#1 2009-01-06 10:24:08

Meeting agendas are dumped on Wareham's website in no particular order in PDF format, the press and public's only blinkered peek at the town's business.

Converting PDF documents to text is simple, if always imperfect, but what the hell. These clowns no longer even pretend they want the public examining public business. Their messy private lives? Sure, have at it.

I've posted tonight's agenda below for the amusement of viewers at home, assuming CCTV still televises the proceedings, and you have a taste for self inflicted pain.

Of particular note this week... Ah, screw it. You guys decide. I'm at B.S. endurance overload.

09 JANUARY 6, 2009

TOWN of WAREHAM

Board of Selectmen/Sewer Commissioners

MEETING AGENDA

7:00 PM - Room #320 Multi-Service Center, 48 Marion Road, Wareham, Massachusetts

1. CALL TO ORDER BY CHAIRMAN

2. ROLL CALL

3. CITIZENS PARTICIPATION

4. CDM – MEETING WITH MICHAEL GUIDICE RE. AGAWAM FORCE MAIN

5. CONSENT AGENDA

a. Authorization to sign bills and documents, etc.

b. Appointment of housing rehab inspector position to the Wareham Community & Economic Development Authority Department.

c. Approval of meeting minutes: June 5, 2007, July 24, 2007, July 31, 2007, August 14, 2007, August 21, 2007, August 28, 2007, October 9, 2007, November 20, 2007, November 27, 2007, December 2, 2008 and December 16, 2008.

d. Approval of executive session meeting minutes: July 24, 2007, July 31, 2007, August 27, 2007 & October 9, 2007.

6. LICENSES & PERMITS

1.  7:30 p.m. - Application for a Common Victualer’s License by Borders #803, 2421 Cranberry Highway, Suite 460, Wareham, MA under the provisions of Chapter 140 of the Massachusetts General Laws.

2. 7:45 p.m. - Application for a one-day all alcoholic beverages license permit by Andrea Cannon-Telier, 17 Colony Avenue, Bourne for a private party at the Bay Point Country Club, 19 Bay Pointe Drive, Onset on Saturday, February 7, 2009 from 6:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m.

7. TOWN BUSINESS

a. 8:00 p.m. - Set Town Meeting dates.

b. 8:10 p.m. Town Administrator's Report.

c. Any other town business.

8. LIAISON REPORTS

9. ADJOURNMENT

10. SIGNING OF DOCUMENTS APPROVED BY THE BOARD

#2 2009-01-06 20:33:28

Cat Lady is back to her old throne at the rear of the meeting room, though to what purpose is anyone's guess.

Bruce is on post-lockup sabbatical, or maybe he couldn't thumb a ride into town.

Brenda Eckstrom has yet to grow a brain, excusing her lack of attention to town business to 3 computer worms and a virus which somehow prevented her from answering the phone for the month of December.

Jim Potter, by contrast, at least sounds coherent, even if he can't conduct a proper meeting to save his live.

Interim Town Manager Sanguinet appeared entirely out to lunch on building inspection issues he should know cold but under the circumstances, I imagine we're lucky to have anyone with a pulse fill that seat.

So there you have it. A meeting I couldn't endure for more than 10 minutes.

Shrug. You're right if you think this is lame.

#3 2009-01-06 23:20:41

I'm told Slager actually attended tonight's meeting and I totally blew my first leather jacket and shorts sighting. Imagine, Cat Lady and Slager in the same room. Almost takes your breath away, don't it?

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/pleasestandby.jpg

As penance, we present this Charlotte, NC City Council meeting from Jan. 28, 2002, in a performance y'all may recognize.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Last edited by billw (2009-01-06 23:27:31)

#4 2009-01-07 01:29:52

TBL

Wow! That guy in the video is crazy.

#5 2009-01-07 07:16:13

I Had Three Worms And A Virus So I Couldnt Call You Back The Entire Month! She Had No Problem Calling And Commenting On Bruce Getting Arrested. Slager Was There Cuz Fat Boy Couldnt Attend. He Had A Direct Pipeline To The Convicts House.

#6 2009-01-07 09:12:05

Bill,
Thank you for your efforts, it does not go unnoticed or unappreciated.
Did you see a water cooler or stapler in the room? It is rumored that they are the next nominees for managing editor at Slobserver Media.

#7 2009-01-07 10:50:09

My favorite part of the Selectman's Meeting was when both Cronin and Eckstrom encouraged Mr. Jani to sue to Town over his property dispute. 

Sure, they were trying to dump it on the building inspector, but when you sue someone that works for the Town, you sue the entity that has the most money.  In this case it's not the building inspector, it the Town.  Great job Selectmen.

#8 2009-01-07 12:20:50

TBL

commonsense wrote:

My favorite part of the Selectman's Meeting was when both Cronin and Eckstrom encouraged Mr. Jani to sue to Town over his property dispute. 

Sure, they were trying to dump it on the building inspector, but when you sue someone that works for the Town, you sue the entity that has the most money.  In this case it's not the building inspector, it the Town.  Great job Selectmen.

The selectmen are reckless. Last night they encouraged a guy to sue and that will be more money taken from the town for legal bills, settlement, etc. The selectmen have also encouraged every dirtbag to come forward and complain about their arrest. By doing so the selectmen cause the dirtbags to feel like they have a civil case. As the dirtbags say, "I wanna get PAID"!

#9 2009-01-07 12:57:06

reckless is good tbl  they are just digging and digging.  the town unfortunately will be paying for years when the lawsuits come and trust me they are coming. 

wonder if this is the same building inspector that put a stop and decease on cronin who was building a deck without a permit last summer

#10 2009-01-07 13:10:49

http://www.wickedlocal.com/wareham/archive/x1817180664

not sure if i connected this link correctly but the story talks about selectman cronan's prior "Mistake" and how his integrity is still in tact. 

and something about if that doesnt teach you a lesson nothing will

oh well

#11 2009-01-07 13:32:57

oneeardog wrote:

wonder if this is the same building inspector that put a stop and decease on cronin who was building a deck without a permit last summer

Good lord, the Chapter 766 kids took over the asylum.

#12 2009-01-07 16:07:41

oneeardog wrote:

Maybe it's the same building inspector that wouldn't shut down Mr. DeFelice (whos property is adjacent to Brenda's).

You see Brenda told the building inspector, oh wait, she ordered the building inspector to have the project shut down because Mr. Defelice didn't have the proper permits. 

But WHOOOPS!  He did!  Boy, she must have had egg on her face.

#13 2009-01-07 16:33:54

It's too bad Fathead wasn't there last night.  I enjoy his blather and then the "Slagerizing" that comes with it.  I'm sure the two of them spent some time in bed together last night to discuss what was missed.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com