#1 2010-05-24 01:06:13

Here are several clips from recent BoS meeting's where the Selectmen discussed the appointing process of town boards and committees (by the BoS)...along with the relevant section of the town charter. I don't know why, but there seems to be some "confusion" as to how or why someone gets appointed (even by the Selectmen). Recommendations from the (relevant) boards and committees are all fine and good..but the charter clearly states that the BoS are the appointing authority (on most boards and committees)..and they have the final say on who's appointed. At last week's meeting, Jane tried to make it sound as if it was REQUIRED to have the board (or committees) recommendation before an applicant would be considered. This is just not true. I believe the other Selectmen should have challenged her on this..and interviewed the applicant (Liz McDonald) for the COA board. It is my understanding that there are currently five vacancies on that board, yet Jane didn't even show Liz the respect to bring her up and discuss her interest in serving..(whoever thinks the fact that it's Liz had NOTHING to do with this NON appointment is fooling themselves)..who did they appoint to the COA on this same night? Alan Slavin..According to the town's website, this is Mr. Slavin's sixth appointment (and I believe he's also on the Library Board of Trustees (#7) - though he's not listed for that on the town's website)..he is listed as being on Capital Planning (Co-Chair), Charter Review (Chair), Marine Resources, the Planning Board (Clerk), Tremont Nail Master Plan (Chair)..as well as the COA (not yet listed on website). In what way is Alan Slavin any more suited to serving on this board than Liz McDonald? The "manipulation" of appointments to boards and committees continues..

Section  3 - 2    Board of Selectmen

(c) Appointing Powers - The board of selectmen shall appoint  the  town administrator, the registrars of voters (but not the town clerk) and other election officers, the board of health, and the members of all other multiple-member bodies for whom no other method of selection is provided by the charter.

http://www.wareham.ma.us/Public_Documen … HARTER.doc

TBW
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-05-24 01:07:36)

#2 2010-05-24 06:54:31

I AGREE WITH YOU P SPAN,SLAVIN SHOULD NOT BE APPOINTED TO ANOTHER COMMITEE AND LIZ WILL NOT GET A FAVORABLE  REVIEW FROM THE COMMITEE ON COUNCIL ON AGEING BECAUSE ITS BEEN STACKED WITH BRENDAS AND JANES FREINDS , I KNOW ARE NEW SELECTMAN ARE STILL LEARNING BIT PLEASE AT THE NEXT MEETING CARA OR STEVE I KNOW ONE OF YOU WILL SHOW THE SPINE AND BALLS THAT WE KNOW YOU HAVE AND CHANGELLE JANE ON THIS MATTER WITH LIZ , YOU ARE ALL EQUAL AS SELECTMAN ,CALL FOR A VOTE ON HER , DONT LET JANE SCREW WITH YOU , STEVE AND CARA WE HAVE FAITH IN YOU ., AND NO YOU WILL DO THE RIGHT THING, IF IT HAS TO COME TO A SMACKDOWN WITH JANE SO BE IT.

#3 2010-05-24 07:08:16

SLAVIN GOT ON THE COA BECAUSE HE HAS FREINDS ON THE BOARD ALLREADY , LET THE SMACKDOWN OF JANE AND BRENDA BEGIN THESE WITCHES ARE EVIL AND WAT THERE WAY AT ALL COSTS THEY FIGHT DIRTY , AND STEVE , CARA AND MR CRUZ YOUU WILL HAVE TO SOIL YOUR HANDS IN DEALING WITH THEM

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com