#1 2008-12-01 15:07:27

Slager/Sauvageau. Is it possible anymore tell one from the other?

You know where to find him.

Last edited by billw (2008-12-01 15:07:50)

#2 2008-12-01 16:13:34

Wow...
I have to admit I'm new to this, so most of you have probably already figured this out but... wow.
So, there's a letter to the editor in one newspaper, and the editor of another newspaper who, by the way, is constantly crying out about free speech, feels compelled to chastise the person for exercising their free speech and then attempts to set the record straight by stating his version of the facts.
Wow...
Really, wow...
Has anyone ever thought that maybe a psychiatrist should be consulted? I'm just saying, sometimes you see the signs and then after someone has gone off the deep end you think, oh yeah, maybe someone should have gotten them help before this happened.
Wow, wow, wow!

#3 2008-12-01 17:54:23

I Finally Watched The Selectmans Meeting On The Brock Tucy Hearing. Damn That Was Long. Bruce Yelled At One Guy That He Didnt Care About Wasting Time Or Money And Brenda Threw In That They Are An Unpaid Board.

#4 2008-12-01 20:19:29

I don't think I've ever seen a journalist in my life that trips over himself rushing to come to a politician's defense over every single solitary criticism the way the Ragman does for Brucey.

#5 2008-12-01 20:30:25

P.S. - Did you ever think you'd live to see the day when a man calling himself a "reporter" would object to a citizen signing a petition?

#6 2008-12-01 21:15:57

Either Slager needs to get his Wankinquoah and Wankinco straight or Mapquest and Yahoo Maps do.  With the changing and un-changing of the road names, the origins of the roads will make your head spin.

He claims only 5 residents live on Wankinco. According to Mapquest, Wankinco runs from Barnes St. to Swift's beach road--that's four blocks with houses on both sides). Wankinquoah is listed as the small dirt road currently bearing the Oceanside sign. Which could be the 5 residents he refers to.  Anyhow...

Yes, the EMS Director did say there was confusion, but he DID NOT SAY, THAT SPECIFIC STREET had to be changed to THAT NAME.  He said that similar sounding streets THROUGHOUT TOWN made it confusing.

Also, we STILL HAVE the 3 MAYFLOWER'S.  Why aren't we focusing on that moron? 

Of course Bruce's wife suggested the name.  If i were a prominent public figure I'd have my wife do it too so no one would think I had anything to do with it.  In reality I wouldn't have tried that because people are too smart and they'd see right through it.  As we know, Bruce and Slager don't give citizens of Wareham that credit.  They prey on the dumb.

Yes, Bruce's wife has the right as a private citizen to suggest the name.  But was anyone else IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD asked to make suggestions?  Because after all, the Sauvageau's live on Swift's Beach Rd., not Wankinquoah (Oceanside)...you know the road they wanted to change the name of...that THEY didn't live on.

So if someone in the NEIGHBOORHOOD, who doesn't live on the road can make a street name suggestion, why can't people who LIVE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD reject the name change?  Explain that one Slager.

Also, if private citizens have the right to voice their opinion (ignoring the fact they are married to a Selectman), then Haupt should have the right to voice her opinion on the matter.

If she wanted YOUR OPINION Slager, she would have wrote to YOUR paper.  Mind your own business and let people outside your circle voice their opinion.  Let them exercise THEIR FREEDOM OF SPEECH in a place they feel safe. 

Oh no, you can't let that happen.  You can't let someone disagree with you.  Especially in a place where she'll reach 100 TIMES the readers you do.  Life's a bitch!

Last edited by commonsense (2008-12-01 22:59:22)

#7 2008-12-01 21:30:11

Also, we still have...

Plymouth Ave & Plymouth Rd
Pleasant Ave & Pleasant St.
Highland Ter., Highland Rd., Highland Ct. & Highland Ave

Doesn't get any more confusing than that last one.  Three of them are in the same area. 

So tell me Slager,  where are these 14 other streets that were changed without objection?

#8 2008-12-02 08:53:55

commonsense wrote:

Highland Ter., Highland Rd., Highland Ct. & Highland Ave

Doesn't get any more confusing than that last one.  Three of them are in the same area. 

So tell me Slager,  where are these 14 other streets that were changed without objection?

Say, don't the Donahue's live on Highland Ave?

Let's change its name at once!

Any suggestions?

#9 2008-12-02 09:33:48

We also have 1st (ave)through 17th (ave) in wareham and 1st (street) through I think its 22nd  (street)in Onset in which I've heard the police and fire department get mixed up on the scanner.     I also remember when the Swifts beach parking lot would be full, we used to pay a certain father-in-law and daughter team five dollars to park our car in the Haupt property.  Hmmm?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com