#1 2008-10-27 14:18:29

How about it?

#2 2008-11-15 21:50:12

Doesn't one of them reside out of town now?  Isn't that a no-no?  Why isn't The Wareham Observer reporting on that?

#3 2008-11-15 23:29:53

commonsense wrote:

Doesn't one of them reside out of town now?  Isn't that a no-no?  Why isn't The Wareham Observer reporting on that?

My neighborhood held its breath and prayed when the Donahue's put a forsale sign in their yard and cursed audibly when they took it down.

I dunno, commonsense, isn't it always happy news when one of those clowns skip town? Please, though, brighten our day again. Who is it?

Interesting side note: I have never once laid eyes on that weasle Slager. He must only emerge after dark.

#4 2008-11-16 10:47:00

The Chairman is residing in Bourne at his new wife's home.  Although he still OWNS a home in Onset.

#5 2008-11-16 10:49:42

Slager comes out when there are large groups of people around, that way he's not recognized.  Although he does have a cozy seat on the sidelines of the Wareham Viking's games.  Even though he has someone else snapping photos.

He also delivers the papers to the largest stores in the area, in hopes not to be seen. I guess he won't be doing that anymore.  At least he still has the many many liquor stores in town to stock his rag.

Too bad he can't spell their names right.

#6 2008-11-16 13:20:06

commonsense does he own the house or his mother? may be no difference whatsoever but the factr remains i believe the charter says reside in town.

#7 2008-11-16 18:29:02

oneeardog wrote:

commonsense does he own the house or his mother? may be no difference whatsoever but the factr remains i believe the charter says reside in town.

Thanks for the correction oneeardog.  It was silly of me to think that someone in such a high position in town politics owned their own house.

I believe the charter does say reside.  Hmmm.

#8 2008-11-16 19:39:16

commonsense wrote:

Slager comes out when there are large groups of people around, that way he's not recognized.

He's the male wearing the leather jacket in summer and bermuda shorts in the winter.  How hard is that to recognize?

#9 2008-11-16 19:57:41

commonsense wrote:

oneeardog wrote:

Thanks for the correction oneeardog.  It was silly of me to think that someone in such a high position in town politics owned their own house.

I believe the charter does say reside.  Hmmm.

Section 3-1 General Provisions

Eligibility - Any voter shall be eligible to hold any elective town office.

(1) Voters - The word "voters" shall mean persons registered to vote in the town of Wareham.

http://buzzardsbay.net/discuss/WarehamCharter.html

#10 2008-11-17 18:38:57

That sucks, but the registry requires you change you address within 30 days I believe.  When you change your address, you are supposed to change your voting information. 

The Potter issue still reeks to me.

#11 2008-11-17 18:46:02

commonsense wrote:

That sucks, but the registry requires you change you address within 30 days I believe.  When you change your address, you are supposed to change your voting information.

Yeah, but the issue has surfaced many, many times before, dating back at least to the time (until 1884) when Wareham encompassed what's now Buzzards Bay and Bourne.

The solution is to raise the issue publicly. Like tonight. I'll try, maybe by consoling Brucie on his repo and congratulating Jimbo and his move out of town.

#12 2008-11-17 19:54:06

Sarcasm - my best friend.

Last edited by commonsense (2008-11-17 19:54:35)

#13 2008-11-17 21:28:28

commonsense wrote:

Nope, not at all. I got ruled out of order, but what the hell. Now the whole town knows Potter is no longer a resident.

#14 2008-11-17 22:14:19

guess we are not entitled to ask where the missing money goes.  people are catching on to the little games these people are playing and it is driving them crazy.  surprised they didnt have a knee jerk reaction and try to adjourn to the safety of their executive session.  ....oh my god these peons arent complete morons after all and they can add. what will we do. what will we do?  .......  i dont know but can i have a lift home before you go to bbay

#15 2008-11-18 00:07:53

billw wrote:

commonsense wrote:

Nope, not at all. I got ruled out of order, but what the hell. Now the whole town knows Potter is no longer a resident.

Hey, I was there.  I heard you.  Too bad you didn't stick around. The moderator was completely out of control giving preferential treatment to the BOS and their cronies.  The anger that he is provoking in people is scary.  I heard people complaining about the conflict of interest with his wife on the BOS but I never saw it until tonight.  it was awful.  The BOS is now the authority about everything.....and the moderator is a first class @##.

The unfortunate thing about Jim moving out of town is that he is the only decent member on the BOS.

Slager and Bruce are probably celebrating as everyone sleeps because the library was voted down....Hey let them rejoice.  The library personnel still has their cars and their business isn't failing.

#16 2008-11-18 01:59:11

Sam79 wrote:

The unfortunate thing about Jim moving out of town is that he is the only decent member on the BOS.

This is a criminal enterprise, Sam, and each selectman knows it.

They're all in this together.

#17 2008-11-18 09:15:17

more of the sametonight with out the audience to call them on it.  rumor is that they will shut down maple springs rd to commercial traffic.  apparently a couple (2) of loudmouths who have brendas ear and full bidding.  guess two instigators with a 500.ooo home gets preferencial treatment to the 150 people on glen charlie rd.  just because i paid 150,000 for my house i guess im just a dirtbag and get no consideration in this

#18 2008-11-18 09:39:14

oneeardog wrote:

apparently a couple (2) of loudmouths who have brendas ear and full bidding.

Well, good, the Brockton bitch found someone to cover her outstanding cell phone bill for one month.

#19 2008-11-18 11:55:59

i heard about the bankruptcy rumor and the drinking. what is with the cell phone thing

#20 2008-11-18 14:25:32

oneeardog wrote:

i heard about the bankruptcy rumor and the drinking. what is with the cell phone thing

When the BOS was knit-picking the ex-TA's budget, they wanted Police cell phone's eliminated.  I don't know if it was Bruce or Brenda or it might have been both that said they had personal cell phone bills in the area of $800 dollars a month that they paid on their own.  I don't know what the exact amount was, but it was so astronomical I couldn't believe it.

It must suck being a politician and not being able to get a good cell phone plan.  They have plans that are $100 for everything, yet somehow, their bills are 5 times that or more. 

They must just be extremely stupid.  Same goes for who voted them in for second terms.

#21 2008-11-18 21:37:56

At the Spring Town Meeting when they were trying to pass giving the BOS members a stipend for serving, Brenda announced that she had just paid a $500.00 cell phone bill because of all the calls related to serving as a BOS...maybe that is why she needed to cry at a meeting because she does not know how to manage her money..boohoohoo

#22 2008-11-18 21:44:32

Wareham Charter wrote:

Section 3-1 General Provisions

Eligibility - Any voter shall be eligible to hold any elective town office.

(1) Voters - The word "voters" shall mean persons registered to vote in the town of Wareham.

commonsense wrote:

Hokeydoke.

Whereas, the undersigned note the failure of Wareham Board of Selectman Chairman James Potter to properly notify the Registry of Motor Vehicles of his change of residence within the allotted 30 days and hereby challenge his right to vote in the town of Wareham.

Last edited by billw (2008-11-18 22:01:41)

#23 2008-11-18 23:19:38

People, come on.  This is a good trend.  We have one selectman moved out of town.  Now if only the other 4 would move out too.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com