#1 2009-01-22 15:30:15

Ah, Mr. Slager. Man of the people.  Purveyor of the stupid.  You can deny all you want that you're not the puppet of the Selectmen (most notably Brenda & Bruce), but we all know you are.

Now that you are so desperate for readers, you are going to any length to push the Selectmen's (and your own agenda).  You put phony ads in your paper, phony political advertisements, and anonymous Letters to the Editor.

But this board is on to you.  We dispelled the phony ads.  We dispelled the phony political advertisement.  And we exposed Ana Paulina as Stacey Monponsette.  Although you denied even knowing her.

Here's more proof that your not on the up and up, and you and your bed buddies will say and do anything to push your agenda.

Here is a letter to the Editor that you published three weeks ago, and as of this moment appears on your website....

Some news stories, however big they were, are soon in the past: some, sadly, head into the future with us.

I think, for example, of some disturbing stories about a few policemen and our Police Chief. Is there active racism on the part of some of our police? Could the discriminatory events have continued without the sanction of the Chief? Haven’t at least two of our citizens been intimidated and harassed by the police, actually handcuffed and falsely charged and, when the charges were dismissed been released without a fulsome apology? Could these civil rights abuses have happened without the knowledge and sanction of the Chief?

It does not matter how you happen to feel about any single one of the protagonists in these stories, about whom you like, whom you’re indifferent to, whom you scorn; this was not a story about Selectman Sauvageau and Police Chief Joyce. These are stories of arrogant abuse of power and of targeted animosity.

Where is the loud public outcry about how ANY of us is treated? I’m shocked at the silence.  Martin Niemoller, a minister in Germany, wrote in the 1930s about what can happen when people shrug off harassment and malice on the part of the powerful:

First they came for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist; And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist; And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;
    And then . . . they came for me . . .

Leie Carmody
West Wareham

I'm not going to even focus on the fact this lady is off her rocker to compare the Police Department to Natzi Germany.  I have a better one....

According to this weeks Wareham Courier, Leie Carmody is on the Wareham Democratic Town Committee.  You know who else is?  BRENDA ECKSTROM.

How do you explain that one Rag Man?

#2 2009-01-22 20:00:16

Ragman oh Ragman, in your crystal ball you write we will change our name to the courier and write about the library every week and put it on the front page. Ragman u do exactly that every week you ass. Then I write I will never give in to bribery or threats but when u said u would go to jail before u gave up your confidential sources u lied. U gave them up in a heartbeat u coward. I noticed once again u sold nearly no papers. I check the stores ragman. Get off your ass and remove liz's picture from your website. She ain't coming back u insulted her over dolls u dumb fuck

#3 2009-01-23 00:20:52

TBL

Mr. Slager, ask Leie Carmody if she thinks the Wareham Police are still Nazis after they let her go with a warning for driving around in the dark with no headlights. Even after she wrote that absolutely disgusting letter about them.

Poor lady, her heart must have been in her throat when she saw those flashing blue lights in her rear view mirror. After all, she apparently believes the horrible lies you write about the Wareham Police.

With your lies and conspiracy theories you frighten old ladies and others who do not know any better. Are you proud of yourself?

Last edited by TBL (2009-01-23 00:28:29)

#4 2009-01-23 14:11:47

hey slager its ABCC (alcoholic beverage control commission)  not ABBC

professional journaliterate

#5 2009-01-26 08:07:00

Hi commonsense -- it sounds as though you are surprised that Brenda is a member of the Democratic Town Comm?  If so, let me present you some history:  not too many years ago when the Eckstrom family moved to Wareham from Brockton, Brenda decided she was a John Kerry fan (remember her bumpersticker on the back on the Eckstrom white bus of terror that holders her million kids?) and of course our local DTC was supporting John Kerry -- no wait, let me correct that -- Senator Marc Pacheco informed our local DTC who they were supporting.  So to the DTC she went and there she met JOHN DONAHUE (CHAIR OF DTC), JANE DONAHUE, PETER BARROWS, and all your other questionable 'new committee members' and letter writers here in town --

Now the DTC is always looking to make local elections a matter of republican/democrat and they are always looking for fresh meat they can have run for office.  So in walks Brenda and the machine is so excited to have a fish they can run for office.  And the rest, they say, is history.

