#1 2010-09-03 13:55:52

BUMP !

Sweet Bobo wrote:
During Tuesday night’s selectman meeting Steve Holmes actually had to lift a paper in front of his face to hide his laughter at Winslow’s lack of basic verbal comprehension. There was a look in Holmes’ eyes at one point Tuesday night that screamed “Oh my God, are you for real?”

What's MOST disturbing about such an observation, if said Bobo has the slightest skill at reading body language, is that it suggests just how IMMATURE and UNPROFESSIONAL Mr Holmes is as a "leader".  I'd be interested to hear Mr Holmes' take on his behavior, though, instead of
the Tackey Tabloid Writer's.

What say you Steve ?  You've got some "splain'n" to do. 
I Love Lucy.  Anyone else ?

I asked the administration for a written copy of the downtown "improvement" plan/program YOU and the TA spoke to and was told there is nothing in writing. 
So are we to believe that you're committing $50,000 to another wish list, task force, A-team leaders program that only exists in the minds of a few ???

It sure does sound like more of the same Lip Service we've been getting since the TA's been employed here and the April election.

Last edited by bbrady (Today 12:59:29)

Last edited by bbrady (2010-09-03 13:56:58)

#2 2010-09-03 16:18:53

IF, and its a big IF considering the source, Steve did act that way, he should be ashamed of himself. At the very least, members of the BoS should act in a civilized fashion---To each other and to citizens who come before them.

Gee, I also notice that the TTW didn't seem to mind that Steve was caught daydreaming/dozing (??) a couple of times during the meeting.

At one point, the TA told the BoS that he spoke to Rich Bowen from K and P who said it was ok to use the $50,000 for downtown revitalization. Cara, quite rightfully asked for it in writing---ALWAYS an appropriate request in this day and age (and when dealing with K and P!!).

Steve "wakes up" and says he doesn't think it is necessary to contact K and P. Huh???? Cara POLITELY informs him that counsel had already been contacted she just made a request for the opinion in writing. Then Steve comes up with a gem that if Cara had said it, the TTW would have had a field day!! Steve asked if it was pro-bono!!!!!!!  K and P????? You must be kidding. Wareham is K and P's gravy train. Try paying attention Steve!! Did Cara "laugh" at you for being lost in space? Criticize you for it? Nope, she was polite and civilized.

Another time Jane had to call to Steve to get his attention about a second on a motion. Huh? Huh? You need  second?

And then there were several times that Steve had a little side bar conversation with the TA while another selectman was talking. Talk about rude. We could hear you Steve!! But the TTW gives him a pass.

Instead the TTW criticizes Cara for transposing a few words in a standard cliche. In JEERS--"We’ve been thinking about creating a weekly column of “Winslowisms” (i.e. “I don’t want to beat the horse to death” rather than “I don’t want to beat a dead horse)."

The thing about cliches is that people get the drift even if it isn't exactly correct. But does he say anything about Ms. Um, Um Eckstrom who speaks in sentence fragments all the time??? Incomplete thoughts strung together. Trying to follow her train of thought is like Daedalus and Icarus (that one is for you Dick!!) trying to get out of the MAZE with blindfolds on.  Five years of UM every other word and inarticulate ramblings make many of us want to pull hair. But Cara misspeaks and he's all over her. Very petty and more than pathetic.

And let's not even mention how many times this site has had to proofread and make corrections to the tacky tabloid.

Throwing stones when you live in a glass house. Yikes.

Anyway, I'm tired of the relentless attacks on Cara.  This is just another sign of an angry, obsessed person who enjoys making personal attacks and thinks he is a journalist. What kind of "journalist" does nothing but attack people??? Oh yeah, it's a tabloid.

#3 2010-09-03 16:31:43

Steve has stated on more than one occasion he has no use for Bobo and that he needs to go away..library embezzlement scheme, computer audit, and most recently the harassment of the TA were just a few of the reasons..having TTW in your corner is the "kiss of death"!!

#4 2010-09-03 18:51:47

Nora you failed to mention all the times Brenda says “ ya know” or   uses “whatdayacallit” when she can’t think of a word or how many times she uses the word “like” She’s a valley girl on steroids. I don’t think she knows the definition of a complete sentence. Her incoherent babbling adds at least 40 minutes to each meeting.

The representative from Makepeace must have been ecstatic when he saw she wasn’t at the meeting two weeks ago. He must be sick of answering her stupid and sometimes hostile questions.

#5 2010-09-03 19:40:20

Yeah, it is a problem when Cara makes a mistake BUT when I go to his site at 7:37 on Friday Sept 3rd, I see that he is predicting what the weather service will say.  Here is his line:

The forecast for Friday night, Sept. 3, as of 7:43 p.m. is as follows:

Friggin moron.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com