#1 2008-11-23 23:14:14

Say, what's the big deal???

The Ragman stated in the Tri-Town Rag last week that the tri-towners need not fear if they heard the Wareham Rag is going on sale.  He told them the Tri-Town Rag would remain free.

OH, I SEE HOW IT IS!

All those brie cheese chewing, three-olive martini guzzling, golf playing, cognac snifter swirling, red velvet robe wearing, exclusive country club three hour lunch having, yacht sailing, ascot wearing, Land Rover driving, private academy attending, "A Dunkin Donuts will destroy our town!" whining, moneybag carrying Marionites get free rags up the wazoo, while us Joe Sixpacks here in Wareham get stuck having to shell out 75 of our hard-earned cents!!!

Where's the justice?  Where's the justice?  It's an outrage, I tells ya!

I can just picture a Mr. and Mrs. Howell from Gilligan's Island looking yacht club clothes wearing couple from Marion now:

"Oh, lovey!  Lovey, do pick me up one of those naughty rags on your way to the diamond store, will you?  And pick an extra one up for yourself, we have plenty of free rags on the backs of those low brow Warehammers! Ha ha ha!"

You have to do the Thurston Howell voice when you read that. 

That Ragman, I tell ya.  Protecting all his rich Marion buddies at the expense of us Wareham folk.  What a power elitist!

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2008-11-23 23:18:57)

#2 2008-11-24 09:11:35

Hamatron5000 wrote:

"Oh, lovey!  Lovey, do pick me up one of those naughty rags on your way to the diamond store, will you?  And pick an extra one up for yourself, we have plenty of free rags on the backs of those low brow Warehammers! Ha ha ha!"

I love that!

The truth be told, the TT slobserver is even a bigger flop. With a free paper the piles remain for weeks. I'm guessing even he is smart enough to realize charging for it in Marion would not be fruitful.

#3 2008-11-24 09:50:23

Hey Flox,

The Tri-Rag was indeed a flop.  I poked a little fun at our brie cheese eating neighbors, but truthfully, they are to be commended for their response to the Rag.  They all stood together, and the key to their success was, unlike in our town, where the selectmen were happy to use the Ragman as their bagman  (and the attention starved Ragman was all too happy to be their loyal lackey),  the town officials over in Marion weren't having any of it. 

When you have good town officials and good townspeople working together, the Ragman doesn't stand a chance, as our Marion neighbors taught us.

You might say that the Tri-Rag is actually the Ragman's third failed attempt at trying to pass off a shameless politcally partisan newsletter as a newspaper.  (The first two failures being the Bulletin Rag and the Wareham Rag, and now the Tri-Rag, three completely miserable failures.)

You'd think after three failures, he'd pack it in and get a job cleaning bus station toilets.  Alas, shameless political partisans like the Ragman will always blame their failures on others.

#4 2008-11-24 11:09:30

Hamatron5000 wrote:

the Ragman's third failed attempt at trying to pass off a shameless politcally partisan newsletter as a newspaper.  (The first two failures being the Bulletin Rag and the Wareham Rag, and now the Tri-Rag, three completely miserable failures.)

You had me up to the Bulletin, Ham.

The Wareham Bulletin was premeditated extortion but it was wildly successful. Slager only deviated from the usual script by failing to skip town.

Once upon a time, here's how it worked. A publisher spotted a vulnerable market that could only support one paper and threw money at; noisy local controversy, advertising and - most critical - free home delivery.

Speaking from personal experience, Ham, it's barrels of fun.

Last edited by billw (2008-11-24 11:31:00)

#5 2008-11-24 11:21:10

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Hey Flox,

You'd think after three failures, he'd pack it in and get a job cleaning bus station toilets.

Do you really think he would be any good cleaning toilets? I don't think he'd even be able to do that well.

#6 2008-11-25 18:24:31

yes i do he could stand on his head and let that big empty brillo pad do all the work .  then he could talk while in there and his venomous lies would act like a caustic cleaning agent

#7 2008-11-25 18:38:37

oneeardog wrote:

then he could talk while in there and his venomous lies would act like a caustic cleaning agent

Andrea Smith, Liz Pezzoli, and Slager were so quick to sell their slavish souls for a reason. Think maybe Brucie convinced them he'd make them a fortune?

#8 2008-11-25 23:48:09

Well, the Cat Lady covered Wareham for the Standard Times, the Enterprise, and in her own paper for years and never had much criticism for anyone...she only "coincidentally" discovered that Wareham had all these "evil power elitists" about the same time when the Ragman cut her a big fat $5,000 check for her paper.

Cat Lady - Opinion for Hire

#9 2008-11-26 16:00:18

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Well, the Cat Lady covered Wareham for the Standard Times, the Enterprise, and in her own paper for years and never had much criticism for anyone...

Looked to me like she buddied up to Brucie immediately after he reached the BOS in 2002.

Last edited by Pat Riot (2008-11-26 16:01:06)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com