#1 2010-09-09 17:00:59

In this week's Cheers: Hurricane Preparedness –  The same people who are now grumbling that the town was over-prepared for Hurricane Earl should thank their lucky stars Wareham didn’t experience another Hurricane Bob (and we don’t mean Brady). Sometimes it really is better to be safe than sorry. If nothing else the town had a wonderful opportunity to test its emergency preparedness. Based on how well multiple town departments mobilized in the face of severe weather conditions people should be confident in the town’s ability to rise to the challenge when faced with a true emergency.

I guess making fun of the TA  and the town's "opportunity to test its emergency preparedness" is ok if you are wearing a tin foil hat!!  From the Sunday night tin foil hat chat:

By: robertslager on 9/5/10
Good evening, everyone. Welcome to Live Chat! I hope everyone came through Earl unscathed. Is there anyone out there?
By: jojan2 on 9/5/10
Hi Rob. What a fizzle Earl was :0)
Hi, jojan. Welcome. Somebody from Onset told me the worst thing that happened is that a dog food bowl overflowed outside. Not exactly the storm of the century.

I heard Mark Andrews and WCTV was set to ride around in an SUV doing live story updates around town on Friday. I wonder how that worked out for them.

This is Mark Andrews, live from Onset. I think I see a puddle. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's a puddle, forming right now on live TV!

Last edited by billw (2010-09-09 17:13:47)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com