAGER (2010-09-12 11:31:49)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com