They have always had a 500 to 1,000 person voting base, aided by half of the poll workers Mary Ann Silva puts on the annual election payroll each year.
Then they go to the nursing homes and get folks signatures there too.  John and Jane are FAMOUS around town for showing up at EVERY wake and funeral....

So there's your history of who Brenda poo hangs around with....

#6 2009-01-26 11:47:54

http://www.thetritownobserver.com/tritownhome.html

i dont like to report inaccurate stories  so i will put it like this
the above link has a heartfelt story about an elderly woman and her water bill

it says that observer media  the parent company of tri town observeris going to pay her bill.

i can only assume that liz has been paid back the 5 k the salary and the rent has been paid if they have money for this.   genuine or not it i am glad that someone is helping this lady.

#7 2009-01-27 12:10:41

I've heard the tc has been going around town hall during business hours collecting signatures to become vested in her position, I do believe the rag reported employees doing this before.  I wonder if the TA will repremand her??

Last edited by Vikings (2009-05-23 00:30:47)

#8 2009-01-27 12:38:15

$9000 raise last year.
giggling and hanging on every selectpersons words at meetings
handpicked for the charter review committee

vikings                    unlikely that the town puppet i mean administrator would do anything but sign the document .

#9 2009-01-27 15:56:52

What does "vested in her position" mean?

#10 2009-01-27 17:43:42

FrogsRule wrote:

What does "vested in her position" mean?

Hey, that was my question too.  I looked up vested in the dictionary, but having the definition didn't make things any clearer.

#11 2009-01-27 21:47:45

"For a state or federal employee, becoming vested is one of the most important goals that can be reached. Whether you wish to continue working in the public sector until retirement, or simply choose to stay long enough to add to your overall benefits, becoming vested should be given definite consideration. The process of becoming vested may vary from one state to another, or from agency to agency. In some states, you will only have to work for a particular department for a minimum of five years before becoming vested, while in other situations, the length of time is ten years.

Sometimes, if you pay into your retirement, it is possible to become vested in a shorter amount of time, depending on how much you contribute. In other agencies, the length of time it takes to become vested is significantly shorter, namely one to two years. Either way, it's worth it in the end.

Typically, it takes ten years to become vested with the federal government, but, as with state jobs, the length of time may be dependent on several factors. How much you pay into your own retirement can make a big difference in the length of the entire process. The amount of time may also vary from one occupation to another, but this is less common than with state employment.

What does it mean to become vested? When you are vested, you will be able to draw money from the state or federal government upon your retirement. This amount is dependent upon how much you have put in, and how long you have worked for the public sector. If you are a state employee and are vested, then you decide to go work in the private sector, you will still receive this money upon retirement. The same applies to federal employment as well. Should you ever need to draw disability, this money will be considered a part of your social security, and will be allotted to you every month prior to your retirement at the time you begin receiving your disability.

Should you not become vested, you will not be able to receive any money from working for the public sector upon retirement, and will not be duly compensated should you ever draw disability. That is why becoming vested can prove to be an advantage, and why many people choose to work for the public instead of the private sector."

Here is how it is defined under the state and federal sites.  I am assuming that this will secure her position.

#12 2009-01-27 22:47:39

Thanks Vikings, in Mass you have to work ten years to be vested, even this crew can't change that (no matter how much money or how many signatures they collect!) BTW, does she now attend all BOS meetings, being that she is an empty nester and her husband has his own interests (which apparently do not include her?)

#13 2009-02-10 14:18:33

yup.

Last edited by Vikings (2009-05-23 00:32:29)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com